It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council pay for a medium to exorcise a poltergeist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Not sure if this should be in politics or paranormal, or maybe they made a new one...Parapolitics

news.sky.com...

Only reason I posted this is I live near and think it is totaly mental for a council to pay for this, is it usual???

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Pockets]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

well its not that weird.
if a complete investigation has been done in the home and paranormal events which could not be explained were found during the investigation then i guess it was the councils only chose in the matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
For a council to spend tax payers money on this type of activity is beyond me, I just think it's a waste...

"He said my dressing gown then came floating down the stairs and landed at his feet."
Ha I've heard children make better ghost story's than that

Please could more people post there thought's on the spending of tax money on this

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think it's utterly bizarre, not the fact the whole poltergeist thing, but spending other peoples money on it whether you believe in them or not... is just silly.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's actually not all that uncommon for local councils to arrange for an exorcism of a premises, at least in the UK, where a substantial percent of the population inhabits dwellings owned by local authorities.

If you search online, you should be able to find Guy Lyon Playfair's book about a highly publicised poltergeist case in Enfield, UK, as an example of council and other local authority involvement.

From memory, a local-authority-owned two-storey dwelling was allocated to a woman (possibly widowed) and her several children.

It was not a new dwelling, i.e., it had been inhabited by one or more persons or families, prior.

The focus of what was described as poltergeist activity was believe to centre on the eldest daughter, a girl aged between 11 and 13, I think.

The activity commenced with a few noises and moved-objects, perhaps, but escalated into chaos.

During the worst of the manifestations, several paranormal investigators of good repute, plus local clergy, police officers and neighbours, etc. claimed to witness a variety of phenomena, including moved-objects, levitation on the part of the focus-child (Janet was her name I think), upturned items of heavy furniture, voices, growls, curses, blasphemy, foul language, etc.

The local clergy attempted to 'lay' the ghost / poltergeist and from memory the council engaged others for the same purpose.

In any event, after several weeks, the activity ceased and the council relocated the family (I think).

The explanation arrived at for the poltergeist activity .. or at least one possible explanation.. was that the 'ghost' or 'entity' was that of a previous tenant, an elderly man.

I remember something about the entity arriving in the home 'within' or 'attached to' a second-hand item of furniture .. a chair .. which the mother had purchased somewhere.

From memory, I think details provided by the entity regarding its name, death, place of burial, etc. were subsequently discovered to be correct or partially correct when checked against local cemeteries.

There are several similar cases each year in the UK. 'Blessings' or 'exorcisms' administered by local clergy or lay priests or mediums, paranormalists, etc. sometimes succeed in ridding the premises of whatever entities are believed to be present.

No doubt an online search will reveal examples of this. Such incidents are often reported in the news.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Dock6
Nice post thankyou, there has been loads of talk of this in town and with different story's going about I feel I should investigate more, I found a contact e-mail for the medium and may contact the council, but ask them what I'm not sure...anyone got any questions for good old Easington Council post them here and I shall ask

new topics

top topics

join