It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever think of submitting this forum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
...to SETI@home?

I'm thinking this particular forum could be submitted to SETI@home as an English-language SETI@home related board...
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi EXR!!

No, never considered it at all, I'm afraid

I guess I'm too busy contemplating my navel to look outside for long enough? I shouldn't think there'd be any problems with that at all - would you like to "make enquiries" EXR??

Good find!!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I already e-mailed seti a few days ago about getting us onto this list

I couldn't see us on there.( unless I just didn't look closely enough) I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
good find EliteXizer.

I have been thinking about posting in crunchers corner in the SETI message boards to let people know about ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I already e-mailed seti a few days ago about getting us onto this list

I couldn't see us on there.( unless I just didn't look closely enough) I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
good find EliteXizer.

I have been thinking about posting in crunchers corner in the SETI message boards to let people know about ATS.

Hi pantha!!

I'm *really* tempted to say "is it because of the Barcardi Breezers" that you might not have looked closely enough?

Great job both!! Certainly *more* mentions in relevent fora could only enhance what our team is trying to do, wouldn't it, whilst also promoting ATS itself?

"Win-win" as they say in some quarters... Now, I'm back to my navel-contemplation!!

ps Please keep us updated on any outcomes pantha!!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
cheeky

Barcardi Breezers might certainly have played some part in it

I will keep an eye on the list to see if we do get added. I have to admit though that I won't hold my breath as there seem to be several parts of the SETI site that don't get updated and quite a few links that don't work. They are probably all to busy with BOINC. Still if we don't ask we don't get. fingers crossed anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cheeky? Moi?!!

Yes, it's difficult to know how soon Berkeley might update their website, etc, due to BOINC moves. I'm encouraged, however, that the server downtime experienced earlier today (thank heavens for SETI Monitors cache!
) gave me a reason to visit the "Server Status" URL and I noticed that data is *still* being collected for SETI@home and SERENDIP. The latest data tapes being split are for 4th Jan 2004, so I guess we will *still* be crunching for some time?

Enjoy your Breezers pantha!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh I see.

I'll examine the SETI site further and see what else they have there. This could be useful for promoting ATS

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
Oh I see.

I'll examine the SETI site further and see what else they have there. This could be useful for promoting ATS

Good on you EliteXizer!!

Yes, anything that promotes ATS is most welcome - and extra members to the ATS SETI@home team would be most welcome too!!

Good hunting EXR!!

new topics

top topics

join