It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested, caged and DNA tested - for using MP3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Arrested, caged and DNA tested - for using MP3

www.metro.co.uk

A commuter was arrested at gunpoint and had his DNA and fingerprints taken simply for listening to his MP3 player while waiting for a bus.

Darren Nixon was surrounded by armed police after his music player was mistaken for a gun.

When a passer-by saw the 28-year-old get out his black Philips machine to change tracks, she panicked and dialled 999.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police Illegally Seizing DNA from Drivers
Give DNA or no job; A.F.P.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Got DNA?

Well now the PTB the world over want yours, even if you're innocent.

And if you are innocent, there's currently no way to expunge your data from the system.

Who wants to line up and go willingly, before they come for you and take it by force?

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No one is innocent. I would like to have not had my DNA released in a situation like this because by giving it to them that greatly signifies my obedience to over policing and unjust policy. Plus I would be on the list. But in the long run I think they would get it from me [edit: as I would have little choice in the matter.

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's a crying shame that you guys in the UK aren't allowed to have guns! It honestly looks like the time is ripe to take these people and start dangling them from the streetposts and trees. Between the cameras, the barking loudspeakers, the DNA stealing, IDs and such - it's beginning to resemble Nazi Germany over there.

Oh, and to be fair, the U.S. is right on your heels. The difference being that they kknow that had better be careful with these silly games over here. 125 Million armed Americans are not to be taken lightly - especially when we get agitated enough.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Boy, what a bunch of crap.

Sucks when a provable false accusation can still have the same effects as a real one.

Don't like your neighbor?
Just tell the po po that you saw them go outside with rocket launcher and start taking pot shots at squirrels, then wait for them to be detained, abused, property searched, damaged, seized, and finally left to go back about their business.
The accuser seem to never be held accountable anymore.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

True, no one is innocent.

But neither is everyone guilty, no?

This growing adversarial relationship between the police and the citizens they are sworn to "protect and serve" has it's roots in the shift in tactics from assisting the public to controlling the public.

And it bodes not well for us all.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'll remember to call 999 next time I'm in trouble.

:p

What's 999?

Mitchell

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchMagic

Apparently an upside down 666!

At least for the poor sod with the MP3, in this case.

Actually it's the equivalent to 911 in the states:

In the UK and Republic of Ireland, the number is 9-9-9 with 1-1-2 working in parallel.
Wikipedia | 9-1-1

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I had a similar thing done to me, the saccusser can do what they want and don't get any come backs. Why isn't see arrested for wasting police time, or locked up for being delusional.

Plank of wood, is everywhere, sorry but when i hear things like this, it reminds me of things done to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I guess it depends on who you ask. A lot of us who disagree with a certain authority figure will be labeled as dissident, terrorists, traitors, and so forth.

The people are thought of as a potential threat to those in charge, hence martial law.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

Exactly!

And by virtue of placing these pejorative labels upon good citizens they are able to dehumanize them and simplify the process whereby their fellow citizens can feel righteous in their persecution of the not guilty.

Words can, indeed kill.

new topics

top topics

join