It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian EM Superweapon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is an article I found about a super EM weapon that the soviets developed in the 60's!

www.totse.com...

As a consequence of the Soviet breakthrough and decades of feverish development, monstrous strategic weapons undreamed of in the West are already in Soviet hands. A noose is slowly and steadily being tightened about our throats, and it is already the 11th hour.....

The NASA shuttle launches provided an convenient opportunity for Soviet testing of these superweapons in a launch phase ABM mode, where a launched missile can be detected and destroyed shortly after liftoff. At first, electromagnetic pulse (EMP) bursts on the early shuttle trajectory were deliberately delayed in time, to prevent actual destruction of the target and avoid alerting the U.S. that something unusual was happening.

The shuttle launch of November 26, 1985 saw a particularly significant test of this kind. In this case, a very loud "sonic boom" or explosion occurred over the launch site 12 minutes after shuttle liftoff, when the shuttle was already away and downrange.

At least two previous shuttle launches had also been used as pseudotargets, with delayed booms occurring over the launch site well behind the vehicles...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
its nothing special though. I am pretty sure that the Americans have something like this today. I think that they started it in the 80's when they launched a nuke in the pacific for testing and then an EMP affect was created which reached Hawaii.

The real porblem for today though is that many people are able to create these for about $300 AUD. These are real powerful but have a range of only 20M i think. If someone did this in wall street then America loses money big time.

However the best bit is when they make one powerful enough, maybe something with 3 car batteries, and then they aim at a 747 jet and they make it crash to the ground. They have no evidence of what happened because the plane would only need to overload, you wouldn't need to melt the wiring.

If you would like i can get u some EMP plans. However if anyone does have plans on HERF guns and HPMs i would be very interested. I would also be ineterested if someone has anymore info on EMPs.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No offense, but the source is questionable at best. EMP weapons will be a reality in the future, but the stuff that this page is talking about most likely did not exist in the 80's, much less 1960.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ugh.
i dont doubt that weve got something bigger and better, but i still dont like the idea of a superweapon in the hands of anything russian.
at least were safe; it wont work.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Actually it will work!

The idea was pretty simple at the time. What was required was to either detonate a nuclear bomb in the ionoshpere, this would then create an EMP and knock out all electronics.

Also, almost anyone can make these, You dont have to make nukes but they are faster (in microseconds) but i dont think you would want the effect of a nuke coz they'd be on to you straight away!

Anyway, all you really need to do is wrap a coil wire with a charge going through it in some plastic explosives e.g C4.

The C4 will explode and knock the current off the wire and create an EMP. I dont think this will work though.

My way is to make an oscillator circuit, a voltage tripler circuit and then link them up to an inductor or antennae. And then you let it off and you have created cyber war!

Cool huh?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by revenge
Actually it will work!

The idea was pretty simple at the time. What was required was to either detonate a nuclear bomb in the ionoshpere, this would then create an EMP and knock out all electronics.

Also, almost anyone can make these, You dont have to make nukes but they are faster (in microseconds) but i dont think you would want the effect of a nuke coz they'd be on to you straight away!

Anyway, all you really need to do is wrap a coil wire with a charge going through it in some plastic explosives e.g C4.

The C4 will explode and knock the current off the wire and create an EMP. I dont think this will work though.

My way is to make an oscillator circuit, a voltage tripler circuit and then link them up to an inductor or antennae. And then you let it off and you have created cyber war!

Cool huh?

lol, u didnt just suggest we make one of those did you?

yeah, ino, thas stuff is pretty easy and simple, 400 bux to makk out all our electronics? yeah, but, its russia. theyre more likely to make it really really good and complex, and it wont work. much like their space program. at least that killed dogs!
oh god.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am unclear about Bearden's claims concerning the Soviet Union being so far advanced in this technology than the US --- this absense of clarity I find in this story is not out of national pride but out of logic and reason.

It seems to me that the Soviet Union would not have gone bankrupt had they had this technology.

As we know from our own space initiative and even the "star wars" initiative back in the 80's, there are many not only marketable but highly lucrative off-shoot technologies from such research.

Had the Soviets been deeply involved in this type of research they would have been able to strengthen their financial and social infrastructure with innovative new technologies, and the subsequent international marketing of these technologies.

And even today, their society should be benefiting richly from sales of advanced tech to the world instead of slowly pulling themselves out of the gloom of the soviet's financial ruin..

At this point I am a skeptic with but retain an open mind until I can find the time to drill down on this and form a more solid opinion.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bush a great leader? personaly i wouldnt let the man walk my dog across the street ... his time is over and thank god for the working man... it doesnt matter if the soviets have emp weapons... the crap is going to hit the fan no matter who has what at this point... its great though that your never sarcastic

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Actually, the science behind the EMp is pretty simple.

It will work, believe me. I am a year 10 student who has made one that works, so how can't it be possible for scientists not to make better ones?

Also, there may be a chance that Russia could be more advanced in tech than the US but it might be hiding it from the public.

The government may also be hiding Russia's economics but i doubt how they would be able to do that?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
watcheroftheskies;
actually, I was being sarcastic when I said I am never sarcastic, I don't think Bush is a great leader. Maby I should make my sig. more clear.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
O gawd, the idea behind EMP is very simple like wut revenge was saying, and plus it does matter wut one person has, i mean wut would be the point of having nuclear missiles if their chip will get knocked out in mid air by EMPs?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would bet money that the U.S. has a bigger and better one of these than Russia. This is old technology guys.

P.S. - Revenge, try to quote your sources and not copy them because I've definitely read an article that looks exactly like your post.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Russian EM Superweapon?

I don't know about that but what is described here sounds rather archaic.

The USAF's 1980's "Star Wars" particle beam project called Shiva Star is believed by many observers to have been divided up into 2 parts, one pursuing weapons tech in the "black" (ever seen those bluish-white flashes in the skies over White Sands?)

The "white" side of the Shiva Star program became the world's most potent EMP device, releasing 10 million joules of energy per "shot".

The electro-magnetic pulse that Shiva Star produces is 120,000 volts and 10 million amps for one millionth of a second producing a power flow equivalent to a terrawatt.

Source:
Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy Directorate

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by bios electric]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xMaDHaTTeRx
I would bet money that the U.S. has a bigger and better one of these than Russia. This is old technology guys.

History has shown that Russia tries to outdo the US with sheer size or volume or performance.

Examples run rampant... the 300 megaton weapon they tested a 25% yeild, the largest nuke ever tested.
The Energya heavy lift rocket, the mach 3 MiG-25 Foxbat, the radar on the Migs back in the 1970's was so powerful it cooked birds on the runway, and the list goes on.

The difference however is philoshophical and qualitative.
Example:
while the USSR was developing a nuke that could make the entire northeastern US a crater, the US was working on better guidance systems and even neutron technology that leaves buildings standing and turns the enemy into ashes.

While the USSR had a radar so powerful that it fried sparrows and crows on the runway, the US was working on less potent radars that were not as easily detected by ground stations.

While the USSR was building the fastest "known" interceptor in history, (the A-12 variant not mentioned as it never saw official duty) the US pursued more reliable airframes and avionics and developed weaponry that could take care of a mach 3 interceptor.

If I were to suggest one thing for Russia's future development it would be in one word. Finesse.
Forget about the biggest, fastest, etc. Let quality be your religion.
I could go on but I need to do lunch.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by bios electric]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
It seems to me that the Soviet Union would not have gone bankrupt had they had this technology.

Why would they? If there is one thing Russia is reknown for, it is their morale of work. Their pride in keeping the nation running. Where else could you run a whole army, fully operational, without paying the soldiers their salery for months? Certainly not the USA. You won't find a single American who is willing to work unless he receives money for it. In the rest of the world: Hell yeah. You could even count on being given first aid if you drowned or were ran over by a truck, and noone would even think about sueing the guy who tried to save your life. So money is not an option I guess.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Practical EMP weapons currently exist. I am not sure the grade of a hand held device like a pistol as to functionality but there are other delivery systems.

The US is heavy in this area as I understand it.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios electric
Russian EM Superweapon?

I don't know about that but what is described here sounds rather archaic.

The USAF's 1980's "Star Wars" particle beam project called Shiva Star is believed by many observers to have been divided up into 2 parts, one pursuing weapons tech in the "black" (ever seen those bluish-white flashes in the skies over White Sands?)

The "white" side of the Shiva Star program became the world's most potent EMP device, releasing 10 million joules of energy per "shot".

The electro-magnetic pulse that Shiva Star produces is 120,000 volts and 10 million amps for one millionth of a second producing a power flow equivalent to a terrawatt.

Source:
Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy Directorate

Sounds awfully familiar. Isn't that the current of lightening? So they do have that Tesla devise after all....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Practical EMP weapons currently exist. I am not sure the grade of a hand held device like a pistol as to functionality but there are other delivery systems.

The US is heavy in this area as I understand it.

Small devices, not as small as pistol size, but definitely something a person could put in the passenger seat of their car, could prove highly functional.

Amorymeltzer--A small EMP device that I drew up could be built in a few hours with about 250-300 Amerikan dollars. It's nothing high-tech by any standards, but it is compact in size, you could put it in the passenger seat of anything bigger than a Miata. It's only pushing approximately 108 kilowatts, which is no where near the power of the Shiva Star, but if detonated in the right place, could # some stuff up.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by kaoszero]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by intelgurl

Why would they? If there is one thing Russia is reknown for, it is their morale of work. Their pride in keeping the nation running. Where else could you run a whole army, fully operational, without paying the soldiers their salery for months?
Blessings,
Mikromarius

I don't really get what you're saying here, other than the greedy American's won't work unless for money and Russians have such a high work ethic that they'll work without pay; a statement which regretfully may have some amount of truth to it, but has absolutely nothing to do with the point i was making.

The fact is the Soviet Union did go bankrupt... that's why it is the CIS now.

My contention is that if the Soviets had done heavy research in Tesla type weapons as the original post and link to this thread assert, then there certainly would have been offshoot technologies that would have been lucrative on international markets, thus propelling the USSR to the forefront of the worlds' tech markets instead of falling flat on it's financial face.

Marketable offshoot technologies have been the positive economic result of all the major revolutionary tech/industrial research programs in the last century or more.

Therefore the Tesla tech the Russians may have embraced could have been less robust than claimed.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Bingo Intelgurl,

The Russian Tesla project was called Woodpecker and it was Tesla Tech used for weather and pschycotronics primarily. Then the Russians came up short on money.
Now the US has the largest Tesla weapon known as HAARP and we do alot more with it.

Polar Bear

www.dcn.davis.ca.us...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join