It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) The Creator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It was cold outside, so much so that I had multiple layers of clothes on. I could feel the insides of my nostrils freeze with each small breath. With each step I felt less secure than the previous.
If I could explain, it would be like stepping deeper into the night until all that is left is pitch black. You know the area in front of you is empty of objects, but because you cannot see, the mind starts to play tricks on you.
Now consider that it is daytime and my eyes are open and functioning.
There is a city here with streets and buildings, all of which are completely empty. There are no animals roaming the area and there are no corpses. Just my foot prints in the snow behind me keep me sane and verify that I have indeed moved from place to place. If I were to see footprints in front of me, I don't know if I could follow them or if I would turn and hide.
I stepped slowly into what appeared to be a bar. There was no heat inside, but there was also no wind. I sat down on a stool and imagined there were people around me. The bartender asked me what I was drinking, and I answered, “Just a water please”. There was no water in front of me and I woke from my trance.
I never wondered what it would be like to be truly alone. Not once. I lived a good life, single, but not too many friends. I had a good job with retirement benefits and insurance. I do not know how I got here, to this place and this time. I awoke in a field, perhaps a park not far from here. I was naked and freezing. I quickly found a clothing store and clothes to keep me warm. And with each passing moment I have come to the current situation in which I find myself now in.
I tried to use the phones but not one produced a dial tone. There is no electricity but water does seem to flow from the pipes.
I am trying to stay alive, that is my main focus. My mind however is like an antenna that is not picking up any signals. The thoughts are coming slow and the ideas are all but stalled. To be truly alone, I realize that whatever I do is to never be realized. I could write a story, but who would read it. I could paint a picture, but who would admire it. I could play an instrument, but who would sway to the sound. And my heart aches. It had not ached for a long time. Once when I was younger and a young woman told me we were done it had ached. I had loved her so, but over time the ache stopped.
Now it ached to hear a voice, a companion, a soul who could make me feel, something.
Ah the bar. For a moment I forgot I was here. I walked behind it and fetched some water. It was cold and quenched my thirst. Along time ago, I would have said refreshing.
I prayed for someone to find me, or for me to find someone. Not sure who I was praying to though. I used to believe in god, a higher power you might say. But now there was nothing to distract me, and I hear nothing coming from the divine, the sky, outer space, my brain, or anywhere.
I see the snowflakes fall separately and then land on top of one another. The comfort they must give each other. To melt into one another and then become one. Perhaps everyone else has melted into me. Ha.
I so want to wake from this dream. I want to get up and go to work with people around me. I don't care if they are different, only that they are there. And I will be there for them.

Continued .......

[edit on 13-2-2008 by mtmind]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The Creator Continued.

But alas, dreams and wishes never were good for payment. Hope fades by the second. And I can only guess as to how long a second is anymore. Time comes and goes by the sun.
Knowing that dreams and wishes were of fantasy I went outside and began to create a snow woman. I wiped some tears from my face and placed them upon my creation. I bit my pinky finger and let the blood roll from it onto the snow woman.
Tired, I slumped into the snow and lied down at the base of my new companion. My eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep.
I awoke to a soft wet kiss on my cheek. I was in the bar again, but a woman with bright red lipstick was staring at me. “I found you in the snow out here. I didn't want you to catch a cold so I brought you inside.”

Hope you enjoy
Mtmind

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Lovely.....and sad.

A glimpse at true loneliness.

Regards,

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What a sad story from homelessness and loneliness to possible hopefulness through the eyes of a good 'Samaritan'.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Pretty good. You managed to take the reader there for a moment. I think thats exactly what a human would feel like in that situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice feed back :-)

I like to write, and as I grow older, perhaps I am actually learning something too lol.

Hope to read some more stories

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I enjoyed the hell out of this. I could have kept reading for a long time.
The voice of your narrator is so pure and simple.

To be truly alone, I realize that whatever I do is to never be realized. I could write a story, but who would read it. I could paint a picture, but who would admire it. I could play an instrument, but who would sway to the sound. And my heart aches.

I mean how great is THAT? Talk about capturing the theme of this contest.

I see the snowflakes fall separately and then land on top of one another. The comfort they must give each other. To melt into one another and then become one. Perhaps everyone else has melted into me. Ha.

Sometimes I read lines and get a little jealous that I didn't write them. Very simple and truly beautiful.

Starred and flagged.

Nice work.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Excellent work, my heart is opened. Perhaps we have become a part of each other?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks antar and Essedarius, you have made me smile :-)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
well don mtmind, really enjoyable, sad but with a glimmer of light shining through. Star and flag for you.

mojo

new topics

top topics

join