It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

topics I plan to start... where to start? (ideas / votes please)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OK... I am about ready to throw down a serious topic - full with pretty text formatting, pictures, sources cited, research etc. for ATS. Now I would just like to feel around for which one to start with, and to possibly avoid topics that have already been beaten to death unbeknownst to me. Without further ado, here are the topics I have been considering going into detail with:

Hackintosh: End of the Mac vs PC debate (Science / Tech forum)
the Power of Eye contact (not sure which forum?)
NLP for Self Defense (general conspiracies?)
Manipulation through Advertising (media forum)

I am leaning towards Hackintosh and NLP topics to start with, since they are both the freshest in memory. Figured a consensus would help me decide

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Skunk works is a good forum. It was made to include psychological threads (eyecontact, NLP)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ah, i can reply again.. heh.

so thanks for the tips - I was under the impression that skunk works was only for wild speculation and radical theories. It seems the medical forum should be extended to "mental and physical health"

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree that a Forum on Psychology/Consciousness is needed (been saying this since a long time).

But until its here, I still say skunk works, paranormal or science. Depends on the angle. In skunk works you can propose a theory and have all types of speculation about it. I like skunk works.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Looking forward to your thread on manipulation through advertising as I work in that business

Not that I'm gonna be pinned against you... I know for a fact that we try to manipulate you. But let's save it for the thread

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

heh, i work in that business too

actually, i work in lots of businesses. I'm waiting for someone on ATS one day to be like "wait, didn't you say you did music, but i thought you also were a programmer. now you do advertising too? what about movies?"

yup, got my fingers in all of the pies. The advertising topic will really build off some work by Michael Tsarion, but it will go a bit further into the serious side of everytthing, instead of linking motives to alien bloodlines or cosmic warfare.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll be there for NLP, eye contact and manipulation. I may not have a LOT of knowledge in these areas .. but I do have a lot of interest (and questions). Thanks for asking.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Take your time, and write your stuff out on a word processor. Build it before you post it. That's all I got.

new topics

top topics

join