It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the site change after the next President is elected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm wondering what ATS staff is thinking of doing when the next President is elected for the entire site. I assume there are going to be site wide changes and new rules on etiquette will be introduced. What exactly is ATS thinking about doing?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Nothing is going to change with ATS, ATS has nothing to do with the President of the US.
Bush and his gang will move out of first place, and be replaced by who ever wins/steals the POTUS title.

Edit
Sorry Maverickhunter maybe I miss understood you, I thought you were referring to the US election. Are you are talking about ATS Election?

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

New conspiracies will have to be uncovered, once Bush leaves office, so that the next President can then assume the role as the new dictator, worse than Hitler and Stalin. Of course they'll probably want to try and out do Bush, so we may see a 911x1000.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can only start to worry about what's going to happen with ATS after the election. Okay, so maybe the rules of ATS and the site itself isn't going to change, but, I bet that users comments will be under more scrutiny by mods after the election to prevent a possible disaster scenario for ATS.

Also, what if Barak Obama gets elected? What is going to be done to stop the racial bigotry on ATS that might follow?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Do you normally spend a lot of time thinking of things you should worry about, or do you play it by ear? Why not let things unfold and see how they work out before spending too much time getting ulcers, without any basis.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by BlueRaja]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I guess you're right. I should wait to see how things on ATS unfold. I might even end up being surprised.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was actually referring to the US Presidential elections. I am sorry if I didn't make myself more clear earlier with my original post. I was thinking that the site was going to undergo changes with decorum because of how users may potentially treat other users. That being said, I think that it's still undecided what will happen in the future with ATS, who is to know if ATS will undergo changes or not?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well ATS I think will continue to evolve in its own way on its own; it will not be because of the state of the US political spectrum.

Then again (if) you look at the extreme end of that spectrum i.e. marshal-law. I would take a guess that ATS would move out. As you say, who knows?

Like blueRaja said, it not worth getting ulcers over. :w:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My main worry is that if we get a Democratic President that ATS will have a lot of Neo Conservatives bashing the Democrats policy and it will make a lot of people want to leave.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Dramatically with some people.
There are freaks out there that wish for nothing more than the creak of his crooked spine when he hangs from the gallows.
Thats what they crave, they beg for.. they NEED :w::w:

And I will surely join them in a toast that marks happier days ahead.

I will less frequent this site less when he leaves, because 911,iraq etc etc will become nothing more than private affairs of the corporate few, whom will retire from office and take up existing positions in the corporate world
IE Cheney and KBR

and once Iraq moves from a government action to a corporate programme, well then its all hush hush and hidden from the media view.

I spend 90% of my time here looking for further evidence of curroption, greed and crimes committed by the current administration..
the 0ther 10% is general interest on news articles and BTS topics which at the time, seem interesting.

The bigger question is,
how much will this site change, if bush 'stays' in office for what ever reason?

Will martial law implicate ATS As a terrorist entity?
perhaps something that is manufesting discontent amongst citizens?

Sadly, aTs has lost much of its glare since I first came here under a different name in 03, seems 911 and Iraq lies have become common knowledge.

Just a pitty such good souls amongst this site couldnt do more for the world, than debate.

and to that I bid a farewell.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Look at it this way...

Regardless of who's in the office, ATS will always be changing.

Since it's beginnings, ATS been in a state of Flux from the get go.

This is due to the ever-changing modifications, that WE Members, Mods, Administration have been focussing on within the long last while.

"To NOT change, to NOT progress, to NOT push forward, and claim our right to not only be acknowledged amongst the mainstream, but have a positive global impact...is stagnation.

~Ducky~

top topics

join