It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw 2 meteorites in Finland: 2 fire tailed large balls coming to earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Greetings

The meteorites or parts of satellite were glowing red orange balls. It could be anything actually. I tought that the object was pretty big cause it moved slowly and not very fast so it must be distant if its a meteorite. They were very beautyful and scary looking things, i was seriously scared that i will soon see a huge meteorite trailing the smaller ones. The shower lasted about 30 minutes.

What really pissed me off, is the fact that i could not find ANY shelter information from the Internet. So if there would have been huge meteorite, how in hell would have i know where to go? Wait for the TV to tell me? That was very sickening, i know we have alot of HUGE shelters because this is the capital of Finland. I only know one places location that is in the center of Helsinki, but it would be too far away.

Fax

[edit on 14-2-2008 by FaxMachine]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Did you make any pictures of the thing? Or videotaped it? How lang where you able to see the object?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey guys, I was the one with the Melbourne thread. My friend Christian told me that he and his neighbor lost internet shortly after the event took place. Not sure why the thread was pulled. Thought maybe I did something wrong. Anyway this is what Christian sent me.

I sent a message before of what i could recall, but i don't think you've opened it. I can only give you non tech answers when it comes to Missiles and Rockets, i haven't really seen a lot of them in person. This was a low flying craft probably between 100 and 200 meters from the ground and it sounded like a missile hugging the surface. I heard it first and it was nothing you'd hear in a urban environment..that's what got me up and looking...the fact that it wasn't something I'd recognize in day to day life. Put it this way..a few weeks ago i was listening to and watching FA-18 Hornets for Australia day and this was a lot less of a roar and more of a constant groan across the rooftops and at a steady speed, looked out and it was overcast but i could see what looked like a long siloutte with swept back wings!! I was i action mode once i seen it and not to worried about the details of what could of been the end of a peaceful society. I run to the second window and waited for the flash and burning..but nothing which was a relief!! But i kept my guard up got on the net to make sure you guys in the states knew just in case and then it shut down. But where alright, been getting news from other states across the country, but nothing about what i seen....but we don't hear local stuff in the media hear sometimes until weeks and months after. People around here heard something but kept sleeping or woke up and looked outside and went back to bed.

When it comes to the local media mate, we'll probably hear it from you guys before we hear it from our own.

Missiles don't fly over populated areas around hear, but there are test ranges in the bush all over the country and the bush is always half an hour away from the cities down here. Maybe it was a stray or they got cocky and thought no one would notice. Anyways, where still intacted, so don't be to concerned mate. Sorry if i alarmed you mate, but just be ready for anything. In all the time I've been alive, I've never seen a missile fly over a CBD in Australia...but strange things are happening these days.

I hope if the # does hit the fan you Yanks come and help us again!!! I'll save you a spot in the foxhole that's well dug in!

Later mate

Christian

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The progression of my discussion with Christian

I don't know what the # is going on but a Missile just flew over my house really low. i was waiting for a flash but nothing!!????? it flew from the south of Melbourne, low, heading towards Sydney!!! And it was quiet. The time was 1:41 AM 14th of Febuary. Something might be goin down!! Be careful people, it could of started!!!

Thank for posting that Rob! It's probably coz it's hear say, but i couldn't get on the internet after it and neither could the guy next door so i just heard!!???

You never want to see or hear that over your city!!! And then the internet went down about 45 minutes to an hour after that so i don't know what happened?? And they haven't said anything on the news. If i find out more I'll let you know!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Thanks for the update, not sure what happened to your thread, might be worth you hitting up a moderator in the Weaponry forum and asking why it was pulled.

So from his account it seems plausible this was indeed a missile. He's right on the Aussie media too, we'd most likely hear about something like this elsewhere first lol

I wish your thread was still up so we didn't have to hijack this one and so we can get some updates and keep the discussion going

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This does sound allot like a satellite decay.

Did all the objects follow a similar/the same path? If so, then you can almost certainly discount a meteor/meteors. If an individual object took more than 1 minute to cross the sky, then you can be certain that it was man made. Meteors are faster than satellites, usually by a fairly wide margin.

What is unusual, is that the entire event took 30 minutes. If this is the case, then whatever re-entered must have broken up some time before hand. I've never heard of a satellite doing this personally, but it is possible. My guess would be a self-destruct, and that would lead me to believe that this was a spy-satellite.

Consider the following speculation: During the Cold War, the Russians were trying to match the US in terms of spying power, in a tit-for-tat manner. We know that the US has a spy-satellite that is due to decay soon, so it would be no surprise that the Russians' had put one up at around the same time, and due to the technology being similar, they would be expected to last about the same time. This could also explain why there has been no announcement.

I'm also surprised that no one else has reported this decay. They are visible for hundreds of miles in all directions, so someone else in Europe should have seen this. I'll be keeping an eye out for anything that makes the net.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join