It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Service!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hey folks I am a store manager for... a scout shop. yes, it is a store where you can purchase Boy Scout related things.

I was just wondering, Why do people feel that it is necessary to yell and make a scene if i am out of a product? If you are one of those people that throws a fit any time you dont get what you want at a store or elsewhere, what is to gain?

I love my job but it is so much less enjoyable when i have people yelling at me because they "need it today!". If people are very nice i will do rush orders, overnights even but the mean people dampen my spirits so much i dont want to do anything for them. I am just confused as to why people just think it is okay to yell. Your girlfriend cheats on you= yell. Your pet/friend/parent dies= yell. You break your ___= yell. The Scout Shop doesnt have the badge you need= do not yell.

Maybe that information did not come in the how to be a normal human being handbook. If anyone else works in customer service, feel free to vent here. Everyone else lets hear those opinions.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

for me it would all be in the attitude of the person at the store. i am a firm believer that true customer service is dead. it just does not exist anymore...
patrons used to be treated well but now it's not like that...

did the person bug cause you said sorry sir we are out of this product or did the person bug cause your underling copped an attitude with them?
see what i mean

edit to add*

If people are very nice i will do rush orders, overnights even but the mean people dampen my spirits so much i dont want to do anything for them

^^^^^so you will only do rush orders if they are nice? is that in the managers handbook?
just sayin

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Boondock78]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i absolutely 100% promise that if i am out of something i will say.

"I'm sorry we actually dont have any of those in stock right now. Would you want to order it?"

Mean Customer: "That wont do me any good! I need it for tonight!"
Nice Customer: "Well I needed it tonight how fast can you get it in?"

Response to Mean Customer: "Im really sorry, I can call another scout shop to see if they might have it."

Response to Nice Customer: "I can potentially get it in tomorrow or the next day."

I will say there is a HUGE difference between an Angry customer and a Mean one. if the person is just mad i can pick up on that but sometimes they are just plain mean.

I promise you dude i am a nice guy, and i just want to help people out.

add:

Rush orders cost the store extra money= MY boss asking me why we spent money on a rush order. I have to go out of my way to explain it.

Regular orders 7-10 days = me not having to explain to my boss why we are spending money on rush orders.

I will stick my neck out for nice people. maybe thats not right. but its one way i can assure that nice people get rewarded and rediculous people dont.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by HollowPointPeace]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I thought scouts were suppose to "be prepared" not having stock in the shop isn't living up to the motto now is it.

LBP will be spinning in his grave!

MonKey

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

hey man, fair enough...was just saying
round these parts people forgot what the term customer service means

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree with boon customer service is dead, and buried. However working with people everyday, and having worked at various other customer service related jobs, it is hard to keep a smile on your face. The majority of people are all right, but there are some out there that are just flat out a holes. I worked in a lumber yard, one day I was helping a guy load up some 4x4's and I put one in and he said, "if you think that is going to stay in place you are a f ing idiot", well I could have explained that I was just putting it there until everything else was loaded. But instead I walked away, the yard foreman asked why I wasnt helping the customer, I told him, he walked out, unloaded the guys stuff and told him to get the hell out and never come back again. The guy was an a hole, and there were alot more like him that used to come in. They either had a bad experience or are just angry and looking for someone to take out their anger on. Either way, I used to make it my goal to grit my teeth and try to make them smile, I found it easier to just do my job and let them be bitchy babies then worry about it. It was alot easier on my mental health working with idiot people everyday, that is what you should do, some people are just having a bad day. Try to make them smile, just do what you are paid to do and let life take care of them and their piss poor attitudes.

Monkey, I would blame the parents and not the store, they arent teaching their scouts anything by waiting until the day they need whatever for that night.

Dude just smile and kill them with kindness, if you cant make them happy, take one of those scarves scouts wear and choke them with it. Just make sure you always have one on hand, and you should be fine.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by gunner36]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

That is awesome!!! Yes you are right. The parents/leaders should be prepared. possibly by calling and making sure i have everything in advance. and yes customer service is dead. no matter how well i do i cant change the world. but good post guys. not you monkey. lol jk

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My girlfriend is the supervisor in my local supermarket cafe, and boy does she get some abuse down there; mostly old people that want something new to moan about, but more recently she has been getting more abusive and sometimes even violent customers!

Think we need to face up to the fact that a percentage of the population are out to cause grief, i have said it most of my life; working in any line of employment which involves direct dealing with the public is going to be a chaotic one.

The human individual is almost always a fickle one.

new topics

top topics

join