It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we gonna do? stand around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What really pisses me off...Let's do something people

What pisses me of is why we allow so much to happen as the citizens of the world...the keepers of our world. We allow money the powerful to reign. Why is it that the Walmarts and the Gates etc. have billions of dollars and many people around the world suffer and die daily because they wish to to think they are supreme. ha ha I have more money than you attitude. This is unbelievable to me. To some who question that if I were in those shoes would I help....the answer is yes I would....how much does one person need?? Why is it that if our gov't and gov'ts around the world care so much about us that they charge outragous amounts for medical care to keep us healthy and alive? Why is it that the gov'ts keep the cures for fatal diseases undisclosed? Why do we fight and kill over such petty things as religion and race?? You say they aren't petty....why do you say that? They are petty when you think about the consequences of your actions towards them. I could go on a on about what pisses me off and ask why things are the way they are. My question to all of you is WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? We made this world and keep it thriving so we must make the changes to make it a better place....if our gov't won't do it....then we MUST.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
??????
You just posted the same info here......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I thought I would get more input here....

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by imreallyagrey

What pisses me of is why we allow so much to happen as the citizens of the world...the keepers of our world. We allow money the powerful to reign. Why is it that the Walmarts and the Gates etc. have billions of dollars and many people around the world suffer and die daily because they wish to to think they are supreme. ha ha I have more money than you attitude. This is unbelievable to me. To some who question that if I were in those shoes would I help....the answer is yes I would....how much does one person need?? Why is it that if our gov't and gov'ts around the world care so much about us that they charge outragous amounts for medical care to keep us healthy and alive? Why is it that the gov'ts keep the cures for fatal diseases undisclosed? Why do we fight and kill over such petty things as religion and race?? You say they aren't petty....why do you say that? They are petty when you think about the consequences of your actions towards them. I could go on a on about what pisses me off and ask why things are the way they are. My question to all of you is WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? We made this world and keep it thriving so we must make the changes to make it a better place....if our gov't won't do it....then we MUST.
We aren't going to do anything? What do you suggest we do? Its to bad... but as much as some people would like to do something unless you have a couple hundred million dollars I doubt we can make a difference.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Yessum]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would think that if millions of people did care enough that the money would surely be there....don't you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

you have a problem with capitalism? but your right on the religious thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My question to all of you is WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? We made this world and keep it thriving so we must make the changes to make it a better place....if our gov't won't do it....then we MUST.
Well, there are people who are in power with great wealth that contribute part of their wealth to charities for the less fortunate. I know that Oprah Winfrey, who is now a billionaire, contributes part of her earnings to charities.

The way I understand it, this is just the system that people around the world choose to live their lives by, having money as the basis for transactions and trading of goods and services.

Yes, there are a lot of people less fortunate that do need help. I think that the best thing that we can do is educate ourselves about what is important and what can make a difference in our lives and in the lives of those less fortunate than us.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

My question to all of you is WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? We made this world and keep it thriving so we must make the changes to make it a better place....if our gov't won't do it....then we MUST.
Well, there are people who are in power with great wealth that contribute part of their wealth to charities for the less fortunate. I know that Oprah Winfrey, who is now a billionaire, contributes part of her earnings to charities.

The way I understand it, this is just the system that people around the world choose to live their lives by, having money as the basis for transactions and trading of goods and services.

Yes, there are a lot of people less fortunate that do need help. I think that the best thing that we can do is educate ourselves about what is important and what can make a difference in our lives and in the lives of those less fortunate than us.

Can I just say Whoopidee freakin doo here?
She is a "BILLIONAIRE"... does that concept really sink in to you? How much money does any one person need to have to ensure the health and happiness of themselves and their future generations? Even being extremely generous I would bet that 50 million would have taken care of her family for many generations to come.. but billions?

DOES OPRAH EVEN HAVE KIDS?

How much does a person need before they have enough.. and either defer their payment to charities directly from then on or have a fund set up for needy people to recieve a % of what they would have made that they really don't need?

Money really IS the root of all evil.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'll try to be constructive here.

First of all you must educate yourself on the issues but:

beware, the truth is never easy to find and one person's truth is lies to annother.

When you find the truth, then tell others.

When enough people know then something can be done, without numbers each effort by an individual can be nullified. That is the chance that each person takes that goes against the system.

There is always power in numbers.

Also note that the universe is a system too, it has cycles and it has its own life and existance and that it does what it does regardless the needs and desires of humankind. What I am trying to say is that there is things in the future that we can change and there is things that we cannot. You must understand this or else your efforts will be wasted.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I think that Oprah does not have any known children.

I don't think that money is the root of all evil, but people's own minds. It's what you do with your money that counts.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Bill gates made a " staggering " 200 million dollar donation to Aids foundations.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

To some who question that if I were in those shoes would I help....the answer is yes I would....how much does one person need??

So what have you done? Have you saved anyone from their our choices? We all talk the talk, but do we talk the walk. Paradox, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

To some who question that if I were in those shoes would I help....the answer is yes I would....how much does one person need??

So what have you done? Have you saved anyone from their our choices? We all talk the talk, but do we talk the walk. Paradox, isn't it?

exactly what i was gonna say! if your soo pissed off, then do something about it, or do you need the masses to get yourself motivated? what does this post change, nothing, just get's people like me up your ass. do so and they shall follow, god dammit! do something, then post what you did that made a difference, no matter how small.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
that was the hardest paragraph i have ever had to read.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by NephraTari
I think that Oprah does not have any known children.

I don't think that money is the root of all evil, but people's own minds. It's what you do with your money that counts.

I disagree.
Money has no real purpose.
Why do we need to work for money to pay for things produced by other people working?
If everyone had a job and all things were exchanged freely... no one would ever want... and no one would ever have more than anyone else.

Money was created to enable some people to live "better" than others.

Money is as unnecessary as as an umbrella indoors.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
its very easy, if in todays world you have no money, you will be poor, you will be homeless, and you will be a burden to those with money. money isnt the problem its the people that have it. almost everything i love i need money to do, like go to my photography school and buy all my little camera toys. does it make it any better that i am a locksmith and can live anywhere in the world almost because i have a skill or a trade? money is nothing more than paper. its what it represents. nothing is ever free.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
100,000 people protested the globalists in Genoa. Clearly, they are "doing" something about it. You can start locally however way you see fit. I justed wanted to say Bill Gates plans on giving away his entire fortune by the time he dies.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Posted by: deafence#
exactly what I was gonna say! if your soo pissed off, then do something about it, or do you need the masses to get yourself motivated? what does this post change, nothing, just get's people like me up your (c). do so and they shall follow, god dammit! do something, then post what you did that made a difference, no matter how small.

Here my action for you and everybody in current existance!!!!!!

Posted by: NephraTari
Money has no real purpose.
Why do we need to work for money to pay for things produced by other people working?
If everyone had a job and all things were exchanged freely... no one would ever want... and no one would ever have more than anyone else.

Here-Here.....That is something I totally agree on.
I have said the exact same thing for years to friends, if you know anything about the bible it says "Beware of false Idols". Money is the greatest false idol ever conceived of by man.

Posted by: ihatethisplace
its very easy, if in todays world you have no money, you will be poor, you will be homeless, and you will be a burden to those with money. money isnt the problem its the people that have it. ........................ money is nothing more than paper. its what it represents. nothing is ever free.

If you at least worked nothing would be free it would be earned through actions. Then people could simply do exactly what they really would love to do in life. The advancements that we would have in technology and the knowledge that could be realized would be unbelievable and for the benefit of humanity and its eternity.

Do We really know absolutely 100% that "God" or whoever/whatever is out there, no you cant, where's the proof to totally convince me. Why can't it just be the answer isn't religion as practiced but simlply what each person chooses to do in life that determines the outcome of a possible eternal existence with "God".

Money is just an unnecessary invention that needs to be thrown away and forgotten by all.

To prove my point if everybody on ATS/BTS/ATSNN took every penny they owned and pooled it together with all your incoming paychecks. There would be enough money there to sustain the whole and pursue what makes you happy while at the same time contributing to each other as a community.

Why start wars? If somebody wants to attack and try to kill you defend yourself and community.

Think about that for a few minutes as a whole and what it means who cares what he or she does as long as they or yourself are not hurting or hurting someone else then who cares. You want run a business fine start it that would give the T-shirt maker business happy as well as shippers and bankers it would be a "Cycle of Life"......What more could you want!

new topics

top topics

join