It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to unveil air-powered car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Not seen any other post about this yet.. sorry if I missed it

A french company has developed an Air powered car.

Engineers in France believe they have come up with the answer that environmentalists and economists have spent years searching for: a commercially viable, non-polluting car, which costs next to nothing to run.

Link to BBC story

this is very good news for the planet

peace....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's just an alternative to a battery -- the propulsion system is based on highly compressed air that you must replenish every 130 miles or so.

I'm wondering what safety issues that might have. If you rapture a tank at 300 atm pressure, you got yourself a major bomb gonig off.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
It's just an alternative to a battery -- the propulsion system is based on highly compressed air that you must replenish every 130 miles or so.

I'm wondering what safety issues that might have. If you rapture a tank at 300 atm pressure, you got yourself a major bomb gonig off.

The tanks are made to split in case of hard impact, as the are made of Kevlar to prevent an explosion. The Air Car has been around for some time being developed, but it is finally coming to the market and is mainly for city driving.

I did a lot of research on this over a year ago and it will not make it to the USA because of crash standards/BIG OIL companies. Just like the TATA motors car that gets 47mpg and brand new cost $2,500 in india, of course it has no powering steering or ac or cd player.
Americans cant live without all power windows, power doorlocks, 5 disc cdplayer, built in DVD player and automatic a$$ wiper because they are just to lazy to roll up a window and lock a door themselves.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Americans cant live without all power windows, power doorlocks, 5 disc cdplayer, built in DVD player and automatic a$$ wiper because they are just to lazy to roll up a window and lock a door themselves.

I think this is about to change. There are hard times ahead and people will buy simpler vehicles. If somebody sold me a $2500 car, I would buy it in a heartbeat and roll the windows myself, thank you

new topics

top topics

join