It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Berkeley City Council moderates anti-Marine position

www.cnn.com

BERKELEY, California (CNN) -- The Berkeley City Council voted early Wednesday to rescind a previous vote that said Marine recruiters are "not welcome in this city," but held tight to its anti-war stance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Senators Introduce Semper Fi Act - Transfers Funds From Berkeley To Marine Corp
Marines forced out of Toledo
Berkeley to Marines: You're 'not welcome in our city'

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Seems that financial pressure trumps the sentiments of protest.

Disagreement with military action should star at the top/

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
God, is there anything Liberals won't protest?

One of these jerks called the Marines "the Preisident's own gang of killers" and another one that says Marines have given this country "bad karma"

Don't these Bersereley loonies know why they have a right to protest?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
One of these jerks called the Marines "the Preisident's own gang of killers"

That's a compliment, but Marines are infinitely more disciplined, courageous, and deadly than a bunch of weenie gang members.

The President's own killers would have sufficed.

The Berkeley City Council is a bunch of hoes.

[edit on 2008/2/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You wanna know what get's my blood boiling? Here it is:

Send a kid into harm's way over seas, after training him to kill. He kills and comes back. And gets enprisonment as a reward. I'm talking about the recent story in the press where the Marine sniper was found guilty of murder.

If that's the "discipline" you're talking about then I'd argue what you stated above.

But yet, President Bush makes sure that any one who he is lined up with gets immunity from the laws they've broken under the same pretense; the war on terra. Even if those laws affect citizens of the US.

This kid killed Iraqis for the "good" of the our nation. I say he should get the same immunities as the corporations who spy on U. S. citizens, all in the "same" big picture of Homeland Security.

I really feel for this kid. Atleast while he's incarcerated, he'll get treatment for his war acquired mental disorders, unlike those of his peers that won't.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Murder in a war zone is still murder.

I'm not familiar with the details of the case, but there was enough evidence to support the allegations that he targeted an innocent Iraqi and killed him.

Nowhere did I claim that every Marine is a model Marine. I did not claim that even good Marines make bad decisions.

Marines are humans, who have undergone intesive training in the business of war. We have learned teamwork and developed a dedication to the mission over and above our own personal well-being.

We are United States Marines and we have carried on these tradition since 10 November 1775, despite the actions of a few.

But, we have no problem being called killers.

None of us likes being compared to gang members, but what can you expect from someone who would make such a statement.

Historically, Marines have embraced the negative terms applied to us:

Leathernecks, Gyrenes, Jarheads, Devil Dogs, Grunts, Yellow Legs, Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, etc.

"How does "The President's own Band of Killers" sound.

I think that would look good on a poster.

[edit on 2008/2/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Are the Berkeley City Council sentiments a precursor to what we can expect nation wide from anti-military Clinton/Obama Administration?

new topics

top topics

join