It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Triples gas guzzlers fee to near $50.00 to enter London.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

London Triples gas guzzlers fee to near $50.00 to enter London.

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON - Drivers of gas-guzzling cars will have to pay nearly $50 a day to enter central London, triple the current charge, while the most fuel-efficient vehicles will get a free ride, the mayor said Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Those of you over the pond will feel the pinch on this action. 50 dolllars per day seems high to me. What about the folks that can't afford newer feuel effecient cars? NYC is trying the same things...I think the cost will be 8-10 dollars per day to enter Manhattan.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm torn on this issue, Im not overly sold on global warming in the terms that the Gore inspired fascists pursue it, and believe a lot (if not all) of our climate change is not man inspired, however I do support "tangible" here and now efforts to preserve the enviroment (retaining the rain forest, reducing pollution in cities) etc.

Undoutedly reducing congestion in cities is a good idea, but what nags at me is that this money , THIS TAX, will not be used for the environment or for any real Good, it will just end up getting wasted in the hideous Red Ken beauracracy, cronyism and funding "diversity officers"- it will be basically p***ed up the wall

new topics

join