It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Ghost Video - UK News program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The guy who shot the video is interviewed on a link on the page, he thinks its a Roman soldier - looks more like a cavalier to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Even though this dates back to October 2007, I don't think I have seen it on this site before.

Some interesting notes. The guy was quoted as saying "I have had a camera a long time and done an awful lot of photography and I have never had flare on the lens before." Emphasis mine. This struck me as odd for some reason. Every professional photographer I know has to deal with flares. It happens. Also, in the comments section, was this.

Roman ghost baffles club
I noticed at 10 seconds into the video the camera location changed. As the joggers "ran through" the apparition they entered sunlight at that exact time. Looks like the "ghost" was right at the edge of shadow and sunlight. Reflected light from the trees? It doesn't explain however that there was no shadow on the figure, but it could explain the fading in and out, possibly clouds floating by? Cool phenomenon at any rate.

Now, I am by no means a video expert, but I tried watching the video in full screen mode, and the resulting distortion was rather strange. The video artifact seemed to be a different level of compression, or closer or farther to camera (like something on lens) or something, but did not seem to be present on path when viewed this way. The movement appears to be branches blowing in the background of the tree canopy. I personally do not think this is a video of a ghost, but rather a trick of lighting or something.

What I also think is interesting is he said he captured pictures while walking, using a video camera. This would mean he would have to have visually seen the "ghost" to take the video, holding it on location during the entire clip. Two runners go by, and they obviously did not see the "ghost". As such, I have come to the conclusion, based on camera movement, and the optical effects when zoomed up, that this was just a trick of the lighting from the trees in the background. After reading the interview the photographer, I believe he is intentionally not telling the truth, which I hate to say, would mean a purposeful hoax.

Anyway, I hope that all makes sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't necessarily believe its a trick of light, more of just a good ol' fashion hoax.

The detail is too 'good' for it to be a trick of light IMO.

As you mentioned, the location of the video that was shot sort of puts in motion for something 'known' rather than something not seen.

I find it peculiar that the video (from what was shown) doesn't show past the approaching joggers. Once they make contact with the apparition the video seems to stop, rather than show the 'ghost' disappearing.

The fact that it is an elderly gentleman with the footage sort of makes it more believable in a sense that you would not expect any deception.

I am thinking along the lines of 'superimposed' or some type of process (no video tech here,lol) in which the image was added after the fact.

Holograms come to mind but not sure on the possibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good story.

It certainly looks interesting, but the area looks like a park, and why a roman would have reason to return to this plane to walk along a footpath is beyond me.

The picture in the story isn't very clear however, so it's hard to tell if it really does look like a roman soldier.

I do see a slight resemblance to a centurion though.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Qayin]

new topics

top topics

join