OP/ED: 1971 Photo of Kerry Doctored

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When opponents of the Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry began e-mailing Light's picture to one another four days ago, it depicted Fonda standing by Kerry's side. Had this photo been doctored? Evidence suggests so.

"I'm horrified," said Light, 52, who grew up in East Meadow and now heads the graduate photojournalism program at the University of California at Berkeley. "I think this kind of alteration is probably one of the scariest forms of trickery, particularly when it's done against a political candidate."

So, who doctored the photo of kerry, i think we all know exactly where to prod our fingers, Karl Roves crew of expert manipulators and push pollers, the same people who brought you the racial slurs in georgia and the illegitimate babies in south carolina.

Or is it an altogether more sinister plot by his own side designed to knock him off the top, Clinton took major hits from the monica lewinsky impeachment scarring his reputation forever.

www.newsday.com...

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Prepare for the latest Republican knee jerk defense: Hillary did it.

If she was capable of half the things she's continuously accused of, she's hands down the most effective and powerful leader in history, and only as a junior Senator!

But that's dirty pool on Kerry, and obviously a Republisham. Too bad that pic will circulate for years now, forever I suppose. Still waiting for the pic of Kerry standing beside his so called lover in Africa.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Har. I doubt it was doctored.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No definately a fake!

You got to wonder,with two clear candidates for president now and almost 10 months to go before the election,just how dirty is this going to get.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yip, I see it's being widely accepted as fake. Pretty low stuff. This kind of manipulation is one the worst kind, as people still tend to stick to old adage "the camera never lies" even in the Photoshop age.

The Independent had a good intro line to the story:

Everyone knows the saying that the camera never lies. What is less well-known is that the man who coined the phrase, almost a century ago, added a rider. "While photographs may not lie," the great American documentary photographer Lewis Hine said, "liars may photograph".

join