It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassinating Sadamm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Plz Reply: Need opinions why it would be stupid or not logically to assassinate Sadamm Hussein and replace leader and new government?

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Assassinations do two things....makes the Assassinating country untrust worthy, and throws the country whose leader was assassined, into chaos.

Killing saddam by clandestine means would only have a more wretched leader step up. Look at some of those really ruined African Nations, no hope in democracy if you are assassinating leaders left and right.

Two, if we were to Assassinate Saddam then it would have to be legal to assassinate any world leader if they are not just or some crap. That would cause total world instability.

Imagine America trying to be a democracy if Russia or China or Brittain would put billions of dollars of effort into blowing away ever president we have, until our democracy collapsed.

The world would become super-elite terrorist cells, bent on killing world leaders with the protection of a government, like privateers versus piracy. And the world would be easily dominated by dictatorships.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
an interesting question then becomes, what ~is~ acceptable. the CIA has pretty much been given a green light to kill him. to me this essentially the same as assassination.

- qo.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:56 AM
link   
assassinating Saddam would not bring a new government and a stable democracy to the country any more than assassinating Bush (I got champagne in the fridge for that day) would turn the US into a medieval dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lupe's got a point. And while I might be grateful to have Shrub gone from office, I don't think I'd feel any particular gratitude toward Osama (for example) for eliminating him and I don't think I'd feel particularly compelled to start living under a Muslim theocracy.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So if we did assassinate Sadamm, who takes his place? Exactly, we don't know! At least with Sadamm in place we know what we are dealing with..The next person we are not to sure. Perhaps someone more eager to use WMD on the U.S. and wouldn't think twice about putting them in terrorists hands.

Fear of the Unknown, is most likely the reason why he will not be assassinated by U.S. hands

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would thing the U.S. would put a friendly government in.Iraq would not fall into the hands of terroists,and I find it unlikely you will find someone worse than Saddam.

[Edited on 11-17-02 by nyeff]

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well - I don't favor an outright assassination I think we should capture him and put him on trial (mil. tribunal, heck - even the ICC court) then hang the bastard in the gallows. However, if there is a GW II capturing Saddam as soon as possible might save many lives. I hope there is some sort of special forces group that has such a task assigned to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 03:13 AM
link   
put him on trial and then hang him.
hmmmmmm doesn't sound like a very fair trial.

out of interest Bob. what are you going to put him on trial for and what crime is it he has commited that you believe requires the death penalty?

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You have champagne in the fridge for the day Bush is assassinated, and you can't think of anything Hussein has done that would call out for a hanging?

You are a truly sick little creature, aren't you? Yes. Yes you are.

Do you think slaughtering over 100,000 Kurds, men women and children, with chemical weapons isn't enough reason for the universe to feel satisfied when Hussein twists at the end of a rope?

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 06:06 AM
link   
1: I'd like to see Bush extinguished because I feel he is more of a threat to global peace than Saddam
2: I would also like to see Saddam deleted , I don't like the guy, however the statement that we would put him on trial and then hang him suggests that the guilty verdict has allready been placed on his head, I find this indicitive of how we are persuing global peace keeping at present, I feel that its a dangerous philosophy to adopt.
3: I never said I couldn't think of a crime he had committed that might be worth the death penalty I asked Bob what crime he thought Saddam had commited.

There are a worrying number of bug bears being generated at present who's crime seems to be that they are "evil"

He killed a lot of people? yes but if we were to kill any global leader who did this in the name of their political stance we'd have to kill a lot of world leaders.

Saddam claims not to pose a threat, so far we haven't managed to prove that he does any more, so, other than him being "evil" what crime are we attacking him for?

new topics

top topics

join