It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can build a REAL barrier on the border without walls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
We must remember that we are living in the here and now. These are modern times, and we have plenty of money in the defense budget for a few years to re-allocate towards the border.

¹As many as 3500 towers are built in a single year in the US. ²It can cost as much as $1,000,000 to build a cell phone tower. With approximately ³1,952 miles (3,141 km) along the border, we may only need one every mile for effective security. Surely we can split this into a five year project meeting on time.

They can be mounted with powerful motion detection and long range high resolution live cameras. A 12 foot high razor wired, electrified fence with short range anti-personnel mines could protect the perimeter around the tower. []bThe spy blimps that are on order for the Defense Department are exceptionally superior to provide ground intel as it is received from a tower in order to anticipate the response. Depending on the threat level, or emergency, modified predator drones would be able to dispatch to the scene of activity either with tranquilizers or medical supplies until a relay team can engage on the ground for further processing.

The only thing the core services needs to do is have a draw a designated number of new recruits, match them up from a designated number of existing enlisted soldiers out of every base to erect a series of these UnmannedLandPatrolStations

So who here believes they can assist me in drafting this legislation and getting it on the petition? Any attorneys here that understand how the language of the bill would have to be drafted before submission on the House/Senate floor? I would love nothing more than having a full construction of the bill done cooperatively right here through ATS.

WE CAN DO THIS!!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Personally I don't think anything can replace having live patrols, both National Gaurd and Milittary on our borders to monitor our security. As good as technology is , it can't replace human intution @the border.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well we are not getting rid of them. But we need to have an alert system so they can quickly redirect, and the predator drones will help ease the threat. Gun, drug, and human traffickers cannot hurt or kill our men and women on the border if they are all asleep when we pick them up.

I never planned on replacing our people on the ground, but manning every mile of the border in frontier land is much more costly then erecting these patrol towers.

The total cost would be like less than 2% of one entire year of our defense budget, spread over five years.

join