It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mind controlling drugs!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
People also take pills because they have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Granted, some "depressed" people are just lazy. But there is real depression.

Is that just created by our society? So many layers of "stuff" that depression is caused. Then the cure? Drugs....

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Is that just created by our society? So many layers of "stuff" that depression is caused. Then the cure? Drugs....

i really feel that ADD and ADHD were created by society... i think there is nothing wrong with kids being hyper and unattentful.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Cmdnrkeenkid: yeah, that probably does. even with more than just chickens too i bet. i mean, everyone knows it's already in vegetables and stuff... pesticides and everything i mean.

I agree, plus the fact that there are chemicals used in the soils of growing fruit and vegetables, e.g. ammonium and all that scientific stuff which I am technically unfamiliar with.

Also adding to the points about population control and 3rd world countries this is a very good point. These preservatives and additives which are used in food in capitalistic western countries like the US and Australia degrade our health through our people eating the food, and thus culling the population. In 3rd world countries their culture does not want to adapt to modern fast food and instant microwave meals plus they don't have the money or facilities to import or produce them locally in their countries, thus the US government invents other methods of culling such as AIDS. A conspiracy which I believe to be highly possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i used to be a pill popper, then addicted to pain killers, then REALLY addicted (taking 6 every half hour). then i changed, my pesonality, everything. the drugs, over the counter, even when taken in the prescribed amount (2 every 4 to 6 hours) change you. i made the harsh realization that every kid in america, before the age of 15, probably has a giant bottle of pills in their room. if not 5 bottles, in every room (like me). whether or not the government is putting out mind controlling pills is almost irrelevant...WE, the conumers are letting them controllling our minds, or at least letting a pill do it for us.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
One word...

'Scopalamine', if anyone can find any information about this drug, good luck... But heard from people that it does wonderful things to the mind in terms of memory suppressing/control.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't think it's about mind control as much as it's about making you addicted.

It's a common way for drug companies to make big profits indefinitely.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
People also take pills because they have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Granted, some "depressed" people are just lazy. But there is real depression.

maybe I'm lazy and weak, but since we hit on the right combination of medications, I no longer cut myself compulsively, I don't want to kill myself, I feel better. (better as in, I can get out of bed, not better as in happy.) being on these drugs gives me a shot at a productive life. fifty years ago, I probably would have been instutionalized for much of my life. don't doubt that clinical depression is truly a mental illness (and clinical/major depression, aka dysthymia, is distinct from common depression), and as overused and maligned as psychotropic drugs are, they do have legitimate uses.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
'___' was used in Vietnam by the American gov in order to make the soldiers crazy enough to dare walking around in those jungles. Unfortunately, when they came back home, many of them were pierced for life. '___' or knowledge about the drug was also one of the greatest reasons the Catholic Church survived the Dark Ages. From time to time Saint Anthony's Fire still move through some communities of the world. The symptoms are quite shocking. The patient often feels like he is on fire. More than a few killed themselves by drowning and by throwing themselves into wells etc. Some stuck out their eyes and teared off their own skin. In a later phase of the disease, whole body parts may fall off. The Church knew what caused it, but they kept quiet, for they saw it like the fulfillment of Hell, and the ones who were in it should stay there or something. But after a while they opened some monastaries where the patients were treated with clean bread basically. This gave the Church a star in the book with many people who saw them as their salvation. If the Church had rather right away told what caused it and destroyed all the contaminated breads and flour, I would have respected them, but to use this epidemic to substanciate the praying uppon saints, and then especially saint Anthony is a hateful and cunning act which unfortunately isn't the only example of Catholic fascism.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
'___' or knowledge about the drug was also one of the greatest reasons the Catholic Church survived the Dark Ages. From time to time Saint Anthony's Fire still move through some communities of the world. The symptoms are quite shocking. The patient often feels like he is on fire. More than a few killed themselves by drowning and by throwing themselves into wells etc. Some stuck out their eyes and teared off their own skin. In a later phase of the disease, whole body parts may fall off. The Church knew what caused it, but they kept quiet, for they saw it like the fulfillment of Hell, and the ones who were in it should stay there or something.

are you suggesting that lsd caused these symptoms?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hamilton, this is the first time that I REALLY don't agree with you. Lead poisining was much easier to happen than anything concocted by alchemy. The term " Mad as a hatter" came about because of LEAD poisining. It drove them mad.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is a wellknown fact that what was refered to as saint Anthony's Fire was ergotism. It is caused by a fungus which comes on rye mostly, the same fongus which '___' 25 was isolated from. The lysergic acid '___' is the agent which cause hallucinations in this fongus. Google it up. You don't have to theorise about this. It is a well known fact. Lead poisoning was used in the treatment of syphilis among other things (sic). You can bet that most of the holy monks and priests and popes whose bodies didn't rot uppon death had been treated for some kind of disease with lead. Lead has this effect that it preserves the flesh.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
are you suggesting that lsd caused these symptoms?

Not just '___'. '___' is just one of the agents of this fongus. pubs.acs.org... explains it quite simple. Google it up.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
It is a wellknown fact that what was refered to as saint Anthony's Fire was ergotism. It is caused by a fungus which comes on rye mostly, the same fongus which '___' 25 was isolated from. The lysergic acid '___' is the agent which cause hallucinations in this fongus. Google it up. You don't have to theorise about this. It is a well known fact.

this is true. but, '___' doesn't have negative effects all of the time. some people use it regularly with no ill effects, but some people land up frying their brain or jumping out of windows. luck of the draw depending on the exact formulation of the '___' and individual brain chemistry, I guess.

what I don't quite get is how the church supposedly knew what was causing St. Elmo's Fire. the catholic church was very powerful, but they were hardly scientific dynamos. do you have a link about the church's knowledge of this? I'm curious how they figured out the connection.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join