It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did they not think we saw this ??? well we did...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
im not sure what the heck he is seeing but i think this is it . it could be just about anything [rock] but it clooks like a sign post too or r2-d2 or something else entirely. we will only know if they send spirit in for a closer look well i enhanced a pic but i do not know how to post it any help would be nice

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Just a rock, dude. Now if you had any mars rover photo's with Chris Rock in them, then i would say.....Hey thats a freaky Mars rock photo. BTW....love the dude photo....i took in a stray dog years ago when i lived in Greece and named him Dude after that character...he was as rough and shaggy as that pic.....pmsl. maybe we should give this mysterious rock on mars a tiltle.....The Lebowski Monolith....What do you guys think.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2

How many other rocks do you see like that? look closely see the handle on the top, the narrow base at the bottom makes it looks like a hatch lid. Just copy paste into word zoom to 500% and look at the hinges.

Ahhh, so thats what happens to all that lost British Airways luggage!

Mikey

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think this site may have officially jumped the shark.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
ok so the OP is clutching at straws , but why all the star wars BS.

If you cant contribute in a constructive fashion or at least bring something new to the table then leave the star wars BS at the door.

I personal think its just a rock formation. if you observe the surrounding terrain then this becomes obvious .

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
Say, friend - you got any more of that good sarsaparilla?

Nope..

Only a certified six pack of Malaysian Sarsaparilla soda cans!

They're mighty good .. for you?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I think that thing in the background is only a rock.

See this image and you will see that this is a rock.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

Absolutely, Nice Find! Just do as he said, copy and paste to word and zoom 500% and look at the fuzzy area above this hatch and you will see a face in the picture. Look closely.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Although I believe these are just rocks, what's interesting is the smaller square looking rock to the left of the R2 looking rock. This small square rock has two holes clearly visible when zoomed in. This small rock also appears to be part of the R2 rock because it looks similar in texture and shading. Oh well, its probably nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hmm and what is this?

original pict 12mb (!)
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

what i found is this parly hidden snake face like feature;

please click on the broken pict. it will load on imageshack

[edit on 13-2-2008 by ThemacX]

[edit on 13-2-2008 by ThemacX]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The object looks like one rock propped up on another. It does not look that unusual. However, the rock in the middle that looks like it has holes in it is pretty interesting. There is also another rock or group of rocks in the left background that gives the impression of a humanoid peeking a look at the rover. Pretty interesting, but we really need a picture from up close. Still an interesting find.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the reason started with the Star Wars jokes was because no one knew what the OP was saying – Just read the first post.

Eventually after working it out and someone else showing the picture, we could see it, but by then it was too late, everyone ran with R2.
To me, it looks like 2 rocks leaning against each other. Could be Natural.

Mikey

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoovy
The object looks like one rock propped up on another. It does not look that unusual. However, the rock in the middle that looks like it has holes in it is pretty interesting. There is also another rock or group of rocks in the left background that gives the impression of a humanoid peeking a look at the rover. Pretty interesting, but we really need a picture from up close. Still an interesting find.

I was talking about the one in the middle the one with the hole as you putt it, it reminds me if those inca depictions. too bad there is a rock standing infront of it covering the otherside but from what i can see it sure looks semetric . I'm pretty sure it a whole 'face'.. I just found it so I need to investigate more.. please help :-) DL the full image locate the spot you'll also notice that the location is in a squered off part of the picture. I wonder why that is..

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Cool pic.

At a glance... yes it does resemble signage.

I would lean more towards the 'hatch' theory someone mentioned.... that is only if it was UNEXPLAINABLE.

Unfortunately, it can be explained away to being something of the norm, thus all other comments are posed as unvalid.

Whats needed is un-refutable proof of something being on mars that shouldn't be there. As yet, everything has been explained away, even if sometimes in a flimsy nature.

As for the pic in question, I see what most see... just a rock slab resting on the back of another.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Please follow the links for the pictures (if some one could post them on the forum great!)

where to find it:

img227.imageshack.us...

what too look for:

img227.imageshack.us...

what it could look like if in full view:

img155.imageshack.us...

now is this natural or not? if not....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Dude, what are you going on about?
There isn't anything noteworthy there.
Least, nothing that I can see.
So what's all the hub-bub about?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThemacX

Sorry man, I don't see anything there either.

And even if there were, do you think NASA would honestly leak those photos?
With all of the public scrutiny over the last few years, I'd say the chances are highly unlikely.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Alright, who was the wise guy that put that rock up there?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm wondering why all these photos are Black and White!! I know that the camera takes images in color... maybe they're realizing that we know the "real" color of mars by now and instead they're going to post BW photos to try to keep us confused about the colors.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

did they not think we saw this ??? well we did...

I still don't see it! Op can you please elaborate on this and explain exactly what it is that you see?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join