It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Cop assaults 14yr. old Skater

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is ridiculous; granted we didn't see the lead-up to this stylishly dressed rubenesque arm of the law blowing his top BUT, a skateboard wielding 14yr. old does NOT warrant this type of (over) reaction.

What amazes me is that at the end of the video the cop acknowledges that he is being videotaped and it doesn't seem to phase him in the least.

Being beat up in high school and getting ones rocks off by manhandling children should not be a pre-requisite for getting a badge and a gun.

The shorts are pretty sexy though.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Apparently they've reprimanded this officer:

openearseyes.blogspot.com...

A 17-year veteran of the Baltimore police force has been suspended with pay pending an internal investigation of his actions involving a 14-year-old skateboarder at Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

The last line of this raised my eyebrows a bit, just think if we didn't have YouTube:

"I called to file a complaint but was told the supervisor was on vacation and would call me when he returned. He never did," Eric's mother, Peggy Miller, said.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That cop is just mad because he drives a weenie car. I hope that cop gets fired for hating kids. I work with kids, and I see too much of that kind of attitude around them. It makes me angry. Old people being rude and mean to kids and thinking they are entitled. It doesn't work that way. Kids are awesome, you just have to know how to have fun to talk to them.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As you say,we have no idea what happened before the camera started rolling, and it did seem a bit excessive,but i wish he was a British cop
handing out his brand of "justice"to some of the yobs who hang around our streets.

I am sure you will agree,that many youngsters nowadays,are way to confident and believe that they are above the law and have little respect for the authorities or their parents.

When i was a kid,i would have been terrified at the thought of having a run in with the police,in case my father found out.

For all we know,this kid may have dished out a mouthful of abuse prior to the filming beginning,but if not,then the officers reaction was definately bang out of order.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

The kid could have potentially called this guy every name in the book and then had some more words for his dear old mum, still wouldn't give the cop the right (under our laws) to do anything.

I agree with your sentiment about rowdy kids, but if you've ever set foot in Ball-mer
you'd know that just over that cops shoulder, only a few blocks back past those tall buildings there are some really bad parts of town that this guy SHOULD have been patrolling instead of harassing scrawny 14yr. olds who haven't robbed, killed, or sold drugs to anyone.

All this kid is gonna learn is that

1.) Cops suck.

2.) Don't respect a badge, because it doesn't respect you.

3.) Always carry a camcorder.

I'm not implying that all cops suck or that a badge should not be respected, but this
officer has just done a great disservice in having these kids take ANY officer of the law seriously in the future.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good.

This cop should've shot this kid to death and should've arrested him and sent him to jail.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That cop was pathetic. Threatening and throwing around a kid half his size? The kid was clearly not being aggressive at all. It doesn't matter if the kid called him a fat excuse for a pig, he has his freedom of speech and if the cop "smacks him upside the head" than he will get fired and sued.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
First That kid can say whatever the hell he wants short of threatening the officer and the officer can't do a damn thing about it, Its called free speech.

Second nothing that kid did warranted that treatment, if it did he would have been arrested.

Third that officer was out of line in more ways then one, A badge doesn't get you respect, Being a cop doesn't get you respect, nor does it give you the authority to tread on other peoples liberty, interrupt the day or be an asshole as this cop was..

Cops are supposed to enforce the law, not create criminals out of smart mouth kids, or verbally insult that kid multiple times over this officers personal views of morals.. and respect.

This officer needs to be fired hes not enforcing the law, hes enforcing his personal opinions.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Please tell me you're joking.

'Cuz it's late, I'm getting tired and really don't feel like arguing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1

What amazes me is that at the end of the video the cop acknowledges that he is being videotaped and it doesn't seem to phase him in the least.

Actually form what I gathered he said something to the effect of

"is that camera on? If I find myself...."

I'm sure that line ended with youtube...
lol

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

One more thing;

I don't believe you can arrest a corpse.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dude, That cop totally sucks. I'm surprised he didnt taser the kid after he called him dude for the third time. Shame what this country is coming too. Bad cop, No doughnut

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wow what a PIG. i don't even know what else to say. except maybe "battery charges"? the PIG did throw that kid on the ground right?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
did the kid get his skate board back or did the cops kid get it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of my "first time"

I was 15 and roaming around the local woods with a pair of my friends. WEe came out on the front lot of the local American Legion, and as we're crossing through, this half0drunk cop comes charging out yelling at us. My buddies book it, I stand there looking dumb, and next thing I know this cops's dragging me by my arm going on about how disrespectful I am, how I'm trespassing, and he's going to send me to juvie. He hauled me into the AL, shoved me into a bar stool, gave me the same interrogation - "What's your name? Where do you live?!" thing, then demanded I "call my mommy" so he could round her out, too.

Well, I was half crazy scared of this dude (dude... duuuuude!) but like a laser beam, inspiration hit. I dialed the number, and handed him hte phone, and he went off.

Right into the ear of my uncle, the attorney.

I have never seen gin blossoms whiten out so quick as on that cop

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What a dirtbag!

They really need to beef up their psych testing before they give these guys a badge and a gun.

This guy should be in a straitjacket, not a police uniform...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What is really sad is the public servant, I mean officer get a paid vacation out of it.

I would be screwing up all the time if I got paid suspensions for doing things wrong.

What a joke.

People will excuse them until it becomes personal.

Not all are bad, but the bad ones need to be persecuted in the courts for their violations.

Once again, I have found something on here that angers me enough to silence myself before my blood pressure rises too much and my language turns distasteful.

What a shame.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Here is how a cop is SUPPOSED to act, IF he is a professional. What a difference that would make to our entire nation. I am PROUD of THIS cop in this video, but he is one in a million for sure. 99% of all other cop's are idiots. Enjoy seeing freedom of speech in action!!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Way to assault a defenseless kid there Officer Ravioli.
And that's just what it is, assault. You don't get to throw someone to the ground and steal their property just because they didn't come groveling and lick your boots quick enough to please you. It's this jack ass pig that needs a boot in the rear.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join