It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Banks Shot Thomas Jefferson in the back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Last year, ONE MILLION Americans lost their homes to foreclosure. This year, the number is expected to skyrocket. See this link:
ezinearticles.com...

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

The private banks (The Federal Reserve) have precipitated this. Not only is it destroying American homes and families and our economy, it will bring down the entire global economy.

Are we going to continue to allow this to happen, or do you believe Thomas Jefferson was wrong? You know where I stand. What about you? If you agree with me, what do you think we should do about it?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, Thomas Jefferson and Adam Smith are on the same page, right?

So, perhaps TJ missed something that could prevent what's happening today? I've no idea, we both don't know the plan of what the politicans are doing.

Just sit back and let the time slide by, I'm sure everything'll be fine in future. It's like up and down.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Ah, yes, These are the times that try men's souls.
A very stoic attitude to take.
I do believe that Ron Paul was right about the Fed. I believe that Greenspan and
Bernacke greased the skids for this crisis, and if one were suspicious, I might say that they did this to drive the market down, to a point where they and their cohorts could then step in and buy cheap. In the stock market, it's called manipulating the market, and it's illegal. In banking, it's called ... well, I can't say that here, or it would be censored.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think that I posted this thread about 6 months too early. Six months ago, I stated in this post that:

Not only is it destroying American homes and families and our economy, it will bring down the entire global economy.

It has come to pass.......

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
They have not only shot TJ in the back, they have shot us right in the face, and we watched them walk up and do it, and we didn't even duck.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Actually its more like Jefferson's corpse being shot.

He died in 1929 at the hands of John Pierpoint Morgan.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct. The frustrating thing is that if I could see it, why didn't all of the economic "experts" see it? Maybe six months ago, they might have been able to mitigate the problem somewhat. It makes you wonder how much of an "expert" these clowns really are. Either that, or the worse alternative: they KNEW where we were heading, and they PURPOSELY let it happen.
Today, and yesterday, the market is going up wildly, like a drunk who celebrates by going out and getting drunk again. If I were an investor, I wouldn't fall for this drunken binge on Wall Street. I'm afraid that we have a long way down before this washes out.

It is interesting to note that they have placed restrictions on Financial Stocks until October 2nd, forbidding them from being sold short. In plain English, what those restrictions are saying is "You can buy and sell the stock, but you are NOT allowed to say (or act) like those stocks can go down. You can bet on the Cubs vs. Milwaukee game today, but you can only bet on the Cubs (no offense to either team.). Again, they are controlling the market, to force it up. Watch what happens after October 2nd passes. There will be a lot of people hurt by this action.

The game of manipulation of the market continues. The average "Joe" doesn't stand a chance. You might as well go to a slot machine and throw in quarters. You have a better chance of winning there, and we all know that those machines are set so that, in the long run, the house wins and you lose.

My advice? Take some of your money and go out and buy things like non-perishable groceries at the lowest price you can find. At least you'll be able to eat for awhile, when the big hurt comes down on us.

No, I'm not a survivalist, but a realist. Things are going to get much worse, and I take absolutely no comfort in saying that. I love this country, but the crooks are in control, and regardless of who wins, they'll still be in control.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As previously mentioned in above posts, bankers have not just shot TJ in the back, they've taken a pop at all of us, and for what? They were willing to put people homes, and the nations economy, at risk for bonuses and increased share prices.

It amazes me that if these banks make a profit then their leaders get to keep it, but if they make a loss then the nation has to pay for it, how is that allowed? $85 billion pumped into AIG. Were did that $85 billion come from? Ultimately, it came out of our pockets, because the governments money is our tax money. And what did the bankers do when they got bailed out? Instantly jacked up the prices of shares again, proving they haven't learnt their lesson.

The banking system needs to be re-assessed. People put their money in banks for safe keeping so it should be against the law for banks to then go and use that very same money to gamble in the financial markets. I didn't say you could gamble with it, I didn't ask you to gamble with it, so leave it alone. The safest place for your money right now is under your mattress, at least you know it's there and what it's up to.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The banking system needs to be re-assessed. People put their money in banks for safe keeping so it should be against the law for banks to then go and use that very same money to gamble in the financial markets. I didn't say you could gamble with it, I didn't ask you to gamble with it, so leave it alone. The safest place for your money right now is under your mattress, at least you know it's there and what it's up to.

I certainly agree with you about the banks gambling with your money. Imagine going to the track, and betting $100 on a horse at 20-1, and it wins and you make $2,000.00 OK, now imagine only putting up $10 for that $100 bet, and if it wins, you make $2,000.00 but if you lose, you only lose $10. You would be a fool not to, right? Well, essentially that is EXACTLY what the regulatory agencies have allowed the speculators do, namely be speculating on margins, rather than the entire principal. Congress could have voted in August to eliminate this practice, but they chose instead to go on vacation, and do NOTHING.

As for the money under the mattress, it is probably better than letting them have it, but I have a concern for you. While your money sits under your mattress, you will notice that the lump in the mattress is getting smaller and smaller, because the Fed is shrinking its value, every time they take action. I would take some of that money, as I stated earlier, and buy some staples that you need to live. They will only continue to go up in price, while your dollar shrinks.

new topics

top topics

join