It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday - the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just watched this preview on the quicktime site,

www.apple.com...

Judging from the beginning it looks like it might be a sequal to 28 weeks later. Then I noticed it listed the years starting at 2008 then jumping to 2033. Obviously this is 25 years later and would not fit in with the "28", not to mention the logical sequal would be 28 months later.

Either way it looks to be a "Zombie/Mad Max/disease breakout" post apocolyptic movie.

I'm not too sure what to think, myself. It looks like it might have potential, but I don't think I will get my hopes up.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Looks interesting. Post-apocalyptic themes, I'm a real sucker for. I'm with you MS in not getting my hopes up. I thought "Children of Men" was surprisingly good. Not a true post apoc though.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Interesting indeed....

The more I think about it, though, the more it makes me think that Hollywood is just rehashing old poo to make a buck.

Not that I am saying that "28 days/weeks" or "Mad Max" are bad movies.... but it has been done before. No need to do it again.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Looks like it'll be kewl.
Here is a youtube link for those of us that don't have that crapple software plague.
But I don't think its associated with 28 days later.
No mention of zombies.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Looks interesting.

It reminds me a lot more of the Escape From LA and New York movies though.

Might be worth checking out.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well the reason I thought it looked like it might be a "28" sequal was that the beginning of the preview looks almost identical to how "28 Weeks" was. I am almost positive this movie has nothing to do with that, though.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I went and saw this movie last night. I was suprised to see Bob Hoskins and Malcolm McDowell in the cast. Also, James Callis, the guy who plays Dr. Gaius Baltar on Battlestar Galactica was in it. After a while, people were laughing at scenes in the theatre. Some just plain walked out.

This movie had all sorts of apparent homages going on. 28 Days Later, I Am Legend, Escape From New York/LA, Mad Max/Road Warrior/Thunderdome, maybe a sprinkle of Aliens, Evil Dead 2 and Lord of the Rings and whatever else you can think of.

See it if you want.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by DamnedDirtyApes]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This does not shock me...

As just because you love Roast Beef, Ice Cream, Peanut Butter, Scotch, Rum, Onions, Cashews, and Fish ..

Does not mean you will love it when you take all those things and put them in a blender...

These people making movies need to wake the frack up... :bash::bnghd::bash:

new topics

top topics

join