It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...America freed black people, right?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here
you guys have absolutely no clue nor do you have enough
life experience to formulate a well thought out opinion.

ms.fox...i salute your understanding.

and by the way xandro....the "wench" was my gggrandmother.

if you wish to learn something google "willie lynch"

[edit on 13-2-2008 by last time here]

Well, now there's a well-reasoned argument. Wanna qualify that a little?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

For the record the "W" word was only used in context, it was not meant to be deorgatory in any way so please don't get your tidies in a wad.

Hurt feelings aside, please explain where I am wrong?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlxandroFor the record the "W" word was only used in context, it was not meant to be deorgatory in any way so please don't get your tidies in a wad.

What word...? WORK...? Hey, I'm presently on disability so I take no offence whatsoever

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Call that oppression, call it what you want, but don't call it slavery, which is legally sanctioned private ownership of another human being. To compare the two trivializes the slavery experience and the advances made by the Civil Rights movement.

I suggest you take a peek at my thread which I linked above.

Why did it take a century before the Civil Rights movement happened after the slaves were freed?

Furthermore, you are confusing racism with slavery. If you have a Social Security number, your identity is the private property of the Federal Reserve Bank as a result of the bankruptcy of the United States in 1933.

Your individual sovereignty as an American, became and remains the private property of people like the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers. It is no exaggeration to say that you are indeed a slave, in the most literal sense of the word. Your U.S. Citizenship identifies you as the private property of receivers of the U.S. bankruptcy, and as a private corporation designated numerically by Social Security and otherwise as your given name printed in all capital letters. (Look at your driver’s license, your credit card, etc. All caps.) American persons were once afforded that which is designated as inalienable by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These sovereign individual rights now remain suspended and superseded, by the privileges and immunities of the incorporated U.S. Citizen, as a matter of public policy...

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Ask any Jew how they feel about the word Holocaust being casually bandied about and you'll get the same lecture.

The Holocaust was not exclusive to Jews. Furthermore, I would say that a million dead Iraqis is a holocaust, or the genocide in Africa, the victims of the Khmer Rouge, etc., etc.

It may seem to you like it's a splitting of hairs...but it matters. Once again, go to your black friends for comment...show them this thread, and see what the response is.

And why exactly is it that you assume I am not black?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

So you are saying then that people are poor because they are lazy? That they live in ghettos where they were born because they choose to?

It is pure ignorance to claim that everyone has equal opportunity, despite civil rights laws. The fact of the matter is that we are all still blinded by the race-card instead of looking at the real issue, and that is poverty.

There may be some blacks who "hold on to the shackles" for convenience, but not many. Certainly not all the blacks who are poor and in prison. The fact of the matter is that blacks were never assimilated into the economy. So the issue of slavery really becomes irrelevant. Now it becomes a matter of survival.

And it makes no difference what color the President is, the poor people will still be poor, and everyone will still be held in private ownership by the receivers of the the US bankruptcy of 1933.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
And why exactly is it that you assume I am not black?

Frankly, (without precedent or prejudice) because you don't sound like it. And I know you're not Jewish...

The rest becomes a debate that goes out of this thread and I decline to get involved in. But I do like those hammers...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

"Pink, he isn't well."

I prefer to be referred to as a German-Irish-Dutch-French-Scottish-Polish-Spanish-Italian-American.

I don't sound Jewish?

[edit on 2/13/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

So you are saying then that people are poor because they are lazy? That they live in ghettos where they were born because they choose to?

Actually, some are lazy because they would be abe to get out of poverty if they really really wanted, but of course they would much rather hang out at the playground than at the library.

It is pure ignorance to claim that everyone has equal opportunity, despite civil rights laws. The fact of the matter is that we are all still blinded by the race-card instead of looking at the real issue, and that is poverty.

Race-card - True, but US poverty is luxurious compared to poverty elsewhere. Plus, I've heard of many, many real life stories of success of many different poverty colors to back up my claim that YES, it can be done.

There may be some blacks who "hold on to the shackles" for convenience, but not many. Certainly not all the blacks who are poor and in prison. The fact of the matter is that blacks were never assimilated into the economy. So the issue of slavery really becomes irrelevant. Now it becomes a matter of survival.

I'm glad you agree with me but what do you mean by "never assimilated into the economy"? If you are saying they choose not to play the so called "White Man's game, then that is part of the whole problem because "keeping it real" is nothing but a dead weight.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Actually, some are lazy because they would be abe to get out of poverty if they really really wanted, but of course they would much rather hang out at the playground than at the library

And there are some very rich people who are lazy, and spend all their time plotting to keep the poor people enslaved, so that they don't have to share. Who do you think is going to win the battle in most cases? Black people in particular and poor people in general aren't stupid. They know it is a hopeless battle. So why bother?

Please don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against someone being successful. I do have a problem though, when someone with money doesn't do anything else but pay for legislation that increases their profits to the detriment of the people.

Race-card - True, but US poverty is luxurious compared to poverty elsewhere. Plus, I've heard of many, many real life stories of success of many different poverty colors to back up my claim that YES, it can be done.

It is the wealthy who try to keep us focused on these amazing stories of people who overcame the odds to become a success. They also try to tell us that money can't buy you happiness. I'd like to put that one to the test. The fact of the matter is that for every person you see who actually escapes poverty, there are thousands who have died trying or are spending the rest of their lives in prison.

We are not really talking about other countries here. It's not America's job to fix the problems of the world. What we should be doing though is setting an example. As I have said before, perhaps in this thread, there is no excuse for having one single person be homeless, or to go hungry, in the richest and most powerful nation on the planet.

Furthermore, the American system is actually exploiting the conditions of deep poverty in other countries to provide a slave-wage labor force with no rights because they are here illegally. Why do you think neither political party is doing anything to stop illegal immigration? They don't even have to ship the slaves over from Africa anymore.

I'm glad you agree with me but what do you mean by "never assimilated into the economy"? If you are saying they choose not to play the so called "White Man's game, then that is part of the whole problem because "keeping it real" is nothing but a dead weight.

I am not saying that a person should not take an opportunity when it is presented to them. But on the other hand, I hope you can see why blacks are distrustful. Many would rather die than to go back to being a slave to the white man again. And again, this is really what it boils down to today. Economic slavery, and people know it. Why bother to work for a system when the pay is not even enough to survive on?

As far as "being assimilated into the economy" goes, please have a look at my thread A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

I start out there with the Civil War of the US.

In a nutshell though, the slaves were freed but never provided jobs or the basic necessities of life. Now don't misunderstand me when I say this, I am not endorsing the practice of slavery, but at least a slave has value. As "property" a slave had to be maintained by their owner. An owner was not about to let their investment starve to death, and would not want the investment to be damaged either.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "At least a slave couldn't get fired, they had to be sold."

[edit on 2/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Dude, you really need some help and need to start thinking outside of the box. Why work for someone when this country offers many the opportunity to start their own business?

You claim there are some very rich people who are lazy, and spend all their time plotting to keep the poor people enslaved, but why allow them to do so and run the show. Just say no!

I am not saying poor people are stupid. Blacks are not the only people that are poor so get real. If you think it is a hopeless battle then you have given up and you deserve to get all the pity you ask for if that is what you wish, but pity has no real cash value.

Please explain what you mean when you state that you have a problem when someone with money doesn't do anything else but pay for legislation that increases their profits to the detriment of the people.
Sounds like nothing more than lazy victim mentality once again.

You claim it is the wealthy who try to keep YOU focused on these amazing stories of people who overcame the odds to become a success?
That's bull jive!
You need to define what you mean by wealth because I've heard of many different stories of success that had nothing to do with the wealthy. They all had to deal with small business. That may not be your idea of wealth but hell it got them out of poverty and most of them didn't just stop there either. Just imagine all that time you've wasted convincing yourself "you can't".

Maybe you are expecting too much because it's true, money can't buy you happiness, but it all starts with attitude.
You say that for every person you see who actually escapes poverty, there are thousands who have died trying or are spending the rest of their lives in prison? Again, you have it wrong because you seem to think that escaping poverty means you have to take and steal from others. Duh, it's the attitude dude.

I agree that there is no excuse for having one single person be homeless, or to go hungry, in the richest and most powerful nation on the planet, but again why should my tax money pay for those that prefer to think "they can't, therefore they won't"?

Furthermore, the American system is actually exploiting the conditions of deep poverty in other countries to provide a slave-wage labor force with no rights because they are here illegally. Why do you think neither political party is doing anything to stop illegal immigration? They don't even have to ship the slaves over from Africa anymore.

What are you talking about? I know plenty of Black people from Africa that are here writing success stories of their own. All this while I hear American Blacks saying things like "they make us Blacks look bad". Good grief.

I am not saying that a person should not take an opportunity when it is presented to them. But on the other hand, I hope you can see why blacks are distrustful. Many would rather die than to go back to being a slave to the white man again. And again, this is really what it boils down to today. Economic slavery, and people know it. Why bother to work for a system when the pay is not even enough to survive on?

Need to learn how to do without. Again, US poverty is luxurious compared to other countries. Illegals are able to survive on a lot less yet manage to send some money back home.

As far as "being assimilated into the economy" goes, please have a look at my thread A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

I start out there with the Civil War of the US.

In a nutshell though, the slaves were freed but never provided jobs or the basic necessities of life. Now don't misunderstand me when I say this, I am not endorsing the practice of slavery, but at least a slave has value. As "property" a slave had to be maintained by their owner. An owner was not about to let their investment starve to death, and would not want the investment to be damaged either.
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "At least a slave couldn't get fired, they had to be sold."

Jeessus A Kryst. Are you saying slave owners took better care of their Blacks than Blacks?

Jack, you really need to get out of that box.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Dude, you really need some help and need to start thinking outside of the box. Why work for someone when this country offers many the opportunity to start their own business?

You can only start your own business if you have good credit, which most poor people have destroyed before they turn 21, by trying to survive.

You claim there are some very rich people who are lazy, and spend all their time plotting to keep the poor people enslaved, but why allow them to do so and run the show. Just say no

Say no to what, the entire US Government, the global economy? The whole thing is set up like Las Vegas. It's all been set up just for them to get our money.

I am not saying poor people are stupid. Blacks are not the only people that are poor so get real. If you think it is a hopeless battle then you have given up and you deserve to get all the pity you ask for if that is what you wish, but pity has no real cash value.

I never said that black people are the only poor people. I don't know where you got that from, but you must've read something wrong, or out of context perhaps.

And as far as cash value, I suggest you look into where money actually comes from. American curreny no longer has value, it is strictly based on debt. It's called fractional reserve banking.

Do Not Watch This Video...

Please explain what you mean when you state that you have a problem when someone with money doesn't do anything else but pay for legislation that increases their profits to the detriment of the people.

Most of the laws that are passed or enforced in this country today have nothing to do with the good of the people. They are there strictly to increase the profits of those who already have enough money to influence legislation. The people no longer have a say. It makes no difference who one decides to vote for, they're all on the take.

You claim it is the wealthy who try to keep YOU focused on these amazing stories of people who overcame the odds to become a success?
That's bull jive!

Oh, is it now. How many poor people have you known? And how many are not poor today? Be honest now. Let us take Mexico for example. For every immigrant who came to America and managed to open their own business, there are thousands more still starving in Mexico. And out of these "successful" business owners, how many actually own the property AND the business. And I do mean own it, as opposed to paying off the bank who owns it in hopes of one day actually owning it.

You need to define what you mean by wealth because I've heard of many different stories of success that had nothing to do with the wealthy. They all had to deal with small business. That may not be your idea of wealth but hell it got them out of poverty and most of them didn't just stop there either. Just imagine all that time you've wasted convincing yourself "you can't".

True wealth really only exists in the top one-percent of the American population. No matter what you do, or where you go, ultimately you work for them.

And where will these small business owners be when the economy takes a dump? And again, do they even actually own the business?

I have not convinced myself of any such thing as "I can't." What I can do is point out the injustices of the system, and the real causes of poverty.

Maybe you are expecting too much because it's true, money can't buy you happiness, but it all starts with attitude.

I dunno, I was pretty happy when I had money. And I would have been happy to have more. It had nothing to do with attitude. I am not an outright un-happy person today, but the things that make me unhappy are caused by a lack of money.

You say that for every person you see who actually escapes poverty, there are thousands who have died trying or are spending the rest of their lives in prison? Again, you have it wrong because you seem to think that escaping poverty means you have to take and steal from others.

No, you have it wrong. I never said anything about having to steal to escape poverty. Let me give you an example of a friend of mine. (He was Dominican, not black, if that matters.) He was doing quite well in school, hoping to get a scholorship. In fact, there was a woman in the suburbs who said she would be his guardian the following year so he could go to a better high-school here upstate. The problem was that he lived in a very violent neighborhood in Brooklyn. On his way to school, he was literally robbed and shot for his lunch money. He shot back, with his own unregistered firearm. He has been in prison ever since, serving a 25-year sentence along with a 15-year sentence for the two people he shot, and I think it was 3 years on the gun charge. There are thousands of stories like this.

I agree that there is no excuse for having one single person be homeless, or to go hungry, in the richest and most powerful nation on the planet, but again why should my tax money pay for those that prefer to think "they can't, therefore they won't"?

Why should my tax dollars go to people who are here illegally, taking jobs away from people who most certainly will do those jobs? Why should my tax dollars go into the record profits of the oil companies liek Exxon/Mobil? Why should my tax dollars go to imperialistic gains of a criminal administration?

I'll tell you what. I'd rather a bum sat in his tax-dollar funded apartment drinking all day, than having to smell him in front of the grocery store, or watching him burn to death in the park.

I will return shortly, to reply to the rest of your post...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I know plenty of Black people from Africa that are here writing success stories of their own. All this while I hear American Blacks saying things like "they make us Blacks look bad". Good grief.

You misunderstood my point, which is illegal immigrations has replaced the need for slavery and the costs associated with slavery. Isn't it better to blame the people for their suffering, than the slavemasters?

You are also ignoring the fact that the ignorant attitude you highlight is a direct result of failure in American policy from the time of the Civil War.

Need to learn how to do without. Again, US poverty is luxurious compared to other countries. Illegals are able to survive on a lot less yet manage to send some money back home.

So, you're saying that America has to become a third-world country before Americans can complain? I don't want to live like an illegal, or to learn how to survive eating dirt, I AM AN AMERICAN!!! Why should I pay taxes that get spent on illegal immigrants, when I cannot even afford to support myself?! So no, Americans don't have to learn to go without. Maybe the politicians and the corporations should learn to go without for once. And maybe people in other countries need to start holding their own governments accountable.

You mentioned "just say no" when I talked about corruption. Let me ask you this. Why aren't the Mexicans "just saying no" to their government? There is plenty of money and oil in Mexico. It just never gets to the people. Why should American tax dollars be spent improving the infrastucture of another country? Let Mexico spend their own pesos.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
U.S. Civil war had nothing to do with "Freeing" blacks but a lot to do with selling the idea it was about freeing blacks. The Civil war was about crippling the states and states rights and thereby strengthening the feds and imposing a more central government while killing protestants and infusing catholics into the northern states. Just as they infuse Catholics from Latin countries today.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join