It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]MIB Visit - 12th Feb 2008[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Alien Buff, sorry mate I think you are a fake.
When was your UFO sighting? What did you see?
Why didn't you mention here? Why didn't you call the police?
I think the story of that American farmer gave you bad ideas.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hull huh?

I only live about 50 miles away!

Its funny that they'd go after you and not me if they were up this way, particularly if they were mad about people posting on the site, don't you think? I've been prodding about the UFO scene consistently for the past 17 years, am on the NICAP mailing lists and have been a moderator/chat host on the two biggest sites on the net relating to paranormal and conspiracy subjects.

Some folks get all the luck

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

I just posted a video of a police officer putting a child in a headlock and threatening further physical violence and I can't get one person to reply and this thing gets 6 EFFING FLAGS with no pictures, no video, not even a clever story.

I just don't get it.

Ever heard of a "honey pot"? That's a computer that wouldn't do any harm even if it was hacked that is put on the Internet to attract malicious/illegal attacks so they can be discovered and their authors tracked. Whether it's intentional or not, I've occasionally wondered if ATS isn't just a big honey pot for people who want a forum for their unwelcome concerns about TPTB.

I've posted a number of, what I thought were important topics or events that exposed unacceptable behavior by authorities. More often than not, they drop off of the recent posts page and fade into obscurity while the latest "my sister married a two-headed space alien" launches to a 100 page, 75 star, 50 flag marvel.

I think there are a small number of people here interested in exposing, learning, and seriously debating and a large number hoping that another two-headed space alien will come marry them. I'm not trying to insult anyone. After all, here we are reading and responding to this thread as well (why is that?).

[edit on 13-2-2008 by lifestudent]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Decide to delete my comments. On reflection they were a a bit harsh and maybe premature.

Apologies... Mods feel free to delete this post

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Dagar]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UK Alien Buff

Personally i do not believe it, but, what you should of did if true, was have the computer on, and webcam on recording it without them knowing. Then you could of posted it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yay. Im from Hull. UK.

If the sighting was Sunday night, then i probably saw it. You know, one of them! Did i just see something?

Was a wierd bright light descending from the sky. I then heard on the radio Monday morning that lots of people reported a meteor shower Sunday night, so, was probably that.

MIB in Hull, woah now that is big news for around here peeps.

Im sorry one of my fellow Hullites has posted this, erm, erm, poo?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
ok i live just south of Hull, and yes there has been a few sightings recently but .....OP please if this was true surely you would be reporting it to one of the 3 amigos...and they in turn would then inform us ??

also come on...it is almost lifted word for word from most typical sci-fi stories..
it is v sad if this is just a post to get peoples attn and to get points.

i would love to know the 3 amigos take on this yarn ??

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

The honey pot to attract the loons, I like the theory.

I wish there was some way to have posts such as this thrown to a "Fiction Forum" of sorts
until the OP provides SOME sort of evidence, be it video, photos, or hell even a hand drawn picture in crayon. At least then I'd give the OP some credit for at least TRYING to fool us, instead of subjecting us to bad sci-fi.

Damn! And I'm STILL posting on this thing.
Maybe the honey pot IS working....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe the OP had a visit from Torchwood !!!
Seriously though getting back to the serious stuff, i did not think MIB's were still around anymore. I thought they went in the late 1960's. Anyhow why did they visit you? You are just one of millions who saw a strange light in the sky. Now if you had a close encounter of the third kind and met an ailen up close and personal then yes maybe i would sit up and take note, but a visit just for seeing something odd in the sky makes no sense. Sorry i would have to pass on this one

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sounds like someone is trying very hard to get some attention.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree with many of the posters, this sounds like bunk.

It's a little -too- specific, with the willing acceptance of the strangers and the inclusion of ATS-specific content.

Try again, but be a little more subtle.

Oops, failed to notice that the OP had been banned. Apparently he is a former banned member trying to string us along.

I must say, I'm impressed with the perspicacity of the ATS regulars, rather rapidly deducing the hoaxing here.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Badge01]

JSR

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifestudent
Ever heard of a "honey pot"?

not sure about the honey pot. never heard of it. sounds cool though, i'l look it up. thanks.

on another note. i think sites like these are encouraged by TPTB. it gives those frustrated people with no recourse a place to vent. possibly keeping potintial violent outburst at bay. and hey....if you can listen in too....all the better.

sorry to be off subject here.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by JSR]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Now here's what I think the REAL MiBs are doing: I think they are on this forum flagging this post and others like it! Highly unlikely stories with no evidentiary support are the bad guys' best friend, IMO. All the MiBs have to do is flag up the stuff that is most likely false and before too much longer ATS will have about as much credibility as a supermarket tabloid. Bear in mind that it is not that tough for one user to have multiple accounts.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Think, this really smells like a kiddo joke. IMHO better suited in skunk works...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the OP has been banned? I don't think he/she will be answering any questions.

I think the OP's story is... poppycock.
2 MiB + 1 WiB = Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, and Linda Fiorentino.
It's one thing to hoax something for laughs, but when you start threatening individuals through your hoax you're taking it to the next level. I think the Mods are justified in banning him/her.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Agreed. Thread closure is the next logical step and I expect that to happen within the next 12 hours or less.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wish I could have witnessed this. I want to believe this but it seems so far fetched. Almost makes me want to get a visit from these guys just out of curiosity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join