It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee on Coast to Coast AM tonight! (2/12/2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
World renowned UFO researcher Jacques F. Vallee will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight, 2/12/2008 from 10PM-12AM PST or 1AM-3AM EST. He's the author of the following books:

* (January 1965) Anatomy of a phenomenon: unidentified objects in space--a scientific appraisal, 1st ed. (hardcover), NTC/Contemporary Publishing. ISBN 0-8092-9888-0.

Reissue: (April 1987) UFO's In Space: Anatomy of A Phenomenon, reissue (paperback), Ballantine Books, 284 pp.. ISBN 0-345-34437-5.

* Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma - with Janine Vallée (1966)
* (1969) Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers. Chicago, IL, U.S.A.: Publ. Henry Regnery Co..
* (1975) The Invisible College : What a Group of Scientists Has Discovered About UFO Influences on the Human Race, 1st ed..
* The Edge of Reality - Jacques Vallée and Dr. J. Allen Hynek (1975)
* (June 1979) Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults, paperback, Ronin Publ., 243 pp.. ISBN 0-915904-38-1.
* (April 1988) Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact, 1st ed., Contemporary Books, 304 pp.. ISBN 0-8092-4586-8.
* (March 1990) Confrontations - A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact, 1st ed., Ballantine Books, 263 pp. hardcover. ISBN 0-345-36453-8.
* (September 1991) Revelations : Alien Contact and Human Deception, 1st ed., Ballantine Books, 273 pp. hardcover. ISBN 0-345-37172-0.
* UFO Chronicles of the Soviet Union : A Cosmic Samizdat (1992)
* Forbidden Science: Journals, 1957-1969 (1992)
Source

Apparently three of his long out of print books are now being re-issued. Dimensions, Confrontations, and Revelations. Anyway, it should be an interesting two hours. No doubt George Noory will ask Vallee a few questions relating to the surge in UFO sightings over the past year.

Tune in at:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

radiotime.com...

Subscription is likely needed, at least for directly from the C2C AM website. The second link might work for free, I don't know as I subscribe. Anyway, there's always your trusty AM radio where you can listen for free! I'm sure a lot of survivalists here are equipped for that.

Should be a good show. Can't wait!

mod edit: title - added date

[edit on 2/13/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Excellent, I find him equally as interesting as Stanton Friedman - one of the few documentaries I've seen him in is 'UFOs Are Here (with Stan Deyo).' This vid features both Stanton & Jacques:

video.google.com.au...

I'll definitely be listening (even in Sydney) - I listen online at CFUN 1410 Vancouver (most of the U.S. stations don't allow international online listeners).

www.cfun.com...

FYI, if you're in Sydney, the show is 5-9pm, then replayed 9pm-1am.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nice of him to poke his head back into the fight again. I've always had a preference for his kind of "not necessarily ET" point of view, unlike Stanton Friedman, who I always feel it trying maybe a little to hard to prove his own personal belief that UFO generally equate to alien creatures from other planets. The non-ET point of view, while logical, is still tough for a lot of people to wrap their minds around, having been raised on Star Trek, etc., that the flying saucers are full of people pretty much like us. I find that very unimaginative.

Anyway, it's nice to see Vallee surface once in a while. I recommend the books, too. He's a pretty good writer, to boot.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Outstanding, for once I actually want to listen.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Vallee is probably the best UFO-researcher in history. Throughout his career he has considered and stayed open toward every and any possibility/side/position.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah, I hold him and Richard M. Dolan to be the best ever. Can't wait for Richard's next book or books. Supposedly the follow up to UFOs and the National Security State is so large that two books may be the only way to release it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Outstanding!!! thanks listening now on your second link free WTIC
Vallee is the best..might have to buy his new books

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
... I've always had a preference for his kind of "not necessarily ET" point of view, unlike Stanton Friedman, who I always feel it trying maybe a little to hard to prove his own personal belief that UFO generally equate to alien creatures from other planets. ...

I agree. I think that Stanton would benefit from additional incredulity. So if he expressed "reserve" when asked about sightings on a CNN talk show, I think it would actually give him additional credence.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Listen for free:
www.cjob.com...

Put in Feb 13th, 12AM and hit go!

Interview starts at 13mins in.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Outstanding, for once I actually want to listen.

Good two hours. Did you hear his not-so-positive opinions on Billy Meier?
I'll bet you enjoyed that.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I got home and fell asleep til 2am and then went back to bed. Work has been rough lately and I'm just too friggin' tired to stay up these days.

Really pissed I couldn't keep myself up.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wanted to listen to Mr. Vallee, but George N. is like a 6 pak of Molson to me. ZZZZZZ.

Next to John Keel, may he RIP, Jacques Vallee I feel has the best take on all things, ufo, paranormal, time slips, etc.

Sorry I missed his program!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Thanks for the link... I don't like to stay up 12am-5am too often, but often miss interviews I want to hear on C2C...

Does this link work daily? My local AM station does not do this. If so, this would be added to my "favorites", so thanks alot!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
reply to post by Grey Basket

Thanks for the link... I don't like to stay up 12am-5am too often, but often miss interviews I want to hear on C2C...

Does this link work daily? My local AM station does not do this. If so, this would be added to my "favorites", so thanks alot!

Yes, that always works, I have been using it to listen for years.

And Jeff, look again, you can listen to it right now with the link I gave there.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket

And Jeff, look again, you can listen to it right now with the link I gave there.

Oooh...goody. Thank You very much.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
Listen for free:
www.cjob.com...

Put in Feb 13th, 12AM and hit go!

Interview starts at 13mins in.

Thanks so much for the link - it's difficult for us in the UK to find this stuff. Now I know about the CJOB Audio Vault, I'll be using it lots.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Can't wait to hear it... downloading as we speak. Obviously he enjoyed his last appearance on C2C to be back so soon! Hopefully a bit of rationality will be injected back into the topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What an incredibly bad interview...

Here Snoory's got Vallee, one of the most original thinkers in the field, and he resorts to the stock questions - Roswell, Billy Liar, and recent sightings. Meanwhile, Vallee is a deep resource for obscure and much less reported events, and even has things like metallic evidence ejected by UFOs, but does Snoory even know anything about Vallee's research? Has he read any of Vallee's books? Not a chance.

The absolute best part was when a call-in asks about lights on the moon...

Vallee is trying to answer in a reasonable way, and Snoory chimes in and says..

"What about angels, demons?"

I burst out laughing, Snoory just can't come up with anything other than his usual drivel.

What a waste of Vallee's time. And an insult to listeners.

dB

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I had to turn it off... Vallee could have been and should have been a real marquee opportunity. Other JV interviews over the years are worthwhile. As it was the potential resource was squandered. Them there C2C folks ought to hire some real researchers. I'll still tune in for the times they have guests of credibility but not the for ones that leave one with "guesses of credibility".

A bit of a disappointment.

Vic

[edit on 15-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davidbiedny

I heard Noory mention from time to time that he has read all of Vallees books, but it doesn't seem to help. I wish they'd scheduled Vallee with George Knapp instead. They should just give George Knapp the weekly time slot and the quality of interviews would increase tremendously, in my opinion. And the thing that drives me absolutely nuts, in addition to Noory interrupting interviewees with stupid commentary, is that he doesn't seem to be LISTENING to the the answers given by the interviewees. So many, many, many, many, many times Noory will ask questions that the interviewee had already answered as part of the answer to another question. That just drives me completely insane, I have to tell you. Noory just sits there with his list rattling off questions completely oblivious to context, and oftentimes subject matter as well.

Well, Art Bell had to retire some time. And he's really happy in his later years, that's good, and I'm happy for him. But, C2C management should hire someone that is at least comparable to Art Bell, if not someone who is in his league. Noory cannot handle the range of topics that Bell could, let alone at the depth that Bell could handle them. Also, Noory still seems to be in the "bright lights, big city" phase. He's completely dazzled and doesn't know what he's looking at or dealing with. George Noory just isn't up to par as someone should be who has been given the privilege taking the helm after Art Bell. George Knapp would be a much, much better way to go.

new topics

top topics

join