It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans need to go on strike!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What are we going to eat and with what money are we going to buy gas?
Presumably, everything will be closed, the sewage system will back up, there'd be no electricity or water and we'll promptly die.

Well if you were to look into the fact, there have been many anarchist societies with layouts on how they would function and it takes the people as a whole to come together and a lot of them have promising results, the only problem is achievement of the rebellion and organization of the future society.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You have mentioned some good options for action but as you also said it is going to be hard to get a lot of people to do this.

However I have a few ideas that are maybe a little less painful for the average person and will be just as, if not more effective than a general strike.

First, organize a month where people agree not to pay their bills. I would propose paying none of them but if for those faint at heart that cannot come to terms with being this radical, then opt for just skipping the credit card and car payments. The payment of late fees will be well be worth it to see THEIR reaction when tens of thousands or even millions of people did this. And it would have an immediate effect on THEIR wallets as well.

For those of you who are even bolder, go fill out all those credit card applications you STILL keep getting, despite the fact you are already way over you head in debt. Send them in and wait for all the cards to come in the mail. Then activate them and go on a shopping spree of a lifetime, making sure to max out all of the cards. Then just don�t pay when the statements come.

What are they going to do? Again with millions of people doing this THEY are going to be in a world of hurt.

And what will happen to those who do this? Nothing. What can they do? So what if your credit takes a hit, etc, etc. This is only going to speed up the inevitable and isn�t it better to get it over and done with?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
They would not need to be 'paid back'. Why can't you grasp the concept of people helping people just because they care... not because they are expecting something in return.

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
See, this is exactly what I am talking about. You just expect people to give things to you. You expect, and demand, people give their time and resources to you, for nothing.

To work your are entitled, never its fruit.

Bhagavad Gita

Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one only can see the manifestations.

Tao Te Ching

I expect to give things to other people.

I desire nothing in return.

God gives me what I am due.

stellawayten, if you are ever without a roof... u2u; you're welcome aboard at The Compound.

much love, allahu akbar,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What are we going to eat and with what money are we going to buy gas?
Presumably, everything will be closed, the sewage system will back up, there'd be no electricity or water and we'll promptly die.

Did Buddha fear what would happen when the power cut off and the sewage system failed?

1) Plant a seed.
2) Raise a horse.
3) Dig a hole.
4) It rains.
5) Something tells me life will go on without electricity.

Escape the matrix.

mostly off grid, except when I'm here trying to save your soul...

I am,

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join