It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your chance to play God. Who lives and who dies?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Play god!?That's real twisted and wrong.

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAKEU

Did you actually read the OP? Or did you just read the title then decide to post a useless statement 5 times in a row?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Case Scenerio:

A Hollocaust of mega proportions is about to ensue upon humanity. 6 People have arrived at an underground facility, but ALAS, only 5 people are allowed in.

The shelter contains enough supplies, food, water, etc., to sustain only 5 people for 3 years. Basic medicine cache.

Dilemma:

Pick only 5, and state your reasons as to WHY these people should have a place in the shelter.

Candidates:

1. Chad - Harvard Graduate. Engineering is his forte. He recently found out that he might possibly be 'sterile' - due to previous lab experiments.

2. Ben - Healthy and verile male. Yet, egotistical, and has many biases towards others because of his upbringing. Doesn't subscribe to authority very well.

3. Maria - Surgeon/Physician. Her husband left her 4 yrs. ago, and she hasn't trusted the male species since then.

4. Cecil - Diabetic. Has almost 3 yrs. of Insulin supply. Hardworking individual; no task is too menial.

5. Brenda - 5 months pregnant. Candidate #4 - 'Cecil' - is her husband. Very hard working individual

6. Rachel - Ordained Minister. Taught Theology for 25 years. Excellent teacher.

Who would you choose and Why?

Note: This was an actual exercise given in our class in high school. I'm curious to readers responses

~Ducky~

im going with:
Chad
Ben
Maria
Cecil
Brenda

Chad because we would need an engineer because we would probably have to rebuild.

Ben mainly for procreation purposes.

Maria because you got to have a docter right?

Cecil because he is willing to help in anyway he can. The diabetes shouldnt be too much of a problem cause he has enough insulin for almost 3 years

Brenda because she is hard working and would most likely be an asset. I was a little hesitant about her being pregnant but thinking about it I figure the baby would live off of what she eats for another 4 months, then after the baby is born it could be breast feed for the better part of a year. there would onyl be about 1 year and 6 months left after that so the baby would only need 1 year and 6 months worth of food from the supply. Hopefully Cecil and Brenda would be willing to ration there own food so the baby could have enough to eat.

I decided to leave Rachel behind because I dont consider her an asset. I feel that she would be in the way. I just dont see a need for her.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Chad, of course.

Survival of the species is the name of the game. All other males are fertile, but Chad has the question mark hanging over him, and as cruel as it sounds, genetic diversity would have to be the 1st priority.

Even if the population is too small for enough genetic diversity on it's own, another group of survivors might later be discovered which would be enough to produce a healthy population.

Despite his engineering skills, which are a red herring IMO, since no way are they going to have to engineer anything on a big scale in what is left of their life times. Just basic shelter building skills would be all that was required.

Future generations could then re-build society by reading books on engineering (assuming they survived), but for the moment the priority is to avoid genetic "bottle-necks", since they would result in weak and unhealthy future generations.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
WOW.....no one thought of letting all six people in and then excluding yourself from the shelter?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
WOW.....no one thought of letting all six people in and then excluding yourself from the shelter?

Very noble, but not part of the set scenario. Six people arrive (you're not one of them) but only 5 can be let in.

Wow people!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Loving this thread. Really gets people fired up! Really like one of the last comments that "no one thought of letting all six in and giving up your place!" I though this was a survival forum?! im sure theres a suicide forum out there some where.

As for me, my choice would be to leave the bible basher out. No place in a post nuclear war for someone whos only contribution to the world is to read from a 2000 year old book of fiction.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
We all gotta go. Every last human on earth. So this planet can finally get back to the garden of eden it was. No humans. Just cockroach people.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Too funny, Bachelor # 2 is dead meat, since the cold bitch would quickly change her tune...I would make her wife number one to rule over the other two and bachelor #1 would concede to my overall rule or get his throat slit. Now, isn't that terrible LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I'd pick them all too, and ration supplies accordingly. And if high maintenance Ben proved to become a problem...well lets just say the rest of us would suddenly have an additional two weeks of food.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
wow the hilarious " answers " just keep coming

it is a psychological test of how you think - and what predjudices and preconceptions you use to ` solve ` it

read it again - carefully - the info given is deliberatly vague and incomplete

recognise that its a test - and answer accordingly

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Only when that time comes will I able to answer this little post of yours...

And I doubt I will answer it on the net anyway...

reply to post by whatukno

Still my answer #5 stands because if you kick anyone else out when she deliverers the child there would still be 6 people in a shelter that only has provisions for 5.

Sounds a tad more humane. A few of the other posters had the baby lined up for cannibalism....ewww.

~Ducky~

Heheh, brings a new meaning to "she's got something baking in the oven"

Hey, even better...

/67pb3s

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

number 3 the diabetic... he will die anyways without his insulin..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Love these kind of questions !!

To be honest (and a little harsh) the only one I see of total importance is the doctor. There is so much info they learn and practice, much of which is not in books.

Engineering we can get other ways as with religious "info".

There may be sperm banks that survive, so the guys are out. (sorry boys).
Plus a doc would know about artificial insemination ect - most women know enough about this anyway !!

If the original rules stood, I'd say leave out the argumentitive guy and keep the rest. If it were a matter of true survival, I'd say give the others survival equipment not needed in the shelter and allow the doc and maybe one other person for her sanity. Perhaps the pregnant woman (???).

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Case Scenerio:

A Hollocaust of mega proportions is about to ensue upon humanity. 6 People have arrived at an underground facility, but ALAS, only 5 people are allowed in.

The shelter contains enough supplies, food, water, etc., to sustain only 5 people for 3 years. Basic medicine cache.

Dilemma:

Pick only 5, and state your reasons as to WHY these people should have a place in the shelter.

Candidates:

1. Chad - Harvard Graduate. Engineering is his forte. He recently found out that he might possibly be 'sterile' - due to previous lab experiments.

2. Ben - Healthy and verile male. Yet, egotistical, and has many biases towards others because of his upbringing. Doesn't subscribe to authority very well.

3. Maria - Surgeon/Physician. Her husband left her 4 yrs. ago, and she hasn't trusted the male species since then.

4. Cecil - Diabetic. Has almost 3 yrs. of Insulin supply. Hardworking individual; no task is too menial.

5. Brenda - 5 months pregnant. Candidate #4 - 'Cecil' - is her husband. Very hard working individual

6. Rachel - Ordained Minister. Taught Theology for 25 years. Excellent teacher.

Who would you choose and Why?

Note: This was an actual exercise given in our class in high school. I'm curious to readers responses

~Ducky~

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ben dies... obviously, I mean totally selfish but...

3 women a guy who will die in 3 years and a sterile brain...

I get to repopulate the world...

why the heck would I want some virile alpha male along for the stay??? That would be ridiculous of me...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
but what's the test some lesson? let me guess no one says I get to go along so I just ended humainty for being selfish right?

or some other moral lesson in here? That in the end has no rl survival practicality and is just supposition anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join