Your chance to play God. Who lives and who dies?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If 5 people, male and female, are to be sequestered for three years in a shelter with nothing to entertain themselves with but each other that shelter had better be stocked with a train load of condoms or all these figures will be moot.

Better keep the doctor. She's gonna be one busy woman.

[edit on 2/14/2008 by SemperParatus]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Why would we do as directed exactly? Why say why id choose all 5, when i casn easilly state the reasons i dont want one of the members. Some of us would rather not spend the extra time writing about 5, when you can write about 1 instead. And people, the ONLY choice would be chad or cecil. Ben is the ONLY male fully capable of reproduction. So you have to keep the prick regardless. Chad could be sterile. Therefore, to ensure the coninuation of the human race, i would get rid of chad.
Cecil is married, and only has a few yrs. So yeah, easy enough there.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
intresting question. my current position is to leave rachel out. the reasons being that, though she may be a great teacher, i'm not entirely sure there is a place for god. i'm not dismissing god out of hand, its just that the rest have better qualities that will allow the collective to succeed and prosper in the long run. i'm not going into detail as this is not my exam, but my opinion may change if i had approximate ages of all the candidates.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is easy for me, bye bye to the priest, no problem at all.
I don’t even have to consider the “function” the rest of the members of the group would have in my decision.

And she´s not only a priest but a teacher too!! What?? And say the group does survive after all, what need this group has of somebody who professionally specializes in scaring the life out of all future generations of children with stories bout Hell n Sin n all?

This is a chance for a fresh start here people !
Rachel RIP in memorium

very good thread btw

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Ben.

Why?

Because I won't have an out-of-control person who would be even more agitate by the situation trying to dog everyone simply because it was "how they were raised". And to anyone that thinks they wouldnt want to hear about god at the point I'd simply remind you that it is god, or chance, that would be deciding whether your family survived or not. When its your time to go, its your time.

You'd see them again after your dead, anyway.

-Knight

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

This is a very sad situation you have given us all here. I would not want to leave out any one at all. I think it would be best to ration the supplies. However, because you say 5 only. It was a toss up for me between Chad and Ben. Chad because he may be sterile and couldn’t help replenish. And Ben cause who would want a smart-alecky around during a crises. So this decision is hard. I guess I would leave Ben out. I wouldn’t want someone who is all that in a crises with me.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, after reading through these posts, I'm glad that this scenario isn't real and the decision isn't up to anyone else.

I mean, wow. On the very few posts that are actually serious, I completely disagree with most.

Boy, if it were me and someone else from this forum, I'd have to fight tooth and nail against someone most likely on who to exclude.

I have to say that I'm surprised that it seems like sex is the primary concern with several of the posters. Apparently even more so than survival. I'm glad I don't have to rely on decision making from someone like that in real life.

It's also amazing that so many people would dump the preacher because whe was a preacher. Is it because you really feel she's of no use, or because you aren't a fan of religion?

[edit on 2/15/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by laytheovers

Can I ask why you would get rid of the preacher 'no problem'?

She is definitely the best candidate to help with the mental stability, hope, and personal fears than anyone else.

Why would it be 'no problem' for you?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
should not leave any women out. They are all capable of reproduction, and all have thier uses. Chad maybe a engineer, but where is the metal smith, the pipeliner, the electrician, and everything else needed for him to be of any use?
Regardless fo anyones religious view, a being of god, confused or not, is still as such, in any religion. This is a person that does not put themselves first obviously (theoretically). Plus is educated all around. Teachers tend to mold all the other skill sin the world.he would be enough to get your children a grade 12 level of education, roughly. Instead of having the oldest child kill the youngest one with a rock when grown men.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I have to say that I'm surprised that it seems like sex is the primary concern with several of the posters. Apparently even more so than survival. I'm glad I don't have to rely on decision making from someone like that in real life.

Just so we're clear, I was in no way speaking lasciviously in my last post. I was pointing out a trait in humanity that would be very relevant in the survival of the group albeit in a joking manner. When numbers are few and prospects for the future are dim procreation instincts tend to intensify. I'm surprised that considering the great responses here no one had brought that up in the previous six pages. I'm not suggesting they'd all act like animals but no way are those numbers going to remain static. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. It was late and I was tired.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

That is an excellent point, an engineer is only as good as the plans he draws up, after that they really do not have a clue. I worked for a long time as primarily a welder but also a pipe and structural fitter, and I have to say, engineers are idiots. If it looks good on paper that is good enough for them, some know but for the most part they do not know how to build what they are designing. I have had way too many occasions of having to have engineers fix their mistakes, they would mark for a weld where there was absolutely no way to get one. They should have to do the actual work for at least a couple years before they can get in the office and draw stuff up.

Case in point, my ex was dating an engineer, her dad was an engineer, they were trying to put something on a trailer, and where the drawings showed the structure is wasnt there when they drilled into the fiberglass. "How dare some idiot that is making twenty dollars an hour decide to re engineer what they are putting together". Well being an idiot that made twenty five dollars an hour putting stuff together that engineers designed I asked her, did your sharp father and boyfriend take into account the insulation and fiberglass on the thing when they were measuring out for the structure. I dont know she said, well two days later she called and said, yeah, you were right they didnt take into account for the insulation and fiberglass.

Uh huh, I could go on and on, I have had so many instances where stupid book taught dummies set us back so far to get projects done, because they knew the proper loads, proper materials, codes, etc. However they had absolutely no idea how to actually build it. Sorry for the long post on that, but it just struck a chord with me.

As for the posts being about sex, sorry but we are creatures that have a primal instinct for our blood line to survive. There are alot of posts that joke to some extent, my previous one for example. However, to spread our seed is defninitely something that is going to be a consideration, even if it is on a subconcious level. As for the preacher, I do believe she is as important as the doctor, she is going to be a glue that holds people together. She will be a person that provides hope, but people that are totally against religion are not going to want someone to preach the good word in their bunker, but the other people may want or need that comfort. Kind of goes with the old saying also, there are no atheists in fox holes, or this case bunkers after nuclear holocaust.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

Good post. I'd like to add that I've pretty much had my fill of Harvard grads anyway. I wonder if he was Skull and Bones too.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've thought about survival scenario's for the world, and I'd probably handle this scenario similar to how I'd handle a worldwide scenario regarding overpopulation.

I'd leave it to a vote to the people involved. They'd vote on whether or not to leave a person behind. The person I'd choose to leave behind would be a person who voted yes to leaving someone behind. Those who voted no would be safe and would make it in.

I'm guessing Ben and Maria would be the most likely to vote yes on leaving someone behind, since all the others would have reasons to vote no. Chad because he may be impotent, and hence he could be the weak link that decides to be left out. Rachel's a minister and may view leaving someone behind as a selfish action by having one person suffer instead of having all 6 people share the burden together. Cecil and Brenda are married and likely could not fathom having to leave their loved one behind, and they both have weaknesses that may make the group decide to leave them behind.

So, my choice is between Ben and Maria. I would choose Maria. She has skills that would benefit future generations. Ben may be the most virile of the men, but what we need most from the first generation is not potency in their seed but clear and righteous ideas to pass down to future generations. We do not need racism, or sexism, or whatever bias Ben may have, to be passed down to future generations of mankind. Cecil has already shown to be potent enough to get Brenda pregnant, and he can do the same to Maria and Rachel(if she's still fertile). He can do that for at least 3 years. If he dies off shortly after that, then it is up to the future generations to continue the repopulation.

There would be a distinct advantage of having him die off early, since it would mean there would be one less mouth to feed meaning more rations for the rest of the group. Cecil would fill the role of sperm donor while Chad could be the surrogate father of the children after Cecil passes.

That would be my decision for this scenario.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would have to choose numbers 2 through 6

Ben - He is both healthy and verile, qualities which would be necissary for repopulation. He may have a disrespect for authority, but with only five people, that shouldn't matter anyways

Maria - This group would be in need of a physician, because even though the human race will be wiped out, the diseases will continue. He lack of trust for males could pose an issue in the beginning, but that should pass

Cecil - He is a hard-working individual. His diabetes shouldn't be much of a problem, except when they get out of there, insulin would have to be synthesized SOON

Brenda - Her being pregnant is the main reason for her choosing. A child being born can help raise the hopes of those in the bunker, and could keep them in good spirits so they won't give up

Rachel - She is a minister, and often, the concept of God, even to an athiest, could help to put them at ease and keep them from going crazy. As an ordained minister, she can listen to and mediate the groups problems.

The main reason for not choosing Chad is the possibility of his sterility. There is no place for that in this group, as the world would need to be repopulated, and if he were sterile, that would make him useless

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Kirev]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would hate to say it but I don't think I could send them away I would have leave my self, it seems like the only moral thing to do. you lock one person out (mabe two, still not sure about the baby thing) and then you have to live the rest of your life with thier death over your head. I wrather die knowing I helped someone to live then live knowing I killed an innocent.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ben would be the one I would leave out. He is healthy and verile enough to have a chance on the oustide. He would be the most liability in my opinion because he is egotistical and doesn't play well with others.

If they are actually in there for 5 years, the diabetic will die and that will leave room for the baby. All are said to be hard working or have a skill like engineering or MD besides Ben and his ego.

Hope I haven't posted what someone else has as I didn't read the responses

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I’m guessing this is a decision that would have to be made quickly based on a limited amount of info about each individual, so....

Within the guidelines of the situation as described and the limited description of the individuals, I say Ben would have to take his chances outside.

Healthy or not, he wouldn't appear to be good at being a part of a team. And pulling together as a team would be very important to surviving.

While the rest have their pros and cons, none of them seem to be as potentially disruptive as Ben could be.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
[edit on 15-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well if you look at from a metaphysical perspective, Rachel would have to stay. The misery of man stems from admonishment of God in every religon. In Judo-Christianity the symbolic act of eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge is a very real rejection of the tentents of God. Adam and Eve decided that they knew best and disobeyed the only limitation set for them.

The trials and tribulations of Job was a test of faith. The sacrifice of Jesus is a contract made in faith that forgiveness is there if accept it. It is possible that horror of a global holocaust and the survival Rachel is another conduit to another test of faith in a time of agnosticism.

It is often said that the world's largest problems are population, polution, poverty, and infighting. Would we call a viral pandemic and an extintion level event meteor impact Pestilence and Wormwood?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

yeah.....because there is a whole lab for artificial insem. making it easy as pie. Plus the thinness of the bloodlines due to only on male, would make the dna tainted. If you think the human race can spawn from one male, i think you are sorely mistaken (i dont think the bible should be taken so literaly)would
..no, you need at least 2 separate bloodlines, if not more.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join