Your chance to play God. Who lives and who dies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Candidates:

1. Chad - Harvard Graduate. Engineering is his forte. He recently found out that he might possibly be 'sterile' - due to previous lab experiments.

2. Ben - Healthy and verile male. Yet, egotistical, and has many biases towards others because of his upbringing. Doesn't subscribe to authority very well.

3. Maria - Surgeon/Physician. Her husband left her 4 yrs. ago, and she hasn't trusted the male species since then.

4. Cecil - Diabetic. Has almost 3 yrs. of Insulin supply. Hardworking individual; no task is too menial.

5. Brenda - 5 months pregnant. Candidate #4 - 'Cecil' - is her husband. Very hard working individual

6. Rachel - Ordained Minister. Taught Theology for 25 years. Excellent teacher.

We're going to be stuck with these people underground? Lessee...

1. Alright, Chad can come along as he'll be useful for rebuilding.
2. I don't care that he is verile. We're going to need team players. Let his arrogant butt rot.
3. Will need her medical expertise, but if she brings too much of her own drama into this, I'm pushing her out of the shelter.
4. Sounds like an alright guy, we'll take him as he'll be willing to be a team player and pitch on when the hard work is needing to be done.
5. Nope, she gets to rot as well, we're going to need Cecil as our last male to replenish the earth (if Chad really is sterile). Can't have a pesky wife getting all jealous about it. Without her, we have more food. On top of that, I'm not getting stuck for two years underground with a screaming infant.
6. No thanks. I know that I'm supposed to pick 5 but I'm not taking her either. Now, she can stand outside the entrance if she wants, but I'm not sitting for three years listening to her preach. We'll worry about who is going to teach the next generation in about 6 years or so. Now with her out of the way, we have a bit more food in case we need to stay underground longer.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Keep everyone except the minister.

There's no need for religion after you realized nothing has really saved your a**'es if you are the last 6; so the minister...presuming he's a christian...should be up "in the heavens" and one with his "god."

not to sound too harsh; but that's my decision for the choices.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
ben.
however he may survive by breathing a straw in a pond..
having fun with the angel/demon/fairies/bad vamp
while the 5 are still inside
madmax (ben) meets angel/demon/fairies/bad vamp scenario
does ben even wan to join?
perhaps he ran off
that solves your problem
why 3 years?
ecology usually returns to equilibrium after few days, weeks.
there may be grass/mountain water

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I would kill off everyone exept Maria. keep her for my wife and teach her the word. We would have children and live happily ever after.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I would get rid of Rachel, the minister. There is no need for the new world to have religion, infact; it was probably religion that started the Holocaust that put them in this situation to begin with.

Mikey

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

easy , dump the men and let the ladies in

i could repopulate the earth with my spawn.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

However if it were a live-fire exercise, that option would be totally viable (if not that smart) - as would the option of leaving more than one person out to fend for themselves.

Now, assuming we're talking full-out ELE catastrophe, survival of the species is prime, thus making females more valuable than males. Rachel, Brenda, and Maria thus get a free pass in. This leaves it down to the three males in the equation. With only hte basics of medical supplies, the baby will likely not make it before succumpbing to disease, exposire, toxicity, and the myriad other problems od what would amount to 4th-world conditions.

Chad is well-educated in a field that could be very useful, even in a stunted post-apocalyptic way. His "maybe" sterile condition isn't a definite, and even if it is, only one fertile male is needed for breeding.

Cecil will bust his ass with anything you throw at him. He also has the advantage of a relationship with one woman and being certainly fertile. His insulin problem is not an issue to the survival of the other four people, and depending on the condition he needs it for, it can be stretched beyond it's supply through judicious use and acceptance of side effects.

THis leaves us with Ben. Healthy and fertile, yes, but what else does he have going? He would be likely to cause clashes in the group, leading to strife and perhaps even physical harm. Unless he is "leader" the entire group will suffer, and even if he IS the leader, it remains a strong problem as his ego will get in the way of actual leadership.

Sorry, Ben, you just got voted out of the bomb shelter.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

You nailed it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Chad's out.

We need people who can procreate.

You know, survival of the species and all.

Sorry guy, you understand, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I would probably have to say Rachel dies because God is not necessary for survival. The other candidates have more useful traits or skills.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I find this very interesting...my first reaction was forget the engineer. Everyone I know is an engineer...but that doesn’t apply here.

So, I decided to keep him. I decided to keep the Doc because we could need medical attention. Plus we have a pregnant lady.

Ben...well he is a strong young man in his prime. BUT he has an attitude. This is classic for a story like this. He may be needed but I decided to kick him to the curb.... initially

Cecil...being diabetic...well he has the insulin and could control it to a degree w/ his diet therefore extending the duration he could live of his meds. Plus he is a hard worker and probably a follower...he stays

Prego lady...she stays of course!!!!! She is pregnant right?

The preacher lady.... I thought to kick her to the curb...She has her faith and should be willing to meet her maker.... but she is a teacher and educated.... so she stays

Then I began to think about it and the food issue w/ the baby shouldn’t be a problem because of breast-feeding. That can go on for years. Plus.... if menopause hasn’t set in on the other 2 they could possibly breastfeed the baby too and provide extra nourishment for the little clan...this may be an issue for the other 2 but in that situation it could change peoples attitude.

BUT that is a lot of extra waste to get rid of and a baby needs a lot more water than an adult (on average) for normal care...so for the health of the group, do I exclude the pregnant woman now?

For the question above it would boil down to personalities...how well does everyone get along with the other? If I am a part of the group my final answer would be Ben...One Alpha male is enough for any group.

The decision is tough but making those decisions are the price you unfortunately pay sometimes as a leader.

I say good luck to the group

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I agree with those that say spread the resources, but for the sake of the exercise, I too say Ben for this reason...

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
This leaves us with Ben. Healthy and fertile, yes, but what else does he have going? He would be likely to cause clashes in the group, leading to strife and perhaps even physical harm. Unless he is "leader" the entire group will suffer, and even if he IS the leader, it remains a strong problem as his ego will get in the way of actual leadership.

Ben's a problem, from the scant info provided and doesn't offer a great deal of positives to the situation.

[edit on 13/2/08 by Prote]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I think a better question would be, Do I have a gun, and am I incharge. Is there someone I can trust?

My choices would be;

Maria - Surgeon/Physician. Her husband left her 4 yrs. ago, and she hasn't trusted the male species since then.

Brenda - 5 months pregnant. Candidate #4 - 'Cecil' - is her husband. Very hard working individual

Rachel - Ordained Minister. Taught Theology for 25 years. Excellent teacher.

I wouldn't take the men, because I don't want the power struggle. The women can provide "entertainment". As this is the end of society, then so ends western morality. Rachel can teach the children that are raised and provide child care. Maria can make sure everyone stays healthy, and brenda works hard, and is breeding stock.

ofcourse the question remains, why are we in this shelter? is it biological, and nuclear? If biological, then the longer you stay in the shelter the better, if nuclear, you would have to wait for the fallout to be over, which means ruffly 4-5 weeks.

If its biological, I would only take:

Maria - Surgeon/Physician. Her husband left her 4 yrs. ago, and she hasn't trusted the male species since then.

If its nuclear, I would take them all, then force:

Ben - Healthy and verile male. Yet, egotistical, and has many biases towards others because of his upbringing. Doesn't subscribe to authority very well.

out about 3 months later-- he can start the cleanup process, in a specific area, which, would likely kill him.

next, I would kick:

Chad - Harvard Graduate. Engineering is his forte. He recently found out that he might possibly be 'sterile' - due to previous lab experiments.

about 1 year later, this would increase his abilitly to survive, and build permenant structure outside the shelter, and prepare for the rest of us.

Next,

4. Cecil - Diabetic. Has almost 3 yrs. of Insulin supply. Hardworking individual; no task is too menial.

at 1.5 years, he can talk to his wife through the door, and make sure the baby is safe. Additionally, he can help chad make a place, look for insulin, and plant crops.

Once we have the crops turned in at the shelter, whoever wants to go, can.

the crops can provide additional food supply for myself, she chad show signs of sickness.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Sounds like you have formulated a viable plan.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The people I would keep are...

1. Chad - Because his knowledge could help alot in different situations.

2. Ben - I would keep him even if he is egotistical and has a thing for authority. If we're in a situation like you said, I think after he realizes what is happening he'll sit down and shut up, and if he doesn't want to listen to others he can leave and be on his own.

3. Maria - The medical help would be too good to pass up. If she doesn't trust males she'll have to learn to soon enough.

4. Cecil - Because he is hardworking, and can get stuff done. Hopefully his diabetes won't be too big of a problem.

And that would leave Racheal - the minister and Brenda - the pregnant

I would pick Racheal to stay, and Brenda not be picked. I think Racheal would cause the least problems for the group. Having a pregnant woman, and then having her and a baby wouldn't be a good idea to me. I wouldn't want a baby to be in there and then have not enough food to eat or something like that. It's a very hard decision though.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

simple, you have to get rid of brenda, as the baby would need extra supplies. after it is born. however the husband is also the diabetic, and doesnt have enough insulin for the three years, so will prob die anyways. hence kick em both out, and use the extra rations to get a bit podgy!

or play games with the extra food.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a no brainer..

The pregnant ladies' husband, Cecil, who has diabetes and not enough insulin, has got ta go.

His seed will replace him, lol.

But seriously, we don't have time for ill ass people who are going to become a major issue and liability for us at one point, then after suffering enough, die?

And don't think I'm not compassionate .. my dead father had diabetes, most of my family members have it, well the older family members. All my aunts and uncles have it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by camain

I wouldn't take the men, because I don't want the power struggle. The women can provide "entertainment". As this is the end of society, then so ends western morality. Rachel can teach the children that are raised and provide child care. Maria can make sure everyone stays healthy, and brenda works hard, and is breeding stock.

Well what if all 3 women get femi-nazi on you and lock you up, only using you to pro-create, otherwise you sit in a cage, starving? lol.

It's very possible. I'd take 1 other man, and the hottest 2 chicks, if it was just 3 people.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It makes me wonder what our schools are teaching our children if they are giving exercises like this.

All life is to be saved and no one has a right to tell you to choose five.

I would take everyone in even if they beat the crap out of me and tossed me out. I would share my rations with the extra person so it didn't effect anyone else and in the three years I would do everything in my power to get everyone together and work as a team to help one another.

If something happened and I died I would have known I died trying to do good and I did the best I could do.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I commend you for your loving and compassionate nature.

Read this page; 7th post down

As I've stated, we can only choose 5 out of the 6 people mentioned in the OP.

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would take Chad and Maria only. They are the only ones that i would actively want in my group. The others are nothing but a burden.

If pressed further, id take the diabetic dude as well simply because he works hard.

Other than that, the others are a waste of resources.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join