It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-pitch alarm targets young people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

High-pitch alarm targets young people

edition.cnn.com

A high-pitched device used to combat anti-social behavior among young people has been called "unfair" by children's campaigners in England.

The Children's Commissioner for England, who oversees children's rights, has called for a ban on the ultra-sonic gadget, known as "The Mosquito," which disperses young people by emitting sharp, piercing sounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
uk.reuters.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad
Sound weapons (of the future)
Death Ray Replaced By The Voice of God

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm sure it sounded like a good idea to begin with...

I'm older than 20 and still can hear high-pitch frequencies
well enough to where I wouldn't want to be around when
one of these alarms goes off. I can still hear that high-
pitch TV noise whenever there's one on.

What about children and babies who happen to be in
the vicinity? Not too fair for them, might even be bad
for business. If there's loiterers, what ever happened
to, "Hey, get lost or I'm calling the cops."?

What do ya'll think?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This has been around for awhile here. I've never heard it at an actual store but a lot my friends have it as a ringtone on their phone just to annoy each other. Its also useful when your in class as the teacher can't hear it. All in all I would say the whole idea backfired.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can hear this tone as clear as a bell even though I'm way over 20.

If it were shown to be loud and persistent enough to a nearby residental dwelling then I'm sure there would be grounds for legal action under Environmental Health regulations here in the UK. There should be a test-case put forward to set the precedent against this form of social control

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A lot of Kids are ok but lets focus on the kind that try and kill fire fighters and screw up life here for good UK citizens:

Filth Chavs have to be dealt with. I'd blow their heads off with a shotgun if I could.

These Bast+rds are responsible for brutal Anti social behaviour.

England is sinking very fast and these people are responsible for its downfall. Let's replace the sound effects with machine guns - not joking either.

And anyone who wants to jump and stand up for the scum I am talking about, I'll swap places with you for a few days and you can live near the dirt that stops me going out after 6 pm and beat my mother black and blue recently for her money. 6 days in hospital she spent - great week for all our family

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think it's the right thing to do. They're disgusting people, and if you ask me, they should be taking more physical measures against these idiots! The situation here is pretty dire, with todays youth. They should be locking people like that up, and throwing away the key.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Alesanjin]

top topics

join