It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the aliens looking for when they abduct people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've never been abducted by a UFO. It makes me curious about what exactly aliens are looking for when they abduct people. Abductees seem to cross all sociologic boundaries, but aliens must have some criteria for who they choose. What are they?

Sensitivity? Psychic ability? Isolation?

I can't imagine that abductions would be entirely random. They should be using some selection criteria and have some plan behind what they're doing.

I guess I'm not on the hit list.
But, WHY am I not on the hit list, but others are?

In general, those who report UFO abductions show no clinical signs of illness:

External Source Text:

The investigator found that commonalties were not strongly present and that:

"while the subjects are quite heterogeneous in their personality styles, there is a modicum of homogeneity in several respects: (1) relatively high intelligence with concomitant richness of inner life; (2) relative weakness in the sense of identity, especially sexual identity; (3) concomitant vulnerability in the interpersonal realm; (4) a certain orientation towards alertness which is manifest alternately in a certain perceptual sophistication and awareness or in interpersonal hyper-vigilance and caution.... Perhaps the most obvious and prominent impression left by the nine subjects is the range of personality styles the present.... There is little to unite them as a group from the standpoint of the overt manifestations of their personalities.... They [are] very distinctive unusual and interesting subjects. [But] "Along with above average intelligence, richness in mental life, and indications of narcissistic identity disturbance, the nine subjects also share some degree of impairment in personal relationships. For [some] subjects, problems in intimacy are manifest more in great sensitivity to injury and loss than in lack of intimacy and relatedness. [Ad] "...The last salient dimension of impairment in the interpersonal realm relates to a certain mildly paranoid and disturbing streak in many of the subjects, which renders them very wary and cautious about involving themselves with others. It is significant that all but one of the subjects had modest elevations on the MMPI paranoia scale relative to their other scores. Such modest elevations mean that we are not dealing with blatant paranoid symptomology but rather over-sensitivity, defensiveness and fear of criticism and susceptibility to feeling pressured. To summarize, while this is a heterogeneous group in terms of overt personality style, it can be said that most of its members share being rather unusual and very interesting. They also share brighter than average intelligence and a certain richness of inner life that can operate favorably in terms of creativity or disadvantageously to the extent that it can be overwhelming. Shared underlying emotional factors include a degree of identity disturbance, some deficits in the interpersonal sphere, and generally mild paranoia phenomena (hypersensitivity, wariness, etc.)" (3)
Her findings demonstrate a uniform lack of the significant psychopathology which would be necessary to account for these experiences if abduction experiences do represent the psychotic or delusional states predicted by current theory.

www.ufoevidence.org...

So, what's the alien agenda, and how do they choose abductees?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Assuming for a moment that they're time travelers and not alien bugs from another planet, I would suggest that they're trying to trace a particular genetic configuration of some kind, in an attempt to find out where it first mutated. Maybe some extra psychic or trans-dimensional ability, or a built-in immunity to a certain pandemic that hasn't happened yet. Since something like that wouldn't be recorded, they'd have to do a lot of spot-checking.

It probably wouldn't require all the effort of kidnapping these people, though. A simple cotton swab to the inside of the cheek is good enough for us primitive Earth people to get a sample.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Assuming for a moment that they're time travelers and not alien bugs from another planet, I would suggest that they're trying to trace a particular genetic configuration of some kind, in an attempt to find out where it first mutated. Maybe some extra psychic or trans-dimensional ability, or a built-in immunity to a certain pandemic that hasn't happened yet. Since something like that wouldn't be recorded, they'd have to do a lot of spot-checking.

It probably wouldn't require all the effort of kidnapping these people, though. A simple cotton swab to the inside of the cheek is good enough for us primitive Earth people to get a sample.

I'm not sure if I should feel glad that I don't fit the profile, or left out because I'm not important enough to the future to abduct!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Has anyone here been abducted, and can you shed any light on this?

What are they looking for in abductees?

join