It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overuse of the number 420 in usernames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OK..... what's the deal?

(OK I know what the deal is, but c'mon.)

I've seen at least a half dozen users with the 420 suffix on their user name. I know I wasn't the first, and wasn't the last. I was somewhere in the middle. I'm guilty of it myself, but there's not much I can do about it now.

Mods? Can we ban any further use of the 420 suffix? I want to be special, and it looks like I am by no means so.

Just to continue my rant.....

If I see anyone else with a 420 suffix I will put them on my ignore list. They may be the most intelligent, articulate, level headed and awesome poster ATS has ever seen, but it doesn't matter to me.

Down with 420

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good luck with that, my son and hubby both have that number on their dirtbikes....the universal number of love....

hahaha

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow.....

Very open family I assume.

Anyway. I don't think much will come of it. I bet no one even notices except me......

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
actually, given the subject it refers to, y'all should keep hush hush on the topic as it does imply something that is against the T&C

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It was my mom's birthday...

People do read into things, don't they?

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ooooh.. now I'm intrigued. What is it?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Hitler's birthday...

...or so I've read.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
reply to post by Beachcoma

Hitler's birthday...

...or so I've read.

Yes it is that.... and something else. Most likely something else. Look it up.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

A National Holiday?

Edit: For your sake, may this be a thread killer.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh, we're all pretty mature here, it's rockin the Ganj. lol I'm too old to say that but it was kinda fun.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am so not cool. I don't know what 420 refers to and I don't know what "rockin the gonj" is. Doh! Now I have to go to google.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

At least I have an excuse -- I'm not from The States.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh. Got it. Nothing else to add to that subject.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's the day before my birthday. It's the day I always take off from school/work to celebrate. People figure you're slacking if you take your birthday off, but if you take the day before off you're all set.

That's why I have it in my name?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was born at 4:19 in the afternoon so does that mean I had a minute? I agree that the 420 thing is overdone. I mean shesh is a original screen name that hard to come up with without putting that dang number on it.

in a few thousand years our descendants will probably think it was some sort of cult.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
4:20 or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a term used in North America as a discreet way to refer to the consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with cannabis culture. Phrases such as "420 friendly" sometimes appear in roommate advertisements, indicating that the current occupants are tolerant of cannabis users.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sorry Ras! I've only seen two with the number in question as a suffix. I wish I could drop the suffix and just be Tetsujin, but an older non active member has it. I hope I dont end up on your list!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have never heard of such number before..

I always thought that one of the most definitive signs of cannabis are rollapaper packs that have been ripped off of hard paper to make filters for joints :-)

At least in bars, that is. I'm not sure what real terms in english are for that, but hopefully native speaking people can scope and understand what I mean.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Crakeur tried to give warning guys. Unfortunately, this discussion can no longer continue.

• UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

Thread closed.

• top topics

join