It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Child Or Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I Just Read Up about indigo children and i fit in 23 of the characteristics and my mother read it with me and we
re both very curious. can someone explain some more for me because i dont know what to do or what to think. am i an indigo child or not?x

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vixxeh__X

I'm not an expert by any means. But I think you'll find that a lot of people match the characteristics listed on so many of these Indigo Child webpages. The questions are generally not very specific, they are well general.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
My gut tells me it is a made up thing. Everyone wants to feel special and have super powers without putting in the work.

The real question is where the term"indigo child" came from and who spent the money to see if their little poopie is special. This is a false ego stroke for the child from the parents and a huge ego lift for the parents based on nothing.

How many books and DVDs are being sold on a made up theory? Who knows.....

Just my gut, and I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i agree in that i would not focus on being an indigo child to validate your worth. this is kinda cliche but true - i think everyone has the potential to be extraordinary but most people do not focus or dedicate themselves to being such. take for example, black belts in any said martial art. they are awesome at what they do, and if you saw one on the street utilizing their ability in a noble or fantastical way, you would be in awe.

we control who we are ultimately. our decisions in life via purposeful goals dictate what we become and how we become it.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not To Be Rude,

But
If I Believe In Something, I Should Be Supported Not Being Put In My Place. I Asked For Advice, Not For People To Tell Me They Dont Believe In It.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixxeh__X
can someone explain some more for me because i dont know what to do or what to think. am i an indigo child or not?x

i think this is an open door for people to tell you their thoughts, skeptical or believing, on the matter of indigo children.

my previous post tells you what i think you should do and think. if i was not a skeptic, i would have given you advice.

if you only want believers in the theory, i hope they come on here and post something more useful to you.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just like I don't like fake psychics milking seniors for their last dollars, I hate to see gullible people taken in. This has no where to go except to buy books and DVDs, and eventually expensive retreats and seminars.

I don't want to crush anyones beliefs, but they shouldn't be taken in and milked financially like some sort of cow. While everyone is unique and special in their own way, indigo is shaky ground.

Before you read one more indigo thing, my challenge is to read a significant work on Cold Reading and NLP. Then go back and de construct the 'test' you will be able to zero in on every statement as a loose cold read.

A good one that may be in your local library is Cold Reading for Magicians.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
The real question is where the term"indigo child" came from

The term came from the idea that Indigo Children have Purple/Indigo colored Auras. Not a big mystery.

Vixxeh__X, you are not an Indigo Child if you find yourself having to ask. You would probably know it if you were.

I must also agree with others, that many people fit the typical criteria given in those "Are you an Indigo Child" tests. They are very vague, and according to the questions asked, I am almost 100% sure to be an Indigo Child. Of course I am not one. A lot of stuff has come up about a russian boy named Boriska. You should read about him, it is very interesting. He is a true Indigo Child in my opinion, and his stories of Mars are fascinating.

Here is a link to the project camelot information about him and their interview with him. www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thankyou, That's The Kind Of Feedback I've Been Needing To Be Honest. a Positive And Nice One.
Thankyou Kindly. x

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixxeh__X
I Just Read Up about indigo children and i fit in 23 of the characteristics and my mother read it with me and we
re both very curious. can someone explain some more for me because i dont know what to do or what to think. am i an indigo child or not?x

I would look into the subject a bit more before you make any conclusions; I fit all 25 or the characteristics, some far stronger than others but still the whole 25, but I'm not going to automatically assume that means I am an Indigo Child.

I believe the general rule is; If you feel that you are an Indigo Child, and you fit the criteria, then you are one.

There do seem to be a lot of Indigos on here, perhaps if you can get in touch with one of them you could learn more.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
IMO no you are not, becuase all of the evidence on this site I'VE seen says they are not real. Just because the categories are there, doesn't mean they're right, and just because you fit them doesn't mean you are one, a lot of people fit that category. There's lots of potential flaws, it's not worth the effort looking into.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
well if you want the real deal you have to understand DNA and also evolutionary time cycles relative to this universe. it is so interesting to see you just scratching the surface wondering....you journey will be so interesting when you delve deeper. you can read some stuff on keylonticdictionary.com also plenty of material on www.azuritepress.com click current students at the bottom of the page then on products at the top menu. there is also a book put out by them back in 2000 Voyagers II secrets of amenti second edition. which will let you know very specific details on this race line of indigo's. Also a great book for other reasons it is a must have.

-peace

top topics

join