It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

snow, damn snow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

The strange thing though are the days when it is Spring weather. Taunting times I tell you. Days before it snowed here we had warmth up to the point where I was almost tricked into thinking it was Spring.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hay Gunner,

Yep it is white out there, I chose my specific location, so I can't complain.
I am sorry I like it. winter is just another challenge.
I love the fact that the cold white stuff freezes off things I don't want to live among.
It gives me time to sit down and contemplate on those long winter evenings. Just sit, or walk under a clear black sky.
It brings me a little closer to my own mortality, a frigid night, with out a wind, my shadow as my only companion. The whisper of an owls wing, unheard in the summer, coyote singing a song far off. The sounds are so clear.

I love all the seasons, and I hope you can find an out let for your restlessness.
WIS

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Man I am sorry I wish I could sympathize with you guys. I live in Florida. I haven't seen snow in years.

Wait no I don't HA HA you guys got snow.

Im kidding of course, I used to live in Colorado and I miss sking

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

where at in florida....i grew up in st pete.
anywhere close to that?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Pretty close, I live in Bradenton. I have been here now for a couple of years and I love it about as much as I would love enemas every day of my life

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Cold, ha- lack of light, the days are finally getting longer, tired of driving across the lake, on 20" ice- roads are so icy-couple weeks ago, my door knob was , on the inside of the house mind you-white with ice- vehicles freeze up- darn, look out for that moose that is on a suicide mission.. there have only been a couple hundred hit and killed by vehicles this year, icy road, moose, not good, lol!
You know what happens to a hot cup of coffee, if you toss it real quick in the air, at -50F ?
I'll tell you- it just disappears, vaporizes, poof, it is gone, no kidding-
We have two seasons, winter, and almost winter...lol.
Ahhh, Alaska- You Gotta Love It!!

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Journey]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Journey

I feel your pain, I lived in Alaska for awhile in Wasilla. I worked up on the slope and that was cold cold, so the cold doesnt really bother me too much anymore after living through that crap. I miss the hell out of alaska, I had so much fun up there, but that was back when I was free, no kids no wife. I wouldnt trade them for anything, but it was kind of nice to just be able to get out on my snow machine and go for a ride whenever I wanted to. Shoot stuff, get drunk and drive my machine home, I have been trying to talk my wife into moving back up there but she isnt having any of that.

I chose to live here also, I didnt have to leave cali, but I chose to do that full well knowing what the weather was like here. Now I wouldnt change it for nothing, when I got back here I was ready to leave, I had all my stuff packed up and ready to go back west. But for some reason I stayed, and a week later I met my wife, a year later we were married and she was pregnant with our little girl. I chose to move here, but I really believe this is where I am supposed to be, and I wouldnt move back west for anything.

I do enjoy the seasons, I dont mind the snow if I dont have to do anything but stay in the house. You know it was funny, this morning I woke up and my driveway was plowed????? I dont pay anyone to do that, but someone just went ahead and plowed it, weird. Right now it is really pretty, we are getting some lake effect snow, and the sun is shining behind it, and it is really pretty. It doesnt look like it is going to stop, just a nice line of snow coming right at us, oh well. I guess I will enjoy it while it lasts, I am in a better mood then I was yesterday, so that really helps me not hate the damn white stuff so much.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That is one of the things I have to do. Throw coffee in the air at -50 degrees. It's just something I have to do now.

Gunner, I like your post above this one.

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
holy crap the sun, the sun is shining, it is burning my eyes out, I am not used to the sun shining. sure is pretty though, all the white on the ground and in the trees, very pretty. Man I need my sunglasses now and I left them at home, duh!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

Sun during winter seems to be the brightest for some reason. Maybe its the sun magnified through the cold misty atmosphere?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah I wonder if that is what happens? I know in cali, during the summer it was always hazy, due to fires burning, and the smog from all the flatlanders that would make its way up into the foothills. During the winter however the sky was always blue and clear, I imagine the rain and storms blowing in clears all that crap out of the air. It is hazy here during the summer also, but that is due to moisture in the air, humidity, ugh something an old country boy raised in the foothills of northern california shouldnt have to deal with. The sky is clear right now, I guess it is just too damn cold up there for any moisture or haze to survive? Here comes some more snow, I can see it across the street coming towards us, there it is, snowing again now. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

cause the light reflects off the snow.....
you can get killer 'sun burns' in the winter time from the sun bouncing off the snow

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Ah yes, sunburns. That is nasty. I once had a friend who climbed this giant mountain (quite an accomplishment) but when he got back he had serious burns all over his face. Something to watch out for!

By the way Gunner, I would love some snow right about now! It's either snow or warmth I fancy, not so much of the in between.

Right now it's just gray skies and a cold breeze...

[edit on 13/2/2008 by Nyorai]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join