It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are you getting your hubbs/wife/S-O for V day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I know I have said this in another thread but I don't think that the only people that celebrate Valentines day are people that only show their S.O's they love them once a year. That is an unfair generalization.

Of course there are guys who go out and get their wives something generic like diamonds or roses because they feel like they are obligated and yeah that is sad.

Call me crazy but I love Holidays. All of them. I have fun helping my kids put together Valentines for their classmates and it's fun to do something special with my fiance. Not saying that we don't do special things other times of the year but any reason to do something else is always fun.

We haven't always exchanged gifts. Most times we were really poor so it would just be making dinner at home and watching a movie that we already had or visiting friends or something else that we both like to do.

If Valentines day is special to your S.O. then celebrate it with them. You don't have to buy expensive gifts (unless you want to) and there are many other ways to show your S.O. that you love them on Valentines day that are free.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
As a rule, my husband and I don't celebrate this day officially, but hey its nice to embrace the passion of love and reflect on our appreciation for each other.

So I'll take that and embrace it. This year I just bought my husband a card but I have a little something to give him later on in the evening..

I do know that my hubby got me a gift, what it is I don't know. But I'm sure coming from him it will be definately something I like. He knows me too well... Actually I hope he reads this post, and then replies, he might just drop a few clues.

I hope everyone has a great valentine's day, weather you believe in it or not doesn't really matter, what does matter is that the day is about love and I think thats beautiful...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulene-abeth
As a rule, my husband and I don't celebrate this day officially, but hey its nice to embrace the passion of love and reflect on our appreciation for each other.

So I'll take that and embrace it. This year I just bought my husband a card but I have a little something to give him later on in the evening..

I do know that my hubby got me a gift, what it is I don't know. But I'm sure coming from him it will be definately something I like. He knows me too well... Actually I hope he reads this post, and then replies, he might just drop a few clues.

I hope everyone has a great valentine's day, weather you believe in it or not doesn't really matter, what does matter is that the day is about love and I think thats beautiful...

Just a card??
j/k

I would have thought you would know what it is - since I bought it when we were shopping together, and I asked you to bring the package home in your bag..... LOL. Seriously, all clues of what it was were to sidetrack you. You wouldn't know what it is through the wrapping. You're just going to have to wait till tomorrow

Lub you!

<< 1   >>

join