It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are you getting your hubbs/wife/S-O for V day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
my wife and i don't celebrate it as we both think it is a manufactured holliday just to get people to spend cash.
what we do is go out to eat though. more of an excuse to go to dinner than anything else...
we always go to bennegins cause they have her favorite kind of tater soup.

so what are you giving? do you hope to get anything? if so, what?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Every year my wife and I say we're not buying anything, but then we both end up getting a card and I always have flowers delivered to her at work.

This year I'll do flowers and this morning I sent an email to her at work, it was a poem that I wrote, inviting her out to dinner on Valentines Day and then a drink or two and home to relax and listen to some music.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

right on man...i do the same thing but for her birthday....i always get a flower arrangement and have it delivered to her job.....i like it cause she says all the girls oogle about it cause their hubbs never do anything like that so it makes me feel good cause it makes her feel good.

my wife wrote me a poem 5 years ago and it is still in my wallet. i will keep it there always...

i hope you have a good evening with her...

trying to get her drunk are ya

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We already celebrated our Valentines day last weekend because we didn't have any kids. Next weekend will be our Valentines day with the kids. I got him an individual coffee press mug that he had been eyeing at Starbucks, a stuffed bull dog wearing a leather jacket and a bandana, a card that plays the song "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash when you open it up and I took him out to dinner.

He got me a tattoo.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

He got me a tattoo.

details? pics?
anything else....you know i am a tattoo freak.

my wife did get me a love monkey at the dollar store...it is this long, lanky stuffed monkey with it's lips puckered and the hands have velcro on them. i have it hooked onto the rearview mirror of my car

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hubby and I don't "do Valentine's Day". just one of those things. Not a big deal, I know he loves me and I love him. Our son's birthday is this month, so we spend our money on our lil love child...
hahaha

Tattoos, I'd show mine but don't want to get warned for going against T&C.....

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

oh come on....what/where is the tattoo.
i'm chompin at the bit here.

i think the older people get, the less stock they put into valentines day, save for the big years.
like i said, my wife and i don't celebrate it but i'm sure we will on our 10th, 20th, anniversary, etc...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ok, ok. that tat is the USDA choice beef stamp on my ass......

As for V-Day, we did that years ago. After 15 years together and this is our 7th year married, it just gets a bit old. We still have the spark and spread it out through the year, not just one day.

I'm not materialistic and never will be. I enjoyed my night of stacking firewood last night with hubby incase we lose power tonight due to this storm.

A_L

[edit on 2/12/2008 by another_lurker]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
ok, ok. that tat is the USDA choice beef stamp on my ass......

are you serious?
that is totally awesome.....i have an idea for a tattoo but i think i would get a warn if i mention it so i will u2u it to you in a sec.

thats a great tattoo lurker.....fantastic

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i have two reasons for not getting anything for my GF, firstly im broke, and secondly valintines day, as Boon said is a manufactured holiday, what i am going to do is send her a large file attachment with all her fave songs attached, starting with Know That by Destinys Child

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I do collect cows and my grandfather raises them for slaughter.....great MEAT!!!

I think they are such a versatile animal, tasty, heat, warmth....cut the grass. But seriously, Valentine's Day is for those people that don't cherish what they have Everyday.

From what I've read from you, you cherish your woman every day of the year, through the good and bad days, so that means so much more in the long run.

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't have a pic yet and for some reason I can't upload pics here. But I'll try to get a pic of it later and post a photobucket link or something.
Basically it's on my back and covers just below my shoulder blade to the middle of my back and it's a tribal star with another little star that links inside it. It really hurt!

I told him for his birthday in June I will pay for the Motorhead war pig tattoo that he has been wanting for some time now.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Outrider,

that's sweet. things like that stay in the memory longer than just something you picked up at the gas station on your way home..

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
Valentine's Day is for those people that don't cherish what they have Everyday.

From what I've read from you, you cherish your woman every day of the year, through the good and bad days, so that means so much more in the long run.

A_L

i do cherish her.....i love her more than anything and i tell her every day. i am always awake in the morning with her before she goes to work. i always tell i love her before she leaves, then when she calls me at noon. i text her once or twice throughout the day and tell her. i tell her when she gets home....

i am a handful and she puts up with a lot of # from me.....she never gives me any static though..

want another tattoo? fine baby, next paycheck go get one.
want an effects pedal for my guitar? fine baby, go get one

i agree that valentines day is for those that don't show it all year and think that it can all be made well if they get some roses and chocolats on that day...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

thanks, i try my hardest to impress her WITHOUT acting like a jerk or spending money i dont have

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Boondock,

You talk about how you cherish your wife all the time. That is wonderful.....I know she appreciates it.

Out,

Money is not the end-all to cure-all, as to speak your thoughts and actions will get you much further in life than any dollar amount could ever get you. Keep up the great work.

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i would agree that coming from the heart means more than coming from the pocket.

i think something from the heart says more than the diamond earings you keep seeing the commercials for.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i would agree that coming from the heart means more than coming from the pocket.

i think something from the heart says more than the diamond earings you keep seeing the commercials for.

That's for sure. I have a pair, they don't do me much good. hahahaa

I prefer a nice night with the family with a few beers and a fire going.

But, maybe I'm just an odd woman....

A_L

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There are plenty of things to do for her that won't cost you money.

Write A Poem
Make a Card
Make a CD of Her Favorite Songs or of love songs.

just to name a few...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

There are plenty of things to do for her that won't cost you money.

Write A Poem
Make a Card
Make a CD of Her Favorite Songs or of love songs.

just to name a few...

did you read my first post?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join