It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so what kind of fun stuff are you doing with your tax return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
our check should be deposited in the account next week. i have a guy coming on the 19th to give us an estimate on some fence.
we're gonna use the return to fence in the backyard.
we were going to go with a privacy fence but we decided on chain link. it's just too much for a privacy fence.

i'm going to get a 6 foot deal all around the entire back yard and then i will have a gate that you have to walk through to get to the back door.

i can't wait.
my dog is gonna have room to run and play with the friz and such.

gonna feel more secure with my gate also.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
we're going to pay down some debt, get some big ticket toys for our son and i might get myself a wii.

our kid is climbing EVERYTHING so we're trying to find some play sets for him to keep him busy. the wii is my early b-day present. =)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mine has already come and gone...

Gave my wife half of the money, she's paying off a credit card or two.

I paid off my Dell XPS computer and another small debt that I owed.

Yee Haw.... just enought left for a nice Valentines Day dinner with the wife...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
as much as i(we) know it is not the smartest move my wife and i decided a few years ago that we would not use the tax return for bills.
we try to do something for us with it.

last year we bought our big screen tv and was able to pay cash for it. this year we will be able to pay cash for the fence.

i think that i sjust as well. i look at my mother and step father and see how they screwed up. they bought a 42 inch tv but opened a charge acct for it. no interest or payments for 1 year. well, that year is up and they have not made any payments so now they opened another line of credit to transfer the balance over at a lower rate...

i look at my wife and i and think we made a smart move. of course we could have not got the tv but we did and it's ours. year before that it was a computer.

it's not bad having a 51 inch biggie that is bought and paid for. it is going to be nice having the fence professionally installed without owing any money on it.

----

what other fun stuff we got

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I will probably pay down student loans or a dental bill, and kick myself for not buying a bass,all of this responsibility and putting all of my money towards bills is driving me insane,I just want to be debt free and have this all over.Sometimes I think I am nuts for consistantly denying myself anything fun and enjoyable,working tons of overtime, and slapping it all down on bills.I tell myself that the money is already spent.One day when this is all paid off it will be for the best.It just sucks hard in the interim.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

you should hook yourself up with a nice bass. pay some on the debt and do something for yourself

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm reroofing my house, a buying a cheap car that will get me to and from work and I paid off two small bills.

It will be nice to not owe any money on my roof or car.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

kinda how i feel about the fence. i am guessing that my fence is gonna cost about a grand and it is going to be nice to not have to open a line of credit for a friggin fence...
wurd up to the roof man.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I like to pay cash for things as much as possible. I've paid off all my credit cards and all my bills. The only things left are the mortgage and one car payment. Now I get to keep more of my paycheck and spend it where I deem necessary and that's a good feeling.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I like to pay cash for things as much as possible. I've paid off all my credit cards and all my bills. The only things left are the mortgage and one car payment. Now I get to keep more of my paycheck and spend it where I deem necessary and that's a good feeling.

i'm with you man.
we have our house payment and in 3 months we will only have the one car payment as the other will be paid off.
i have a credit card with a $300 limit and so does my wife but they are in our lock box.....kind of a just in case thing.

new topics

top topics

join