It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First step to NWO ID cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just an advert that I noticed coming home on the tube the other day. It was an advert for a credit card/visa, which also had the capabilities of the oyster card. For those of you that aren't aware, an oyster card is the London Underground travel card system, that you load up with money and then use like a touch card to let you through the barriers.

Well this credit card does this too. I actually thought that it is quite a good idea, eliminating the use of one card. However this could lead people to develop other forms of card eventually leading to the all in one card which is speculated as a prerequisite for the chip implant. Just wondering what you guys think about this or if you had heard of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
here is a link documenting the card

preD

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
hey mate thanks for the links, i remember a few years ago they had a advert in the newspaper saying in 2008 that they would be introducing those new i.d cards but they would not be compulsory however just letting you know in Australia the new "kevin rudd government" has gone and scrapped those i.d cards.

www.news.com.au...

Labor will scrap the Howard government's plan for an access card, which triggered privacy concerns and was compared to identity cards.

ATleast its a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gtirlad2

Ah ok, I didnt know that about Kevin Rudd. I think really the Barclay card oyster thing is just a way of de-sensitising people to the concept of ID cards. However recently there has been a bit of a fuss about this it basically says that by around 2010, no student will be able to get a loan out without having an ID card, this has been discussed in other posts I believe.

Thanks for your reply. I wonder though, it does mean if you lose your bank card, you cant travel with oyster for a while. Kinda doubles up the problems if you lose it, on the converse.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
here is another link showing what the card looks like and the details from barclaycard's website.

Do you think that it would mean that the bank could also track your travel movements with the oyster card facility?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's all very scary. I think the Brits are being the guinea pigs in all this NWO and surveillance stuff. If it flies in Britain, it will eventually fly in U.S.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

I have not heard of that. However, in Nottingham there is a similar system in place - for a different cause. The card issued is called a City Card. You can put money into the account number of the city card and you can use it to pay for travel on the city transport, pay for city leisure facility use and pay library fines/purchase/rent fees.

As a incentive to use it a days worth of free travel was put onto the card. It does have useful and credible points but people should be aware that there is a point where these things can be taken too far.

I know its nothing as effective or 'dangerous' as the credit card/travel card but it is still relevent.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed
here is another link showing what the card looks like and the details from barclaycard's website.

Do you think that it would mean that the bank could also track your travel movements with the oyster card facility?

Yes they possibly could. Remember money leaves a trail.

Just recently while traveling fiji, one of my mothers freinds was at the checkout at a local shopping centre and she saw a man infront of her pay for his groceries using the RFID CHIP, she said the man had the chip in his right hand and his hand was scanned to pay for his groceries, pretty scary if you ask me.
Remember fiji is a small country without much technological advancement and a small economy apart from the tourism side, but as my mothers freind said, if it has arrived in fiji then it will soon take over the globe slowly like any other peice of technology.

But im glad here in Australia they have scrapped the "all in 1" NWO ID cards.

Heres a advertisement that the HOWARD government issued in the local newspaper regarding the ALL IN ONE NWO ACCESS CARDS i was telling you about in my previous post above. Think this was in the paper last year or the year before.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by gtirlad2]

new topics

top topics

join