It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does debris fall through the air slower than through a building?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'd like to discuss the nature of this picture.

The debris I'm focussing on is circled in red.

Please use physics to explain how a piece of the facade can fall through air slower than the building is falling through the building itself.

Even if that piece was ejected from the top of the tower horizontally at the beginning of the fall, it would still fall faster than the tower falling through itself. Unless people think air resistance is more than an intact building's resistance?

It goes back to the fact that a dropped bullet has the same vertical force (gravity) as a fired bullet has. Meaning that if there are no obstructions and a flat plane, the bullets would hit the ground at the same time.

Please explain in physics. THANKS.

Smoking gun (pun intended) for upward trajectory of the building's facade? I believe yes.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

It's pretty obvious from this photo that the smoke plumes and debris above the roughly horizontal line of major spewing ejecta have a-near vertical initial trajectory, i.e., the fragment you circled and quite a bit of the rest above that line is arcing up and out from the "collapse" point.

Been saying this for ages, thanks Griff for stating clearly what's going on here.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How can there be any resistance in a building that is being shredded as it goes? The Towers were turned to dust and as it went downwards, the beams of the DEW, it took anything that was in its path, core, etc, and dustified it or shredded it.There was a solid Tower with full capacity to resist, but it was being blown to bits from the top down.

The perps had to cut off the DEW on time or we would have seen the debris on the pile leaping and burning and levitating upwards, and that would have blown the deal....or maybe not. There is enough evidence right now to convict the Bush cabal for the events, if it could be heard.

I am convinced beyond any doubt that the ONLY explanation is DEW. If any other energy force could cause these effects, all of them, I would like to knopw what it is...and if anyone says ' fire and gravity ' I am going to scream.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That's my point. Even if what they say is true and the falling mass was enough to overcome resistance of the building it would still have to fall through the air....just like the circled piece of facade.

So, either way, we have a piece of facade that is shown above the collapse wave (and even the collapse smoke/dust). Which proves that there were more forces than just gravity acting that day on that tower.

Now, I haven't researched DEW as much as I should yet but it is still in my plausible (very plausible) list.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I'm sorry...but what is DEW? I'm just a little behind the curve on this and I would like to follow the discussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Throw a rock and a piece of paper in the air. See which one falls first.

Its obviously going to be the rock, not the paper. The building falls first because it has more mass. Gottago made a good point that it has been thrown through the air in an arc too.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

But, throw a piece of paper and another piece of paper in the air and which one falls faster?

Gottago made a good point that it has been thrown through the air in an arc too.

That's my contention also. How does a gravity driven collapse actually throw things up into the air?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Since those pieces of facade are falling slower than the portion of the building from which they became detached, DEW seems the only plausible answer to me. The building was operating on fall in a vaccum. The exterior was operating with air and other particle resistance. Those photos prove it.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Normally, thermonuclear engergy does not employ anti-gravity. The one used on the twins towers employed both anti-gravity to start momentum, and transitioned over to implosion, which by implosion would automatically explode out anything attached to the building and vacuum anything still left intact (not granulated) to the inside.

NASA provides some excellent material on imploding stars creating blackholes. They have some remarkable photos of stars creating blackholes.

That natural occurrence is the same human used principle, which gave us indirect and direct thermonuclear energy in WMDs. Implosion will result in exploding outward the outside attached perimeter, particularly when there is air space between inside walls. The inside will stay contained inside, due to vacuum effect literally pulling in and keeping to the inside, the entire inside of whatever is not granulated by DEW or indirect thermonuclear energy.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Its obviously going to be the rock, not the paper. The building falls first because it has more mass. Gottago made a good point that it has been thrown through the air in an arc too.

In a vaccum, they would both land at the same time. The inside, of the building, is actually operating in a human created vacuum via DEW. The outside exploding outward is not. That is why the inside is dropping faster than the outside attachments.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

Thats a good point, I didnt actually think of that. So is all the surrounding air getting drawn into the building as its collapsing?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by OrionStars

Thats a good point, I didnt actually think of that. So is all the surrounding air getting drawn into the building as its collapsing?

It has nothing to do with outside air. Anything inside is literally being drawn to the inside of a human created vacuum - until it is granulated and ends up outside the vacuum.

The thermonuclear energy on the inside violently explodes outward anything not remaining inside the vacuum. The reason for the very obvious pyroclastic flow at the tops of both twin towers.

That would never happen under conventional controlled demolitions. What people see, in conventional controlled demolitions, is the dust being raised from the ground as the building weight and mass is collapsing.

The twin tower pyroclastic flows started immediately at the top, where the DEW laser (possibly two from two sides) originated the anti-gravity levitation, in order to remove welded and bolted core supports, and then granulation became continuous effect of dropping inside a vacuum, when being outside a vacuum.

There is a heavy whoosh sound in some videos. That is a certain indication of a vacuum being created. It is the same sound a backdraft makes when intaking much needed oxygen and then exploding outward.
The same sound we make, if we intake a big breath of air, hold it until we can hold it no longer, and then release with an explosive force from our lungs.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think of the pyroclastic flows cause by DEW this way. A black hole violently spitting out excess matter, which they have already caught, by NASA, to be doing. Even NASA scientists were shocked when they saw that happening. NASA has a remarkable website on physics, plus, old and new discoveries in quantum mechanics. Their scientists write for every age and knowledge level. I highly recommend the NASA site for anyone doing research on DEW or natural occurrence.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You don't understand gravity. The paper will land last only because it is not much heavier than the air and creates resistance because of its shape. Try a small rock and a huge rock, both will fall at the same speed.

Gravity causes everything to fall and accelerate at the same speed unless that object is effected by resistance. (air, undamaged building structures etc...)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yeah, yeah......I do know that, it is sort of what I was getting at.....but hell, its 5:00am and I have been working for the last 10 hours, there.....thats my excuse

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The building falls first because it has more mass.

I realize this has just been addressed but kinematics and the study of pure accelerations and motions is done without even representing mass at all. Gravity pulls on all atoms on the surface of the Earth with an acceleration of 9.8m/s^2 and that is pretty invariable (depending on how close you are to the core basically).

That the debris was thrown out in an arc indicates forces besides gravity working on the debris anyway. Gravity only pulls "down." What pushes outwards horizontally?

[edit on 12-2-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
What pushes outwards horizontally?

Even if it was pushed outwards horizontally, they would fall insync with the rest of the structure (if there was zero resistance from the structure itself). So, for something to be above the falling structure, it not only had to go out horizontally, but up as well.

I have a feeling that we will hear that it was impact force that produced this. I'd like to see a video to see this piece all the way from start to finish to see more.

Any thoughts on that bsbray?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Or maybe the obvious, overlooked explanation. We know from other videos that portions of the cores remained standing for a few seconds after the rest of the buildings had collapsed around them. So, that piece is most likely a piece of the facade in the dust cloud to the left of the red circle.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Could you please give us a visual example of what you are referring to as a core support? Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's one link that shows part of the core..
video.google.com...

Of course, when you do watch this one, you will also see instances of facade pieces coming off the main parts of the collapse.

And this one....
video.google.com...

And another...

video.google.com...

Longer version of the first one...

video.google.com... x=8

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join