It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older guys: Why do you think we like young girls?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In my opinion a lot of older guys like younger girls because when it comes down to it on a purely biological level without societal influences they're the prime pick for reproduction and all that. I did a quick google search and found this to more clearly illustrate my point:

Theoretical explanations for the preference of human males for young females as mates include the facts that humans tend to form long-term mating partnerships, and that female fertility is limited by menopause and, therefore, age. The converse of such an explanation suggests that species that appear to lack long-term pair bonding and menopause (such as chimpanzees) should not exhibit such strong preferences by males for young females.

Additionally, the ridiculous emphasis that society places on 'youthful' looks also would play a part imho. For the record, I'm actually 19 and while I accept that a lot of older men will always prefer younger girls I still think it's somewhat gross because of the totally different mindsets that exist.

However, I have dated guys in their late 20s because I believed that they would be more mature compared to guys my age and ended up learning that age alone isn't an adequate indicator of maturity. So I do agree that a lot of young girls do date older guys because they believe that they would be more settled and mature.
At the end of the day, however, it's up to the two people involved and as long as they're happy, it's all good.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ok I'm 30 and I like young girls too, 18 the youngest. May be because they are young and beautiful? have no experience and that make me feel better because I know I have a lot to teach them? lol I don't really know why I like younger girls, but don't take me wrong. younger girls is not a must, I also like older up to 40 :-) but all my girls have been younger than me

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I Found this so interesting to read! I am an 18 year old girl and i am completely interested in a 25 year old guy. Now we work together at the same office so i guess you could say that would be a bad idea to start anything. I have no idea how people see 25 with an 18 year old, but i dont care. The older guys are more mature and it is completely the personality that counts! All these posts are saying that guys are into the young girls but i dont think that is necessarily true. Most of the older guys who are into girls my age just want one thing and one thing only. And if you older guys think we cant tell that... you are dead wrong, and its not going to happen! Anyways i need a bit of help, well more so i just need to vent. I didnt plan on having an attraction to this guy at my work and he was the last person i thought i would be interested in. It just happened. Anyways, it is extremely distracting at my work and i dont know how to turn it off!! What would really set my mind at ease is to find out if he is actually interested. Flirting is going on but i really want to ask him if age matters! should i just come right out and say it or keep this "crush" under the mat?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was wondering if it's okay for me, within this particular thread, to reference you all here, to my thread under 'Television', where I post a question about, what in the heck is up with these paranormal hunter TV shows, paring a gang of unnavailable grown men, with 1 (or2 sometimes) young bim. See what'cha think of it? Called, 't.' and 'a.' on fortean shows.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You are taking advantage of the young girls mentality and basking in your overbearing urge for dominance. And you look like #ing idiots. There is no reason for you to care, but everyone who see's you is making fun of you and your inability to entertain a woman your own age. Honestly, if you could stick your dick in it, demand # because you know better than it, and hide it from people you respect, you'd probably marry a monkey.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
erased.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by dreamingalittledream]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Men are programmed to seek out the most fertile of women with seemingly the best genes. This normally means a young woman just coming to the end of pubescence. At a primitive level, age / personality are completely immaterial. Men instinctually want a female body that's nice to conceive with and a body that is likely to handle bearing the pregnancy. I'm afraid your daughter and any other girl who can provide legal consent is fair game in this context and there's diddly you can do about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

state of mind? like some of us feel younger than we really are? discuss.

No, some are just emotionally unavailable and a younger gal is less threatening....a commitment phobic.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Combination of factors probably...

1. Biology...simple as that.
2. Kind of gal we couldn't get back when we were that age, but can now due to experience, money, etc.
3. Makes one feel younger.
4. Aesthetics.
5. Arm candy factor...
6. Validation...

all kinds of reasons...would differ by guy and circumstances of course.

Personally though, I'm married to a gal almost 2 yrs older than I am....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

It's all about evolution, You are attracted to them due to they are prime for breeding although you are not consciously aware of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join