It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older guys: Why do you think we like young girls?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy05
Women like old men because of the security that generally come from an older man.

Its been like that ever since the beginning of modern courting.

Male DNA degrades over time just as it does in women. While some women may want security.. it doesn't mean they'll breed with those older guys. Always been that way.
Alpha males aren't always the oldest either.

Wasent Juliet like 14 or 15 years old?

Romeo was not much older so he wasn't really an "older man".
There are many reasons girls were married off to 50 year olds but they probably did not choose those men.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by riley]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
hikix is tottaly wright! they are too easyly seducted by the wrong type of guis,there immature,like some boy for stupid reasons,they dont know what they want.they dont even know true love

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think its funny because I am 22 years old and find older women to be very beautiful...

Perhaps it changes as you get older.

I think it all ties into the trying to stay young forever mentality that man has been obsessed with for thousands of years.

Everyone wants to live forever, and chasing after girls that are young enough to be your daughter sometimes does the trick.

Not to mention that these young women are quite easy to fool. Most will believe anything you tell them. Hence the reason why more mature women are either straight forward about their intentions or not gunna fall for the BS that most douche bags sling.

Personally my dear sir...I think you should stick to mature women. If youre 35, I would say 27 should be the youngest you should be chasing after...

I mean what could you possibly have in common with a 20 year old?

You: Hey remeber when challenger exploded?

Her: I wasnt born yet...

Freakin akward if you ask me. My Girlfriend is 19, and there is a generation gap there and its sometimes frustrating.

Gotta remeber that these days generations are limited to maybe 2 years because of the progession of everything has gotten so fast. Where it used to be a generation was 10 years.

Its down right creepy honestly.

Its people like you that ruin chicks when they are young and leave smart, attractive women alone whom turn bitter.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy05
Not to mention that these young women are quite easy to fool. Most will believe anything you tell them. Hence the reason why more mature women are either straight forward about their intentions or not gunna fall for the BS that most douche bags sling.

I have to admit I am starting to think this is a real (yet depressing) possibility.
I used to think looks rated highest on the male list but I'm in my early thirties, am still attractive yet I'm approached less. The most notable difference in me is my mind.. I dont hide my talents or more controvercial opinions anymore. Is intelligence a turn off or just scary? Would a man choose an 18 year old over an adult woman because she's got a more supple body or just because she's easier to control? I admit I have 18 year olds boys trying to pick me up but they seem to be after some sort of older woman dominatrix fantasy. Do men not like women their own age?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Maybe it's not so much about the older man, it may be about the younger woman. (No offence guys) Most young guys are immature compared to the young women. I realise that there are some of you out there that are just as mature as the young women, but all the guys i know are pretty immature. So the women have to look to an older man.

That being said, there are a lot of immature young women out there. As a young woman (I'm 20), most of my friends are very immature. :shk:

I don't think we can really generallise about young men or women- some are more mature than others, no matter how old you are.

And anyway- they always say love is blind. Until it comes to kids. Then it's just wrong.

~Star

Edit for spelling

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Star kitten]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Know what you mean...always had younger girls too. not 18-22 but twenty-something for sure. I am in your age too and think the age difference to twenty-somethings is not too big.
But hey, as long as she has a banging body, long hair and sexy eyes I dont care about her age....as long as she is not too young or too old and wrinkly...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

for a dirty reason that i probably can't say on this thing...?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

I find it very amusing how so many women get so upset about older guys showing an interest in younger women. Why? - The only reason I can think of is gealousy. Why else would it matter? They use all sorts of insults but its quite transparent. And its invariably women approaching middle age who are so disgusted. Just when they are becoming less attractive maybe?.
Listen ladies. I'm very sorry but its entirely genetic. Men are programmed to fancy women who are attractive and of child bearing age. I'ts not even a matter of choice. So lets me a bit more honest shall we. You'd rather they fancied you, is that not the truth?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I find it very amusing how so many women get so upset about older guys showing an interest in younger women. Why? - The only reason I can think of is gealousy. Why else would it matter? They use all sorts of insults but its quite transparent. And its invariably women approaching middle age who are so disgusted. Just when they are becoming less attractive maybe?.

The only reason you can think of is jealousy? There are many other things women compete for other than the attention of males. You seem to have alot of anger for older ladies yourself.. your post is filled with contempt for them. You've even sorted out women into two shallow categories: young or approaching middle age. That's a good indicator as to how you see women in general.

Listen ladies. I'm very sorry but its entirely genetic. Men are programmed to fancy women who are attractive and of child bearing age. I'ts not even a matter of choice. So lets me a bit more honest shall we. You'd rather they fancied you, is that not the truth?

Sure I'll be honest. Older men go for teenage girls because they are easier control and are non threatening. Thats what comes from being in a patriarchal society where many men don't want to be around women who might have more power than they do. Women are suppose to be the prize for winning the alpha position ..not the rival for it. Genetics? No.. thats just ego.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Personally, I cannot date a girl whose much less intelligent than me. I need to be mentally stimulated in order to enjoy spending time with somebody. One of the main things I look for in a potential girlfriend is whether or not she's intelligent. What does she believe in? Who is she going to vote for? What does she think about this or that? It's not necessarily the answer to these questions that I'm looking for, but rather how she reasons them through. I like to know that she's passionate about things and has goals, but I don't always look for specific passions or goals. I can't stand stupid girls. That being said, I don't think that the majority of older men go for younger women because of some sort of power trip. I'm sure it happens, but as a man (not an old one, though.) I can say it's most likely about looks the majority of the time. Many men these days don't really care about being the dominant one. You can even do little experiment here. Go up to one of your male friends, and tell him about someone you know whose dating a much younger woman - let's say a 35 year old man dating a 22 year old woman. You know what that male friend's response is going to be most of the time? "Score!" Either that, or a less frequent "gross." It's most likely not going to be "Awesome. I bet it feels good to be in control!"

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I always assumed, besides the looks factor, one of the main reasons older guys love younger females is because they are on average a LOT easier to manipulate and impress. They are less opinionated than their older counterparts, and they are far less likely to tell a guy he is full of # when he says something ridiculous.

I was once the younger woman who married and older guy (12 year difference) and I was a whole lot less likely to say what thought in those days. I was also easily impressed by nice cars and trips to europe (yes I was young and stupid!) My priorities are a whole lot different now, in fact if I see a guy driving a flashy sports car I immediately think "he is compensating".

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a 22 year old girl who tends to be really attracted to men a fair bit older! Like in their 40s or so! Don't know why and I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me! I just find them so attracrive. Not all of them obviously but the nice ones.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Our animal brain seeks out mating opportunities with the younger, healthier, more reliably breedable of the species. It's perfectly natural. As women age, the genetic makeup of their eggs becomes unstable and incidences of deformation and retardation skyrocket. Our animal brain knows this and seeks out breeders. Millions of years of evolution cannot be discarded under the influence of societal pressures.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Must be tough for you to get a date, then.

FWIW, it's "who's", as in "who is", not "whose", which is possessive.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For me, I don't worry about age unless your like 10 + years older than me. But I reciently found a girl who's 18, and even though she's like young, she has that certain type of personality I love. Could I be considered like jedi here?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Personally I tend to go for those my age,but it seems I attract the ones in late 30's or early 40's,at my age I try to stay away from the young ones,I figure I raised 4 children and it's too late to raise another lol,besides being old with a young lady just makes you look older,and at my age I sure don't need any help!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well im 18 & I have the “sugar daddy syndrome” hahaha personally I am attracted to older men in the 29-35’s. I know its wrong and I understand that but I am madly attractive to them. I have never had the wonderful opportunity to experience with one, but its one of those dreams that I wish would come true. Maybe it’s because they are mature. I just don’t know.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That "half your age plus 7 isn't too bad." Common sense is a good way to go as well.
I know guys that are in their thirties and still picking up dates at the freshman mixers at the local college. Not good. I see them as pretty pathetic. Don't get me wrong. I like to look at young pretty ladies as much as the next guy but a 35 year old getting dates at the local "Chuck E Cheeze" is pretty sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Older men that date young girls are still immature themselves. They can't handle the challenge of a mature relationship. They need the 'edge' to be in control of the relationship. It's all about control.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join