It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older guys: Why do you think we like young girls?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Um Hell ya..I'm a cougar I know it. Hell I drool over DeadFlagBlues and Omega85..BUT... Iam old enough to know that it's wrong for me to even think of dating someone that much younger than I. Even if you were to date her, she would have wandering eyes for younger guys. trust me Jedi. I'm female..I KNOW!

but remember that it's different for you girls. there was a recent study that actually said that men need younger woman. 10 years or so younger to them. it's science sorry. they found that men with younger woman are more productive and the females have more children and live longer. SO it's in our genes to date and marry 10 to 15 years younger than us. I'll try to find that study.

here's the link to the study.

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Jedi, what kind of a comparison is that? The study was based in another part of the world from where you live, and it was for how many children a younger woman could bear with an older man.Well Duh! Of course a younger woman is going to bear more children. But will she be happy about it, and faithful? Not 100% of the time. And these older men were no doubt successful in life and financially stable.
So your comparison to yourself is where????

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I can't myself to those rich older guys. I'm a broke bloke. but it's not about money. it's about longer live spans.

here's another link.

www.foxnews.com...

And here'a story I haven't told many, but I will tell you. You see my father got married again at the age of 65. he married a 30 year old. He had 4 little girls. can you believe that? I do, I was there, I saw this with my own eyes. I didn't believe it either. but it's true. My father always had young woman. He divorced my mom when I was about 6 or so and he had many other relationships with other younger females. of course, this didn't help his heart so he died at the age of 66 of a heart attack,but not before having another 4 kids.
Therefore, I think this lies in my genes. I look like my dad and I have that drive that my father had, can't explain what it is, but I hope to make sense of it someday.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Makes more sense now that you explained it that way. However, think of what you just said. Because he married someone much younger, and had children, now she is alone after his passing, and he didn't get to see his children grow up, and they are missing a father figure in life. Not to say that can't happen at any age through accident or illness, but when given the choice, i think it's better to be with someone close to your own age.
Just my 2 cents Jedi, but you do as you please.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Im 19, and im only attracted to women in their 30s or late 20s. I cant stand girls my own age or younger they are so not mature. they think of stupid things and aren't well adjusted in the head. And ya old guys dating young girls is creepy sorry cant help it. plus old guys date young girls for their bodies only and not for love or any of that. so basically you want to use them.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Calm down man. I only date girls over 21. Otherwise I couldn't take em' out clubbin'. U know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Calm down man. I only date girls over 21. Otherwise I couldn't take em' out clubbin'. U know what I mean?

Geez buddy..get em over 30 and ID is not an issue.:shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I myself prefer 21 plus, and minus 32...lol!
Thats just me!...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Me, I don't care so much about age, but a women who is honest and NEVER lies is an absolute must!

Is there seriously not even one woman out there who can speak up and tell the Truth.....????

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When I was in my late teens went out with a guy 10 years older. He was perfect for me.. till I outgrew him several years later. I suspect some men go for younger women because they're just not mature enough to hold converations with women their own age.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I had to post something. You know I broke the young rule just last friday. I went over to a 41 year old house. We had beer and danced to depeche mode. She couldn't hang with me all night, so she quit at 2am. I can be up till 6 am or so, but she said she had to work. Anyways, older ladies are not too bad once in a while.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am SOOOOO in love with this topic I can't contain myself.

I am working on my main interview for my dissertation in Psychology. The topic is why does pedophilia and ephebophilia occur. I have taken a slightly different route because I wanted to ask lay people who weren't psychologists their honest opinion. After a couple hundred interviews, here is what I have noticed thus far. First a caution...

I do NOT in any way condone dating underage girls and I have not tainted these responses whatsoever.

The point is these answers are not my own. I have my own ideas about it but a good scientist will leave his opinions out and not coerce that of others.

Now then to the answers. These are generally thrown together as an average of all the answers combined but I have to say that while I wouldn't partake in dating a girl too young, be her legal or not, these answers have enlightened me quite a bit on the reason this sort of thing happens.

1. Biology. As an animal procreation is natural. We want to pass our own line along as much as possible. The question becomes who will you be more siccessful with: a girl who is 20 or a woman who is 40?

2. Evolution. Now don't get excited I am not saying we descend from apes here I am speaking of evolution of the mind. 200-300 years ago it was the norm for girls to marry and engage in sex as young as 12-13. This wasn't just accepted it was the typical practice. What we did now was change the rules to say 17-18 (depending on where you live). The thing is, several respondents didn't believe the mind has had enough time to change and evolve it's thinking to realize the socially acceptable norm is 18 and older.

3. Psychology. As a matter of generalisation it is seen that women want stability and security. Who will she get that security with: a 19 year old boy just out of high school or the 40 year old man who has a well-established career and can care for her? On the opposite end guys tend to look for youthfulness and fertility in their partner so who will he find these qualities in more: the 20 year old or the 40 year old woman?

4. Sociology. We have grown together as a species in this world and a culture in this and other countries. One thing to be noticed is how much earlier girls are maturing. Some in the interview cited the hormones in the meat we consume. Others said the dairy and such. Have you ever seen a younger girl or boy and thought, wow he/she is mature only to find out they are still a teen?

5. Environment. Look at what we have grown into these days. We idolize ou current 'sex symbols' very young. One respondent said, "Look at the Miley Cyrus incident in Vanity Fair. Her popularity is astounding and suddenly she is showing an intense amount of skin and hanging on this hunk of a man so is it any wonder where emulation comes to pass and why we see 14 year old's dancing on youtube in nothing but underwear?"

6. Guidance. One respondent summed this section up quite well for the others when he said, "Just look at how parents are letting these kids dress these days. It's sad to see them walk out of the house in a bikini top and hip hugger jeans." He also claims to have seen a young girl he knew to be about 12 wearing a belly chain that rested over her backside which said 'Playboy'.

This again were not my words and have not been tainted. I do believe dating too young is terrible but this sure gave me a good jumping off point for understanding what goes on in this world. I think it is natural for guys to look too low for their age.

An interesting side note. Part of my interview asks during the trial if the respondent were the judge AND jury what would the sentence be for a 40 year old man having sex with a 13 year old girl where the 13 year old wanted to perform. The average answer came to 17 years in jail.

On the other hand the average sentence for a 40 yeard old woman having 'consentual' sex with a 13 year old boy was 2 years.

Ok so now for my personal feelings. I see something TERIBLY wrong with those numbers. Why if a guy has sex with 20 women he is a hero and the girl who has sex with 20 guys is a whore? To keep on topic why is it that an older woman who has sex with a young boy is a victim and the boy is 'lucky' and the older man sleeping with a young girl is a perv while the young girl is a victim?

The thing is to me both the young boy AND the young girl are victims and the older man AND older woman are criminals. We wan equality in this country then we need to step it up BIG time.

Well...I think that's all I have for now.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is a weird thread. :shk: I don't relate to any of this whatsoever. Yes.. I know.. kneejerk.. "you have no 'dating' experience" or "you don't have as much as [insert name here]"... incorrect. I guess it just bothers me that I don't see a lot of treating each person as a separate person here. It all seems to be "people of this age are this way, and people of that age are that way, and this is how you think, and this is how everyone thinks, and this is what everyone does, and.." etc. Combine this with the entire inaneness of the "dating" mentality and it's no wonder so many people are unhappy. I'm really not attacking or directly referring to anyone so please don't get me wrong here. It's just interesting to see. I just don't relate to any single approach in this thread at all when it comes to the other gender. It's hard to understand. I am a diehard cynic, and I am totally aware people can be grouped together in many different ways, in fact it's one of the reasons I enjoy forums so much, is the observational effect. The problem is just that there is a lot of vagueness when it comes to these generalizations, even in the positive lights, and I just simply don't approach a relationship that way. I know exactly what I want and that's what I want and it isn't as broad as the girl being funny, liking the movies, or being mature, and as far as I'm concerned anyone from the legal age of consent on could possess those properties. 'Kids' can be plenty dumb, but let's remember too who they learned it from.

And for the record:

Why if a guy has sex with 20 women he is a hero and the girl who has sex with 20 guys is a whore?

Both whores.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If both are in genuinely in Love and over 18, then there is nothing wrong.
The only wrong things I see in this thread is how other people look at you. You shouldnt be worried by that, what matter is your happiness. Its your lives, not theirs.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
If both are in genuinely in Love and over 18, then there is nothing wrong.
The only wrong things I see in this thread is how other people look at you. You shouldnt be worried by that, what matter is your happiness. Its your lives, not theirs.

What if one is 17? LOL

You see life is very grey, nothing is that black and white, but humans like to make things too simple, because it's easier to feel in control of the world around us.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The best female dating age IMO would be 27. By 27 women have a real disdain for most of the boring, loser guys they’ve slept with, and want to start acting out their own fantasies before they feel too old. Plus by 27 they’ve developed optimum thrust muscles and are smart enough to add to a conversation..
But I don’t have any problems with older guys dating younger women, though most young American girls today are far too immature.

I sat next to a much, much older woman getting her hair done the other day, and she looked impeccable very classy, very sexy. I thought I’d definitely date her, if she was a lady-cougar type.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Why if a guy has sex with 20 women he is a hero and the girl who has sex with 20 guys is a whore?

Both whores.

And THAT is equality. I would have been delighted to see you say either you didn't mind it or they are all evil. either way you treated them both the same.

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I actually prefer older guys,thought i might throw that in there =P

10-20 years older than i am.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It comes down to that men and women are programmed genetically with different goals and purpose in their lives.

A mans goal is to reproduce as much as possible.

A womans goal is security for her offspring.

Women like old men because of the security that generally come from an older man.

Its been like that ever since the beginning of modern courting.

Wasent Juliet like 14 or 15 years old?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I disargee with everything you say lady...im 19 and my bf is 29...its a state of mind thing....im very mature and he's not a "father figure" as u put it...we both balance each other out...i bring excitement to the relationship and he brings wisdom to the relationship...its just the same as older women dating younger men??....any comments on that...if ur daughter brought home a younger man home what would u say about that...or even if she did bring home a older man theres NOTHING u could do about it, shes considered a young adult and she has a right to be with whom ever she wants.....GET OVER NO1 CARES WHAT BOTHERS U.....GO DO SOMETHING EXCITING IN UR LIFE AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PPL AND THEIR LIFE.........bye

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join