It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Great Seal of the United States Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Secrets of the Great Seal of the United States Revealed

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Conspiracy theorists take note: The myths surrounding one of America's oldest and most enduring national symbols are about to be debunked ... if you believe the government, that is.

The keepers of the Great Seal of the United States, the emblem on the back of the US$1 bill, want you to know what it is not. It is not a sign that Freemasons run the country, it has nothing to do with the occult, and it does not contain clues to a fabulous hidden treasure.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is just interesting....Why in the world do they even bother releasing this info? There is so much evidence that the Freemasons were involved in the making of the U.S. Maybe I am wrong, but something is not right about this...
I will comment more later after I get back from town...

www.foxnews.com

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Very interesting find. Still unsure of the symbolic importance of the pyramid and the all seeing eye. That was not explained at all. I sure would like to see the exhibit.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi AnnukaiX,
Yes I am very curious to see the exhibit myself and what it will entail. Well I gotta get into town...I will comment more later on today.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

"People are just not aware of the complexity and intent of the symbolism and what our Founding Fathers were trying to do with it," said Priscilla Linn, senior curator at the U.S. Diplomacy Center.

She is absolutely correct about the complexity of the symbolism, because the symbols have several inherent facets and interpretations, and using them in concert generates other meanings as well.

To deny the masonic symbolism of the great seal, however, flies in the face of what she states. Many founding fathers were high-level masons, and our ally, France, was rife with aristocratic masons at the time of our Revolution.

They were so caught up in the vogue for freemasonry that they were building masonic gardens on their estates, replete with broken columns, pyramids, and Templar ruins.

Hard to believe that it is mere coincidence we find the eye of Horus and a pyramid on our seal yet it is not from masonic influence, though masonry was flourishing at this period. The influences are there, perhaps not preponderant, but it is misleading to deny them.

Seems the Dept. of State doth protest too much.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The secret is that the sides of the pyramid are 5 and 12, which gives the magic 13 pythagoras number. 5² + 12² = 13²
The number 13 can be found everywhere on the dollar.
It shows also 47th Problem of Euclid.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Also, let's look at the architecture of Washington DC and the colonial period. It was predominantly Greek and Roman, echoing an ancient democracy and republic. The obelisk is relatively recent.

Why on earth would you want the seal of a newly founded democratic republic to depict the burial chambers of pharaohs? Perhaps the most powerful dictatorial autocrats that ever ruled? Demigods?

Just a little reality check; take a few steps back and look at the big picture here.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ah the seal rears its ugly head again.

Well kiddies where do I begin? First off I should say that seal and the one on the dollar bill are similar and yet completely different from the real seal. I have one of the press blanks but not the carriage it goes in or the impression sides. These were produced as educational items by I believe the franklin mint for the bi centennial.

The occult representation has been written for half a century now and can be read about in a book called The Teachings of the Masters. Its online at the denver spiritual site, so no i'm not pushing books.

The big questions are always the same.

1. Why the pyramid and eye? We were a broke and poor risk when it was selected. It made us look very solid and the eye of God made us appear just. No other reasons to speak of, other than what Clymer relates. We needed to look like a solid bet and a sound investment.

2. Are the mason or illuminati involved? Nope nope and nope to the rest of the icke paranoia. There are in fact several versions of this seal that are in use today. At the base of the one on the dollar bill are weeds. This one is for the profane. Some will have different things depending on the group that uses it but none that do have the mottos that is strictly for the govt. Start looking at them and you will see the differences. These other secret groups, none of which is connected to the masons or illuminati, took on their own versions of the seal long after it was used by the fed, and each version is changed considerably so as not to construe connection with govt. The capstone is even seated on some to denote a mandatory relationship with God. The all seeing eye of God used to be a very common symbol, that was not connected with masonry, and can be found in the older books of symbols. When few could read these universal symbols became important. Today few of the older symbols are ever used. An older dictionary of symbols from the 1800s can confirm this.

3. Is it really a phoenix? Nope it always has been an eagle, however the engraving work was not done very well to begin with and it was brought closer to a live bald eagle later on instead of the sloppy golden eagle representation.

So now I will add: Not a Mason, have studied the seal in depth and own several versions in various form for study. There are simply no mysteries there.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

This is just interesting....Why in the world do they even bother releasing this info? There is so much evidence that the Freemasons were involved in the making of the U.S. Maybe I am wrong, but something is not right about this...
I will comment more later after I get back from town...

www.foxnews.com

They never said there was NO Freemason influence on the seal. In fact, they admit that some symbols may have been taken from Masonry.

However, the vast majority of those on the committee to create the seal, where not Masons.

Ben Franklin, the only Mason, had his idea chucked, because it was not good enough.

Masonry had quite a bit to do with the founding as well - that is, enlightenment ideas taken from Masonry, and gifted the constitution.

If Masonry intended to "rule the world" ... they would have.

When they offered FREEMASON GEORGE WASHINGTON the title of KING.

And that Freemason, denied it.

Knowledge is power people.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I know the head on the eagle does move to look at the arrows in a time of war because it was changed to look that way on 9/12/01, I remember seeing it in the oval office that day.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
1. Why the pyramid and eye? We were a broke and poor risk when it was selected.

This is just my take, but I believe the pyramid represents the society 'they' set up. It shows that the money/capitalism is a pyramid scheme basically. The large pyramid symbolises the common people (working class, middle class). The smaller 'cap stone' symbolises the ruling classes, who have their own hierarchy the same as the common people, but the common people will never get into the ruling class, thus the separation.
The eye indicates that 'they' control the lower pyramid; us...

[edit on 12/2/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Illahee
1. Why the pyramid and eye? We were a broke and poor risk when it was selected.

This is just my take, but I believe the pyramid represents the society 'they' set up. It shows that the money/capitalism is a pyramid scheme basically. The large pyramid symbolises the common people (working class, middle class). The smaller 'cap stone' symbolises the ruling classes, who have their own hierarchy the same as the common people, but the common people will never get into the ruling class, thus the separation.
The eye indicates that 'they' control the lower pyramid; us...

[edit on 12/2/2008 by ANOK]

Well no, not at all. Read the selection I referenced above and I believe it is in the first portion of the second chapter he elab orates as to the reasoning. Then reference the author to the whos who in America based on the dates. He was in his time the worlds foremost occult authority. One of his books covers Masonry, and he covers around 20 differing groups over many volumes. The church of illumination also uses a similar seal, so he was well aware of what he related, and researched it quite deeply.

Your line of reasoning is a very valid one but there is documented truth on the subject. Some of those theories are icke whispers echoing still.

If you want to play for a bit reference all of the differing dates at the bottom, if there is a foundation and if there are three steps. Its a fun search but it ends in disapointment in the fact there is really nothing there but a fancy logo.

The seal with the eagle is impressed in documents, but the question is why there is another side? Well some items were sealed with ribbon and wax a couple hundred years ago, and one side was used on each side of the wax medallion. Well this fell out of favor with sealing envelopes with wax and now we have a side that is never used. Teddy did some of his own graphic changes on the dollar bill to express artistic license and so we have the weeds and a couple of other features.

Now that OIA seal? fageddaboudit....

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I love how it doesnt mention its a talsimen at all just nothing to see hmmm k.

heres a tip guys start with it being a talsimen a image ina circle with 2 sides.

to harness magical power.

now why would we want a magical spell on our money i dunno but its definetly there for a reason.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
I love how it doesnt mention its a talsimen at all just nothing to see hmmm k.

heres a tip guys start with it being a talsimen a image ina circle with 2 sides.

to harness magical power.

now why would we want a magical spell on our money i dunno but its definetly there for a reason.

I think you may need to do some research. Almost every country on earth has a seal and almost all of them are double sided. It fits in a document press like every other countries does. It presses a seal in documents exactly like all the rest. It is used to show the document is authentic because there is a controlled impression just like a notary does.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Masonic Disinfo hitting the Main Stream Media, smells like a panic to me and I'm seeing a great deal of effort recently on the part of Freemasons to disassociate themselves with both their occultic nature, their hermetical iconography, and their judiac kabbalist origins. Anybody that follows that follows their history well enough should recognise the pattern by now, people are starting to figure things out, and their trying to reassure the profane masses they've been exploiting. Welcome to the New World Freemasonry, looks like your going to have to share it after all.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
probably nothing to do with this at all but isn't dan brown's new book 'the solomon key' due out this year?

perhaps someone passed him some real information to include in it. you just KNOW its gonna be a bestseller so best to start debunking it now (it's apparantly not due out till the end of the year but you never know...)

or maybe it's because there's too much speculation going on now that might be about to hit the nail on the head as to what their hidden plans are really about (do you think when they first designed the dollar and washington streets that the general public would have access to the internet in the future and figure out what was going on for themselves)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hi wrangel, you are correct why bother explaining what the symbol means on our money when for years it has not been brought up by the government. The only reason would be to debunk the symbol printed on our money, would be there are too many questions being asked by the public about the symbol. I believe the public has gotten too close to the truth about the masonic symbol.

Our government is veiled in secrecy there is no accounting and there is very little accountability. The election process for President is in motion and the government officials want the masses to trust them in other words there is a credibility issue on the line.

All our government is asking the people is put your trust in us. Should the paper money that is being printed by the mint say, In Government We Trust or should it say IN God We Trust. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

Hi wrangel, you are correct why bother explaining what the symbol means on our money when for years it has not been brought up by the government. The only reason would be to debunk the symbol printed on our money, would be there are too many questions being asked by the public about the symbol. I believe the public has gotten too close to the truth about the masonic symbol.

The pyramid is reintroduced again a few years ago. See:
en.wikipedia.org...
In God we trust, all the rest we monitor.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

13 steps on the pyramid might as well mean 13 different classes in the caste system from extremely poor to extremely wealthy.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There are now 4 threads on this issue. Maybe even more.
What thread should be used ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join