It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which American Accent do YOU have? Take the Quiz!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
According to the test, I'm North Central. Don't know about that now...lolol...I've been told that I have somewhat of an Irish lilt to my voice. What the 'who and the hey'. We're all Heinze 57's to some degree eh?

This is a 'reading/comprehension' thingy (don't worry it's just a few simple questions) and determines how YOU perceive words. "How does the word sound to you?"

Are you ready?

TAKE THE QUIZ!

Mine:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

~Ducky~

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, what d'ya know, I have no American accent (or 'The Midland') according to the quiz. It says my voice is good enough for TV and radio.

[edit on 2008-2-12 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

What a lot of crap. I'm English. I speak the Queen's version of said language!

Actually I get asked if I'm an Aussie quite a lot and after a few drinks I'm souff London.

S'all gravy mate.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

You're from England? The test probably doesn't take into account foreign accents.

Here's mine:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

1) The Midland 2) Boston 3) North Central 4) The South 5) The Inland North 6) Philadelphia 7) The Northeast

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It says I have a midland accent (midwest) which means I have no accent at all according to the quiz. This is totally wrong because I am from Minnesota and I'm sure you've all seen the movie Fargo. It's a bit exaggerated but it's true...we do have an accent. I used to work in a call center and I was told by customers all over the country that they could tell I was from Minnesota.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cool quiz!
Mine is midland, followed closely by the west. Makes sense I guess... I lived half my life in California and half in Missouri.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Hey Ducky! I got the same results as you.
Surprise surprise.
Wow! Outsiders mistake us for Canadian!!!! LOLZ!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love accents, it represents cultures also. Sometimes it actually makes people uncomfortable. But accents and languages are beautiful. I never thought about having an accent since the way I speak is the norm in my area.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a midland accent. I'm so proud.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Funny thing about this quiz is that it was created by some dude named "Xavier Kun."

I wonder what kind of accent he has. lol

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Mine was midwest, but, if you heard me, you would KNOW I was from the South.
Born near Atlanta.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It said i was from New York, so i suppose it is accurate.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Lots of Midlands here. Count me in.

I thought I had a Nevada accent.
You better know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
know when to walk away &
know when to run!

Ya can't buy fresh farm eggs at the Chicken Ranch either!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have a southern accent apparently. Never really thought I did though lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I was thinking the same thing.

Midland accent here. Fun quiz, When I lived in Seattle I did begin to detect a slight southern drawl, but nothing compared to really what I hear from other Southerners.

So I have a voice for radio or tv, I'm ready for the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No wonder I can't get a conversation going with my fellow Okie neighbors-I apparently have a midland accent/no accent/sound like I'm from Boston accent.

Yep. That's pretty gol'darned funny.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Indland North

This is odd, I have only lived here three years and now I sound like them.

I wish I could have kept my very neutral accent.
Absolutely fun thread.

WIS

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
According to this I have a Boston accent. However that is incorrect as I have a nice Colorado non Accent. non decernable and perfect in every way. LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Monkey, Something in common, I'm North East.

Actually that's quite accurate....North East England that is!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta."

Lol, nope not even close to being from the west. but I do live in Fl. right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join