It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying saucer spotted over Portsmouth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A photographer who stopped on a whim to take some pictures at night might have chanced upon a real UFO.

Cynics will dismiss the orange-tinged image showing what appears to be a flying saucer as some kind of technical wizardry to trick of the light.

But experts are already saying it could be the real deal and show a UFO in flight above the UK.

Hab Rahman, a keen photographer, was stunned to see the image in the background when he looked again at some pictures he had taken at night.

The 28-year-old, from Portsmouth, Hants, was driving home from work through thick fog when he decided to stop and get some snaps of the eerie setting.

He pulled up and went to take the shots from a car park near Commercial Road, Portsmouth, just after midnight.

It was not until he got home and transferred the shots onto his computer that he spotted the mysterious glowing object.

Source

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hrmm...interesting.
Very cool picture(s), I have noticed that this tends to happen a lot also, that someone will be taking photos of general things, and inadvertently capture an oddity on film, never noticing it during the photo taking itself.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, thats an awesome picture, so very clear

The only problem I have with it, is whether or not it would be that visible within the fog. I guess it depends on what height the fog was at on the night. Anyone able to dig up the weather observations for portsmouth on that date?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If someone had video and picture proof of a UFO that was clear as day and witnessed by a large number of people , there would be some jerk saying "its all fake" because they believe we are the only life form within a Billion miles.

The pics look authentic to me , I just wish for a ship to land in broad daylight in a city where it cant be called fake or Swamp gas/weather baloon to prove to the debunkers that we are not the only life form within a Billion miles.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What gets me the most is the arrogence of the MOD..

"The Ministry of Defence would not comment on individual sightings and said they could not check if there were any aircrafts in the vicinity at the time.

An MoD spokesperson said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

What "threat" do's one need for them to step in and help find the truth?..oh yeah, it has to be hostile!
What airspace has been invaded if you don't want anything to do with it in the first place?... See nothing, do nothing...behind the scenes they have checked on this, and it was on their radar as well!

Portsmouth has a Navy Base, so I should think that they are very concerned about this.

Lies and denial as useual from the MOD!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

The only problem I have with it, is whether or not it would be that visible within the fog. I guess it depends on what height the fog was at on the night. Anyone able to dig up the weather observations for portsmouth on that date?

That's not fog it's sand there may be fog mixed with it. BUt it just looks so much like sand. I know it's the this is a foggy part of the world..I've just never seen yellow fog. And it's easier to see in the sand because sand reflects more light...Unfortunately you get sand in your eyes.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is indeed an interesting picture. Perhaps some of the experts on these boards could say if it's too clear. I'm just wondering if the UFO is obscured enough considering the fog that is heavilly diffusing the light sources in the rest of the image...?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Awesome picture!

Looks like one the old photographs, that people usually took 20+ years ago. Both in the shape of the UFO, but also in the composition of the entire image. Normally I would be sceptical, because of the shape, and the clearness of the photo, and say it might be a reflection of a lamp-post. But this is clearly taken on a parking lot, and the fact there seems to be a light on top of the UFO, clearly removes the lamp-post idea.

The light also makes it looks like that the UFO is lit up, from above. If this is the case, it would *clearly* stand out during the evening! Any other UFO-sightings nearby around that time period?

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 12/2/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like Bob Lazar's "sport " model from S-4...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sand? You got to be joking. I am a weather guy, I think I know fog when I see it. The fog itself is not yellow, its the lights within it reflecting of the moisture in the air. Next time your in a dark outdoor area eg, the coutryside, check the colour of the bottom of any low clouds that are present. You will notice that the light source below them gives off the same colour

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good photo!It does indeed look like one of the original flying saucer shapes from the 50's upwards.

I hope who ever was flying that didnt land in Portsmouth,if they did I hope they made it back home safely

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Mods,

Please invite "jritzmann" our image expert to analyse this picture, which I feel looks very promising...

thanks,
C

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Cool photo! What's interesting to me about it is that it is clearly illuminated on the underside from the street lights below it, and that it has its own source of illumination on the topside. Maybe its own set of fog lamps?
Really good photo, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yep, it is definately a pic of something. It may even be flying - hard to tell as it is not a video but a still pic and the fact I wasn't there doesn't help at all. I doubt many skeptics, like myself would call it fake because well, it is truely there as far as I can see. That said, does it always have to be of extra terrestrial origin, or from the future or even from another dimension?
I think not. I know that this pic or none of the others in fact have convinced me that we are being visited or otherwise interacting with life from somewhere else. I know rational thoughts like this hurts the feelings of "ET" believers and for that I am truely sorry.

Vance

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
Cool photo! What's interesting to me about it is that it is clearly illuminated on the underside from the street lights below it, and that it has its own source of illumination on the topside. Maybe its own set of fog lamps?
Really good photo, in my opinion.

Street lights illuminate downwards, not upwards - allowing light to escape upwards is inefficient, theres no need for it.

Therefore I suspect this is a fake & the artistic addition of a UFO with the same colouration as the street lamps gives it away for me.

Please could the original poster admit it so we can stop wasting time with fake pictures & spend our time on useful anomolies.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
Hrmm...interesting.
Very cool picture(s), I have noticed that this tends to happen a lot also, that someone will be taking photos of general things, and inadvertently capture an oddity on film, never noticing it during the photo taking itself.

I dont think there is any fog, I think its the exposure, the kind you use for "romantic" pictures.

It would be easy to double check the weather conditions.

In addition, in the UK a road like that has a high chance of having CCTV, so it would even easier to prove/dismiss.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by dshut69]

[edit on 12-2-2008 by dshut69]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I blew it up for further discussion and analysis. I saw a ufo once but I was so dumbstruck trying to digest what I was observing that I didn't even think of getting a camera. I try to keep my camera ready to go since then.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
this looks a great deal like one of billy miers pictures, and the "filter" mentioned above would be sepia ( on my camera at least) but it seems to yellow for that, if there is fog then it would reflect light in all directions.

the thing that strikes me as odd is that the "UFO" is clear, no "starring" effect like the street lights ( except for the top light ) I think this is BM Vers 2.0.

IF this is a real object in the photo then it has no historical precedent in public sciences ( except for the Avro "car ) Unless some of you can find other resources that show circular aircraft, Technology is not produced in a vacuum, it's more like a set of stairs, each step based on the one previous. show me the first step.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by thedigirati]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have to say this is a nice photo. I don't really have any explanation for what it could be . Best i could figure if it IS a hoax . They had someone off frame toss the object and then snapped a few(or one) photo. Defiantly looks like it is closer and lower than the fog. But i guess that depends on if there is a light on top of it .

Thanks for bringing this one here . Star/flag

[EDIT: BTW light DOES reflect off the ground . Believe it or not]

[edit on 12-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

That's not fog it's sand there may be fog mixed with it. But it just looks so much like sand. I know it's the this is a foggy part of the world..I've just never seen yellow fog. And it's easier to see in the sand because sand reflects more light...Unfortunately you get sand in your eyes.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by projectvxn]

This area of Portsmouth has yellow/orange street lighting so the fog would show up as orange. I will take a look at the view from this area tomorrow on the way to work. I am sure that this picture was taken facing towards the Spinnaker tower. If this is the case then what could be seen is the aircraft warning light on the top of the tower. If I can I will attempt to get a picture in daylight facing the same direction

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join