It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible thylacine sighting in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Recent report of a possible thylacine sightings.

"I can guarantee you there is a feral animal of some sort out there with short hair and stripes on the side; if someone says that description matches a tiger than I would say it is a tiger," he said.

Interesting theory on how the tasmanian tiger got there,

Mr Moss has a theory that tigers were introduced to Wilsons Promontory between 1910 and 1915. "The timing is interesting because there are no records of tiger sightings until after 1912,"

In November 1998 he videotaped what he claims was a thylacine in East Gippsland. The grainy footage can be found on YouTube.

I think this might be the youtube video. I can never figure out how to embed these things. To me this doesn't look like a thylacine, but I have only seen black and white photos.
www.youtube.com...

source

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It looks like a feral dog with mange to me, the hunched back ways of pulling/eating reminds me of dingo videos I've seen on pbs.
But I have never seen how a thylacine eats so it could be.I hope it is a thylacine. The "last know footage" vidoes break my heart.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a update.

50 reported sightings of Thylacines in Australia from 1964 to this year.

link

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would love to think that thylacines had come back from the dead - I agree that the last known footage is very sad - but I don't think that is the case. I can't access the YouTube footage from work, but the best way to identify a thylacine, if its coat is not obvious, is by the size of its gape.

Were such an animal to still exist in the Antipodes I think there would have been more than 50 reported sightings.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

i saw the thylacine at these twice in 1997 also i allowed moss 2 come on one of my trips he was very loud in the bush he kept mucking around with my 2 boys i felt like sapping him he wanted 2 kill one 2 prove they were there he is a f... wit he only cares about the money 4 the first photos i warn all the tribal people of aust do not help this man so speaks a son of the ngarrindjeri.. coorong.. sa..pelican black swan

top topics

join