It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Photograph? What a Fake!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Here’s something interesting I found on this web site. If Chuck Shramek, who’s home page it is, is to be believed, then this photograph on the Moon published in a book that Alan Shepard wrote with Deke Slayton, screams FAKE! How so? Take a look:

On the Moon?
Apollo 14 - Edgar Mitchel and Alan B. Shepard.
Courtesy: Chuck Shramek

Now check this out:

> Both Edgar Mitchel and Alan B. Shepard, are in the frame. So who took the pic? Was there a hi-res remote camera?

> If yes, then how was the shot so timed to catch the golf ball in mid air?

> The photograph has been taken from a much higher level than the astronauts. How come? Was it strung high on a pole? Where did they get one from?

> Pretty big ‘golf ball’, what?

> Why is it that both astronauts have different light intensity on their space suits? Who’s been 'cut and pasted' on the picture?

> Note the missing shadow of the satellite dish!

> Shadows cast by the legs of the dish look pretty strange.

Now here’s more on 'cover-ups' which seems to be the order of the day at NASA (Never A Straight Answer). This is what Ken Johnston had to say:

Ken Johnston, the man who taught the astronauts how to fly the lunar module told me the story of this particular mission. He says that while they were looking at the film of the mission right after its return, three objects were seen from lunar orbit streaking across a crater. As the brightly lit objects passed over the crater, a puff of smoke rose from the floor of the crater. Ken says everyone in the room was stunned. When Ken commented about the high strangeness of the objects the next day, his boss suddenly got stupid and asked, "what are you talking about?" Ken got the film and it had already been "gotten to" - the mysterious object segment was gone!

There could be many more anomalies, but perhaps this is sufficient evidence that this photograph is a fake! So why fake it? We did go to the Moon, yes?

Cheers!

Ref: (Scroll about two thirds of the way down).
www.techmonkeys.org...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ugh being up this early sucks. Anyway, it was JUST the TWO of them on that mission?!? There was noone else? It is strange because the terrain is pretty flat and it looks as if the person who took the picture was standing on a hill.

Don't the people who are supposedly 'in charge' think the little details through before they pull something off like this?!?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why the lack of response to this thread?
The anomalies listed by Mike seem pretty straightforward and true anomalies, anyone care to shed some light on the this one?

I guess I'll go first with the golf ball timed perfectly:
Perhaps this image is a still from a movie, or the shot was time-lapsed set images to go off every second or shorter to capture the ball in flight.

If it was a movie camera, explains the ghost photographer also. However I don't know what equipment they were afforded on the mission. Anyone?

[edit on 9-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

> Both Edgar Mitchel and Alan B. Shepard, are in the frame. So who took the pic? Was there a hi-res remote camera?

They set up remote camera(s) to take video. They had at least one camera that was controlled from Houston.

Possibly a still from the video, though it could be from a different camera.

> The photograph has been taken from a much higher level than the astronauts. How come? Was it strung high on a pole? Where did they get one from?

Here's some video from Apollo 14, including the golf shot. (In color but not very high res.)
history.nasa.gov...

Yeah. If only the cups on Earth could accommodate that ball, I'd bring my handicap quite a bit.

> Why is it that both astronauts have different light intensity on their space suits? Who’s been 'cut and pasted' on the picture?

Possibly to do with their being angled in the sunlight a tad differently.

That does look odd. I can see the shadow of the three legs joining in sunlight but, looking at the dish itself, it would appear that the "crotch" of the tripod should be in the shadow of the disk. Hmm.

> Shadows cast by the legs of the dish look pretty strange.

They just look to me like they're following the contour of the ground.

Ken Johnston, the man who taught the astronauts how to fly the lunar module* told me the story of this particular mission. He says that while they were looking at the film of the mission right after its return, three objects were seen from lunar orbit streaking across a crater. As the brightly lit objects passed over the crater, a puff of smoke rose from the floor of the crater. Ken says everyone in the room was stunned. When Ken commented about the high strangeness of the objects the next day, his boss suddenly got stupid and asked, "what are you talking about?" Ken got the film and it had already been "gotten to" - the mysterious object segment was gone!

*Oh, dear. Don't get me started on Ken Johnston again. But, suffice it to say, I seriously doubt that Neil Armstrong, Jim Lovell, Pete Conrad or any other LEM pilot has ever heard of one Ken Johnston.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
On second thought, I traced the tripod's shadow's angle using the known quantity of the bulbous part of the dish's central prong. (Don't let all the technical nomenclature throw ya.)

Seems the tripod's crotch is actually off-camera. The shadow must be an optical illusion created by the slope of the ground relative to the camera.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay - I'll take a few.

Did they have tripods for cameras back then? Yes. Would easily explain the origin of the camera.

Did cameras back then have timers for self portraits? Yes, even the ones my family had back then and it wouldn't be that hard to set up an "action sports shot" like the one they did in this photo.Trial and error, until you get the timing down, even a 10 year old kid could do it.

If you look at the shadows, you'll notice how long they are. Now Notice how the tripod legs shadow of of the dish are much narrower then the real legs from the cameras perspective. Then notice how narrow the shadow is for the astronaut who's shadow is next to the dish.

Also, maybe the dish itself is reflecting light coming from the surface and lighting up its own shadow. Or it is so thin and at the perfect angle that the light is not blocked enough & therefore its shadow cast is unnoticeable.

Or simply off camera as the Tuning Spork suggests.

It appears to me like there is another object shadowing the darker astronaut the reason he is still lit up well even though he's in a shadow is because there's so much reflection off the surface lighting him up.

Very bright & out of focus. I'm not an expert photographer, but the brightness seems to blossom like an old monitor would blossom out of focus when an entity becomes to bright on the screen. Perhaps a photography expert could better explain this effect/artifact.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Richard Hoagland and Mike Bara make a comment about this picture in their book "Dark Mission" ....great book by the way.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Looks to me like the object in the air is not a golf ball, but rather the planet earth from the view on the moon! If that is the case then your theory may be skewed. A Golf ball would not be that big unless it was moving closer to the camera than the guy who hit it. However if you look over just to the left of the flag you can see a purple zebra!

new topics

top topics

join