It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Thats the best way to put it. There is extremist on all religions. Period.

Looks like we agree here.

I'd even take it a step further and state that extremism occurs in everything. Even the sciences.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Every group has risen up to hurt others, enmasse, for no other reason than disagreement on what happens when it's all over with (probably the singlemost stupid thing to kill people for). We let the big wigs convince us that it's the other guy's fault, and the thing grows out of control. As far as i can tell, the fear of the "christian right" and "muslims" has been artificially manufactured and kept stimulated via the press and its various extensions and via other religious belief systems (such as paganism, satanism, communism, and various cults all vying for a piece of the pie).
If you keep banging that drum, one day you're going to find you have become your very own version of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin or Pol Pot.

If YOU want to stop it, just quit giving it credence, cause that's basically what fuels these problems in the first place: blaming someone else and then banging that war drum till people die, lots of people.

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
your quote by hitler is certainly a good example of christian extremisim. however, he was a man who had total control of a government and an army. and he was a lunitic. i believe everyone can agree there. it is also a good case for seperation of powers.

but im not sure what your saying here.

And if that is not enough, many atrocities commited here against blacks during the civil right era was perpetrated by white "christians". Go to church in the morning and hunt for african americans at night.

if your aluding to the KKK, i dont think you can find anyone who follows thier retarted points of view anymore. and if you do, they are shamed and ridiculed in public. some pockets of support do exist, but hardly an example of growing christian extremisim.

All religion has their extremist, is just that here of course you wont see the MSM telling us about whats going on here.

im curious about this statement. what do you see going on with respect to christian extremisim and the OP?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
hitler was NOT a christian.
he used christian ideals to get them on the bandwagon and then reverted the entire thing to worship of their german pagan heritage. he was really into all that valkyrie stuff, thor, odin and so forth. it wasn't just an interest for him, it was his prevailing faith which he coupled with evolutionary theory, and used as a springboard to rid the population of undesirables.

which is exactly what some of you are suggesting now: Let's rid the earth of christians and muslims, the undesirables, because it's their fault. when fact of the matter is, most christians and muslims haven't the foggiest notion what you're even talking about, much less taking part in some destroy the earth fantasy.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

First I would not include Alternet as a MSM outlet. Not even ATS by that matter.

Second, when I did my reference yes I was referencing the KKK, many of you guys are young to remember but the legacy of those groups still leaves and they count as extremist, ignoring and ridicule them dont change the fact that they still here and they exist, even if it is to a lesser degree.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Bunch]

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
hitler was NOT a christian.
he used christian ideals to get them on the bandwagon and then reverted the entire thing to worship of their german pagan heritage. he was really into all that valkyrie stuff, thor, odin and so forth. it wasn't just an interest for him, it was his prevailing faith which he coupled with evolutionary theory, and used as a springboard to rid the population of undesirables.

i thought this may be correct, but, i didn't want to argue the point. thanks for the clairification.

JSR

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by JSR

First I would not include Alternet as a MSM outlet. Not even ATS by that matter.

not sure what you mean here.

on the second point.
but groups like those are not growing. they are shrinking. i thought the OP was about growing christian extremisim? i could be wrong though.

many of my generation could really care less what color or religion you are. as long as your not a jackass. everything is cool.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Although I do also think that Hitler was not a Christian. The excerpt that I quoted from his speech I used it merely as a reference that anyone can step to a podium pound their chest saying something that other people will believe and inspired them to commit the most heinous atrocities. And it looks if we go back throughout human history that religion is the cause of many of them.

That same chest pounding goes on today on many churches, mosques and synagogues.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
some extremists feel it is their responsibility to do whatever is necessary to save their acreage or expand it. first you have to name the enemy, then you have to set out to destroy that enemy.

guess what, the only enemy most christians are intent on destroying is their own shortcomings and that by their own power. i'm very suspicious of the mainstream news suddenly coming out of left field stating that christians are controlling the vote in this country. that's actually laughable. who voted in the president? i thought the machines were tampered with ? but if you listen to the finger pointers, the christians voted in bush, voted in the war, voted in the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people (just what do you recall of this entire thing to begin with? he was supposed to go get osama in afghanistan!!!! no one voted for him to go to iraq and start a war, but that's not how they tell it on the news.)

[edit on 12-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I can agree that the muslim extremism seems to be more. I'd just like to know if you are getting your views from propaganda news sources? I'm sure in places where there is only Al Jezeera, those people probably only hear about the fanatical christians too.

no mate, I keep an open mind and access as many sources as possible, much of the media in the UK are just lackeys to the political class

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thats the best way to put it. There is extremist on all religions. Period.

no it isn't and such head in the sand attitudes makes conflict MORE, not less likely

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Although I do also think that Hitler was not a Christian. The excerpt that I quoted from his speech I used it merely as a reference that anyone can step to a podium pound their chest saying something that other people will believe and inspired them to commit the most heinous atrocities. And it looks if we go back throughout human history that religion is the cause of many of them.

That same chest pounding goes on today on many churches, mosques and synagogues.

this is not true, there is no comparison to what is poured out of mosques compared with churches and synagogues, this deflection and swerving over misplaced fears about offence is just cowardly

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Most christians and jews (not sure about muslims), don't go to church or synagogue at all. The vast majority are either out of the churches and synagogues due to real life responsibilites, sickness or a desire to distance themselves from what they view as a system that has been infiltrated by those with ulterior motives and corrupted. They still practice but they practice where they are. So to assume the preachers are speaking to and for the vast majority of people of that faith, is not only presumptious it is incorrect.

However, the news and various secular books are constantly promoting hate of christians, when most of the time, it's just political spin left over from the Cold War

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
no it isn't and such head in the sand attitudes makes conflict MORE, not less likely

Comming to the conclusion that there is extremism in all religions causes more conflict?

How?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Comming to the conclusion that there is extremism in all religions causes more conflict?

How?

Let me clarify, apparently the extent of the debate for that poster is that because any religion can have extermists, that is the end of the discussion, or as he puts it "period".

This would be of the school of thought that thinks violence around the world in conflicts, terror attacks, oppression etc are being carried out equally (or even remotely equally) amongst christians, jews, muslims etc

Quite simply it isn't and one religion stands head and shoulders (on a giant) above the rest combined

It may not be the truth that they find palatable, but it does not make it any less the truth- the only hope Islam has of achieving some sort of enlightenment is when truth is discussed, not just glossed over for fear of offence

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

there is extremism in all religions causes more conflict?

correction: there is extremism in all belief systems. this includes: you are god, thor is god, zeus is god, the government is god, your apple tree is god, satan is god, and so on.

if i may quote, here's an excerpt from the Muppets take Manhattan: "Peoples is peoples."

Could we stop the blame game now?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Quite simply it isn't and one religion stands head and shoulders (on a giant) above the rest combined

I don't think so. The singlemost violent belief system on the planet is the one of unbelief. Had any of the people claiming to be adherents of any one of several moral platforms, actually paid attention to the premise of those platforms, none of this would've happened. In short, it isn't any particular religion or belief system that causes the anguish but the human condition.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I don't think so. The singlemost violent belief system on the planet is the one of unbelief. Had any of the people claiming to be adherents of any one of several moral platforms, actually paid attention to the premise of those platforms, none of this would've happened. In short, it isn't any particular religion or belief system that causes the anguish but the human condition.

must be just a fantastic series of continued, sustained and odds defying coincidences then for that particular religion then

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think most of us are in agreement that extremism occurs in most, if not all, religions.
The difference is in how the extremism manifests itself.

Despite it's history, current Christian extremism tends to manifest itself in acts of excessive self flaggelation, extreme rhetoric and strict adherence to religious dogma and practices.

Muslim extremism seems to manifest itself also in extreme rhetoric and strict adherence to religious dogma and practices, but also in an all encompassing intolerance of other belief systems and a belief in the advancement of their extremist beliefs at all costs by any means.

Whilst Christian missionaries spread their faith through teaching and preaching , (allbeit with far too excessive zeal for my liking), Muslims extremists use Sharia Law and terrorism.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I think most of us are in agreement that extremism occurs in most, if not all, religions.
The difference is in how the extremism manifests itself.

Despite it's history, current Christian extremism tends to manifest itself in acts of excessive self flaggelation, extreme rhetoric and strict adherence to religious dogma and practices.

Muslim extremism seems to manifest itself also in extreme rhetoric and strict adherence to religious dogma and practices, but also in an all encompassing intolerance of other belief systems and a belief in the advancement of their extremist beliefs at all costs by any means.

Whilst Christian missionaries spread their faith through teaching and preaching , (allbeit with far too excessive zeal for my liking), Muslims extremists use Sharia Law and terrorism.

thank you, a sensible post

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join