It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

I'd appreciate you get the facts about the waco story. If you think the "Davidians" and their polygamy participating quasi God Prophet were Christians you are wrong.

Actually that was my example of a religious based group that was very extreme from what they based their religion on. The point was they were very extreme and we see this also in the Muslim world where extremist group do acts that Koran does not allow, suicide for one thing.

I wasn't suggesting that Davidians represent anything Christian, but they viewed themselves as Christians, is this not what we see in the Middle East too? The problem is the majority does not speak against it in the Middle East and many times they praise it. Whether it is David or a Muslim Cleric they both can, did and will speak their version of a religion and this is what makes extremist what they are.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Originally posted by Conspiriology

their is nothing to talk about with a broken record that "suggest" extremism as the only point to the thread. The title is as deep as this gets.

Con, I understood the thread to be about 3 recently converted Christians whose interpretation of Christianity manifests itself in advocating the wholescale slaughter of the followers of Islam.

No-one ever stated that they were a representation of Christinity as a whole, far from it.

I then thought the thread would develop into discussing just how many extremists there are, how much influence they have, what their motivations are and the reasons for any increase in their numbers.

That it degenerated, for whatever reasons, into an uncivil arguement with little reasoned debate is regrettable.

As I stated in my first post in this thread, we in the UK have little understanding of Christian extremism as religious beliefs are becoming an increasingly personal issue with very little open and public debate.

I would suspect that any increase in Christian "extremism" would be in direct response to the increase in the actions of Muslim fundamentalists and events in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East.

I thought we would have seen a rise in Christian "extremism" in the UK but it appears that the reaction here is manifesting itself as an increase in Nationalism.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Freeborn]

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Con, I understood the thread to be about 3 recently converted Christians whose interpretation of Christianity manifests itself in advocating the wholescale slaughter of the followers of Islam.

First, thanks for responding with something more conversational. Now the three converts seem to be have no interest in killing islam as a whole if not for the pre-prior knowledge and experience they had the many years they were with the muslim terrorists. I get it that their conversion was a change of heart but their new Christianity coupled with the knowledge that if they don't do what they think is necessary as a solution to their survival knowing what they seem to think is the only way to stop it.

If that is how they see this situation I submit from their perspective, what they have said is the answer to it, isn't extreme in the very least. I agree it is extreme measures but I don't agree that puts them on par with BEING extremist. please understand that MY OWN OPINION is that would be the very last resort and one I would regret being forced to to engage in moreover I agree to a large degree that much of this phenomena we see going on is a direct result from years of meddling in their affairs in addition to "Blow Back" we have yet to see manifest from the latest actions notorious for creating it.

No-one ever stated that they were a representation of Christinity as a whole, far from it.

Thanks for that, as you know I get nervous with all this bashing of christianity's convoluted spin off's where concern guilt by association would make things so much more ugly

I then thought the thread would develop into discussing just how many extremists there are, how much influence they have, what their motivations are and the reasons for any increase in their numbers.

Yes THAT would be an interesting discussion, I believe Xtrozero brought up a similar postulate to get a more accurate assesment to define this where lines of demarcation or any discovery of unique theology based distinctions not shared with the mainstream Christianity etc.

I would suspect that any increase in Christian "extremism" would be in direct response to the increase in the actions of Muslim fundamentalists and events in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East.

Well I have to agree that IS a very real posibility but again as we have been misled by this administration, I can call our soldiers extremist for being there but that would not be the case considering the same for Christian's compelled to engage a situation using extreme measures ( that make sense?)

I thought we would have seen a rise in Christian "extremism" in the UK but it appears that the reaction here is manifesting itself as an increase in Nationalism.

What does that mean "nationalism" , is it the same meaning
in the UK

- Con

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

First of all I would say that I recognise that the convert’s opinion is possibly unique in that they have first hand experiences of the workings of Islamic fundamentalists and as such should be considered and understood.
Yes, we have meddled in their affairs far too much, to further agenda's of an elite whose primary concerns are clouded in spin and double talk.
But the conflict is much more deep rooted and reaches back centuries and lies in tribal rivalries, political manoeuvring and religious differences.

But that is no earth shattering revelation to anyone here and has been discussed at length here on ATS.

That we have been lied to and misled by both of our respective governments is reprehensible.

My personal opinion is that we must not come out of Afghanistan until a permanent, workable solution is reached which offers Afghanistan a workable framework to move forward.
I really think we lost an opportunity when the Afghan's opposed the appointment of Paddy Ashdown as UN Special Envoy.

www.abovepolitics.com...'

Iraq is another matter and it'll take greater minds than mine to even begin to unravel root causes and to implement workable solutions.
However, I do know that even though we were misled, would it have moral to allow Saddam Hussein to stay in power?
Again, for other threads I think.

I mention these facts as I think both issues are inextricably linked to the continued rise in Islamic fundamentalism and any subsequent increase in perceived Christian "extremism".

Religion has always been a factor in US politics, at least that is the generally accepted opinion in the UK.
It seems that the Christian "right" are increasingly vocal in expressing their opinions and are seen as a voting bloc akin to Blacks, Women, etc.
As such they can use their voting power to directly influence Presidential policy.
Any increase in their numbers, or their "extremism" therefore increases their influence.
Could we see a radicalisation on abortion issues and closer ties between the state and religious bodies?
And what effect would that have on Foreign Affairs?

In the UK religious beliefs are increasingly a personal issue and public disclosures by eminent people is actively discouraged.
In deed Tony Blair was advised NOT to disclose his religious beliefs and to actively play them down.

There seems to be increasing concern in Britain about the activities, beliefs and influence of a minority of home-grown Muslim extremists who some perceive to be undermining the very fabric of British society.
This too continues to be discussed at length on ATS and is for other threads; however, the reaction to it manifests itself as an increase in National Pride and Heritage, something that some think has been missing in British society for too long.
There is no increase in church numbers and Christian "extremists" quoting Scripture etc.

I suppose an important step to understanding is defining exactly what a Christian “extremist” is.
Some Christians are perceived as "Happy Clappy" Liberals.
Some believe in the literal interpretation of The Bible.
(Creationists are pretty much viewed as being cranks here in the UK by the vast majority of the population).
I suspect my definition of a Christian "extremist" will differ immensely to that of most US members here on ATS.

As such it is difficult for someone like me to gauge the influence of Christians "extremists".

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The 5th (or 6th, depending upon your religion) commandment is:
"Thou shalt not kill."
Anyone that advocates killing another human being could hardly be called a Christian.
People say that religion causes all the wars.
No, it is people who USE religion as an excuse to start wars that are to blame.
The major religions of the world, all have valuable lessons for humanity. It is the twisting of those lessons for evil, that is to blame.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Actualy the comandment reads (when properly translated) Thou shall not murder. It is made very clear in the Scriptures that to kill in time of war, and in self defence is perfectly justified in the eyes of God.
Secondly the muslim exteamist years ago declared war on all of christianity. It's about time someone took that seriously and strikes back. Innocent Christians and Jews are being killed abroad, we must take the fight to them.

As for condeming all muslims for the actions of a few, I totally disagree. The only ones who should be targeted are the extreamists. (and don't bother pointing out how hard it is to tell the differance, we need undercover agents to root out the evil ones.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Actualy the comandment reads (when properly translated) Thou shall not murder

That may be YOUR religion's translation. The Catholic Bible translates it to "Thou shall not KILL"

Catholics and Lutherans regard it as the 5th commandment, while the Hebrew texts and most other Protestant sects regard it as the 6th.
That is the point. Even among Christians, different sects cannot agree. Is it any wonder that people fight over religion?

You seem to be able to quote from the bible, but I guess you are not familiar with Matthew 5:39:

But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other

Or are you one of those Christians that pick and choose which words of Christ you choose to ignore?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There is a very simple difference between Christians and islamists.

That being if a splinter group of radical Christians were doing to Christianity what the islamic radicals are doing to islam, the Christian mainstream would rise up and stop it in its tracks.

Mainstream islamics are viewed to stay very quiet in the face of the extremist assault and that quiet is taken as silent approval.

That is why you see the rise of a so called Christian right who want to eradicate islam.

The message to islamics is "clean your own house or it will be cleaned for you". That is not MY message...it is the message from the radical Christian right.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join