It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

It would do you good to research the Christian religion yourself instead of having me forward you to links.

On the contrary smalls, it is YOU who has NOT a degree in Christian Theology, what you have is the same hate motivated discontextualized cut and pastes of the Bible mixed with the same unmittigated arrogance of an atheist. Thanks for the favor sparing us the links.

If the bible is divinely inspired, why does it contradict itself so?

You know if I make a deal with you that I can show you how silly 99% of them are when put into a more educated context and you promised TO QUIT USING the now corrected interpretations, invariably they continue to believe the hype or basatardized convoluted assumptions.

Paul sought to gain power, and what better way than through a religion?

Yeah just ask Hitler, he did that. Unlike Paul though,, he didn't heal the sick and teach forgivness but he WAS persecuted.

Like the Christians Hitler persecuted and the thousands of JW he put in concentration camps.

Killing people from any religion will solve nothing, and instead, cause much more problems.

The more violence we create, the more blood will be spilt. Simple.

If we start killing Muslims, Christians and Jews will follow.

I couldn't agree more.

- Con

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

And for the 50 or 60 people per attack that they kill on average, it still doesn't compare to the 500,000 to 1,000,000 people the American military has killed in turn under the order of a religious extremist by the name of George W. Bush.

Why does everyone need to push their views with inflated numbers? We will respect your views more if you actually used reality in supporting them no matter what they are. First your 500k to 1 million is totally off and there are many posts on ATS showing the data to prove it. Second, our military kills about 100 people per month, and the secular fighting is killing about 2000. Those 40 or 50 people per attack kills have nothing to do with Americans or Christians, so I do not know what point you are trying to make there.

The struggle in Iraq sucks already without anyone trying to make it look worst than it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
[I love it when I see it and I see here. LOL the "Teflon Double Standard of Atheism" Fox, that is EXACTLY what the Atheist who started this thread is doing This thread meme is a creation by an atheist who assume Religion is evil and so all Religions are evil and wouldn't ya know it, the person making the thread besides you,, just happen to be Atheist.

You didn't actually read the article cited in the initial post, did you? Do you understand the difference between "Christian" and "Christian right"? The first is a religion. The second is a melding of that religion and a semi-fascist set of political ideas.

Well,, if the shoe fits then you and budski got to decide which one gets to wear the pumps or penny loafers.

- Con

Could you try that again, only with more of that "making sense" stuff? I think the recipe calls for more than you used there.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was on the Dean's list and the President's list in a SECULAR college.
I'm also an armchair bible scholar, an eschatology student, and a mom of three kids who are all adults (well one is almost an adult, just a few months left). Anyway, I'm about to be a grandmother as my first son just got married at the age of 24. My husband served in the US military for 23 years (it was rough). I've only voted twice in my life, once for a democrat and once for an independent. I'm a christian, non-denominational. I've had breast cancer and a full radical masectomy and chemotherapy (wow was that a mistake). I've suffered with gulf war syndrome, been in a coma on total life support, suffered some brain damage, and diagnosed with diabetes. I'm still here, and although I may seem a little childish, naive and idiotic to you, I assure you, I've been threw enough crap in my 50 years of life, to know I'm not THAT stupid. Stupid, maybe. THAT stupid - no, I don't think so.

Listen, in regards to the many wonderful stereotypes that are plastered on people of faith, if I started explaining with even half of what I've been through, you would not be accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Instead, you'd be scrambling to try to explain the actions of your fellow human beings. You'd be like... "Oh doh! All agnostics are not like that." or "All atheists are not like that."

And I would agree, And you don't see me starting thread after stupid thread about how atheist extremists are ruining the world! Because, frankly, all it does is fan the flames of unreasonable hatred that disqualifies you as a human being.

Will you get the freakin' picture please?
This is the last time I'm going to ask because I'm too old to spend much more of my valuable and potentially short remaining years talking to people that hate me and wish me harm because I believe in a supernatural power!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Why does everyone need to push their views with inflated numbers? We will respect your views more if you actually used reality in supporting them no matter what they are. First your 500k to 1 million is totally off and there are many posts on ATS showing the data to prove it. Second, our military kills about 100 people per month, and the secular fighting is killing about 2000. Those 40 or 50 people per attack kills have nothing to do with Americans or Christians, so I do not know what point you are trying to make there.

The struggle in Iraq sucks already without anyone trying to make it look worst than it is.

Well I think what happens here is they include the deaths by those circumstances caused by the sanctions placed on Iraq well before the war and without mentioning that fact is one thing. The actual number will be debated till the end of time but to claim this war is a religious right movement is as stupid as saying Bush wears a suit and tie so all people wearing suits are evil.

The whole thing is typical and it's sad that Atheists who claim superior intelligence (I guess if I renounce the Christian GOD my I.Q. jumps 50 ) insist on making the mistakes they so hate religion for but don't even see that much less acknowledge it.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I've read plenty. I also know some people who were there. Nazi Germany was not atheist (that was Stalin's Russia). That meme is a creation of those Christians who assume Atheism is evil and so all evil must be the work of atheists.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Nazis reflect on most modern Christians. Nazi christianity is, aside from a few white supremacist groups, an extinct denomination, and a short-lived one at that.

Nazi Germany was still based on nationalism and not religion. Evil is the work of man and not religion, and I think every Christian would agree with that. I also can say everyone will commit sins throughout there life, and I don't think there is a single Christian that thinks one must be atheists to do evil, but if a person actually lived as their religion would like them to live they would not be doing evil.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nazi Germany was still based on nationalism and not religion. Evil is the work of man and not religion, and I think every Christian would agree with that. I also can say everyone will commit sins throughout there life, and I don't think there is a single Christian that thinks one must be atheists to do evil, but if a person actually lived as their religion would like them to live they would not be doing evil.

Yep.
why is it some people can see that so clearly and others think we're talking swahili backwards or something?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

You didn't actually read the article cited in the initial post, did you? Do you understand the difference between "Christian" and "Christian right"? The first is a religion. The second is a melding of that religion and a semi-fascist set of political ideas.

Oh I have seen two of them speak but how that has anything to do with my post regarding you making the same mistake you say Christians do is missing from your responce

Could you try that again, only with more of that "making sense" stuff? I think the recipe calls for more than you used there.

Nothing wrong with the recipe dear, there are some condiments on the table to season, I suggest a heaping helping of that "comprehension" stuff.

As for the ad hom,, you dish it cloaked as a recipe but I still get it.

Bon appetite.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
It seems that extremists also exist in the "christian" world.

"Christian Right's Emerging Deadly Worldview: Kill Muslims to Purify the Earth"

There is no such thing as "Christian Extremists". They don't exist at all.

If they exist, they are con artist and deceivers. By the way, the news is misleading and deceptive because it points to Christianity as a whole being extremist. Its too deceptive and ignorant of the fact that there are a lot of cults of Christianity (fake). They are not Bible based.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

The only people on this thread who have been spouting hatred have been some of the Christian posters.

I don't really hate anyone, (oh well apart from maybe The Welsh and The French
), and I certainly do not think I am intelectually superior to anyone. Quite the opposite if the truth were told.

Where you get the basis for these assumptions are beyong me.

That I have a different opinion to you is obvious and I certainly won't stop expressing my opinion because a conceited bigot like you try's to intimidate me with your overtly aggresive posts.

Why is it that theists think they have a monopoly on compassion and caring.
Oh, that's right, because it get's them brownie points which may allow them to enter into God's exclusive Members Only Club come Judgement Day.
Well here's some news, I do it because I care, not because some, possibly imaginary figurehead has instructed me to.

I'm sorry my friend, but your moral superiority cut's no ice with me

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Inspite of the fact that The Nazi party was found to be extremely anti Christian during the Nuremburg trials. I too agree with "Undo" as many of the other posts I have read from you

They are Drop Dead

Common Sense.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The only people on this thread who have been spouting hatred have been some of the Christian posters.

Can you believe he said this? I can't believe my eyeballs.

A guy comes in and says he hopes all the religious people kill each other and then he and his ilk can pick up the pieces.

Where, pray tell, in this long thread, did any of us say we hoped the atheists/agnostics killed each other and then we could pick up the pieces?

It's gotten so bad, he doesn't even realize what he's saying now.

I give up. You win!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

The whole thing is typical and it's sad that Atheists who claim superior intelligence (I guess if I renounce the Christian GOD my I.Q. jumps 50 ) insist on making the mistakes they so hate religion for but don't even see that much less acknowledge it.

I find it rather wierd. My friend's son is an atheist and he gets almost hostile attacking religion any chance he gets. He has this need to force confrontation that I find odd in why would anyone care about something they do not belief in. I would not get into deep conversation about Santa Claws or the tooth fairy, so why do they care about religion.

I do not believe in the Buddhist religion in the least, but I do not try and argue it and I respect those who do. I also do not believe in Alien contact, and once again I can debate my point, but in the end I understand it is a faith for the people who do believe and you cannot debate faith.

It would be interesting to find out if atheist believe in anything that they do not have 100% emperical data backing it up.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Is that so? and tell me,, what is the provocation for these alleged hate posts? Or do you think Christians don't have a right to get upset when they are being portrayed in such a fallacious inflammatory way?

Where you get the basis for these assumptions are beyong me.

Having spent much time and money in a group of Christians who pose as atheists and attend there meetings, listen to there mantras, read all the books not to mention seeing the same "tricks" they do setting up threads like this one, is where I get my in basis.

That I have a different opinion to you is obvious and I certainly won't stop expressing my opinion because a conceited bigot like you try's to intimidate me with your overtly aggresive posts.

Hey guy I didn't even know who you were till you made it clear to me and I still don't hate atheists. Frankly,, they ain't that damn important.

Why is it that theists think they have a monopoly on compassion and caring.

What are you implying? That we don't want you to care for people? That we wouldn't value your help and assistance in helping others ?

I'm sorry my friend, but your moral superiority cut's no ice with me

That is exactly this Christians point

pity

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, maybe I replied a bit in haste there.
Apologies.
That happens sometimes when someone else comes in and claims the moral highground and spouting nonsense with absolutely no supportive evidence and showing a total ignorance of previous posts.

To describe the OP as an evil atheist when he quite clearly isn't really bugged me.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Is that so? and tell me,, what is the provocation for these alleged hate posts? Or do you think Christians don't have a right to get upset when they are being portrayed in such a fallacious inflammatory way?

He doesn't know that's what it means, though. He doesn't even notice the people coming in saying christians and religious people in general, should just go away, far away, preferably to the grave, sooner than later. These same people want you to take care of them in hospitals, restaurants, at gas stations, make their clothing, deliver their mail, put out their housefires, bring them to the hospital in an ambulance, teach them art, music, and poetry, but hell if they want to admit your human being when the find out you actually believe in Christ?!!! Where's the disconnect? It's supernatural! Don't blame the guy, he's not even aware what's happening! (seriously, read the thread!)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Dark Skies

It would do you good to research the Christian religion yourself instead of having me forward you to links.

I suggest picking up the bible itself and noticing how many different authors there have been over the years, and how many editors.

If the bible is divinely inspired, why does it contradict itself so?

Paul sought to gain power, and what better way than through a religion?

As this is not discussion relevant to the thread, I will leave you to your "holy book."

Back to the thread...

Killing people from any religion will solve nothing, and instead, cause much more problems.

The more violence we create, the more blood will be spilt. Simple.

If we start killing Muslims, Christians and Jews will follow.

ALLAH AKBAR.

Okey Dokie...what power did Paul gain and what did it get him other than a loss of his head?

I know the Bible and I know that you seem not to.

Man...that flappy gums syndrome is really pathological, eh?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Can you believe he said this? I can't believe my eyeballs.

A guy comes in and says he hopes all the religious people kill each other and then he and his ilk can pick up the pieces.

Where, pray tell, in this long thread, did any of us say we hoped the atheists/agnostics killed each other and then we could pick up the pieces?

It's gotten so bad, he doesn't even realize what he's saying now.

I give up. You win!

You see what I mean,, they instigate this kind of thread then the moment and real logical post is made about the hypocrisy, they ( as it turns out ATHEISTS) ignore what is right under there nose in front of there face.

They are willfully intolerant of listening to ANYTHING we say and when we say anything, all they see is the HATE and that's all.

What else is interesting is just what I have been saying here, that if you look at the profiles of those posts of the opposing view, they are all what I call "Career Atheist Forum warriors" . This is what they do, and that post extrozero made about the unusual angst aggression with the Atheist his son knows,, I see that all the time and have used similar analogies to compare.

I don't believe in reptilians but I don't make it my business to insult those that do or hang around there threads JUST TO BE AN ANTAGONIST as I see sooo many Atheists doing here.

I'm just glad this got exposed for what it is before it became yet another "Religion" is evil and must be eradicated" kind of thing.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I know.

Does not change the religion that the overwhelming majority of Nazis followed, and which they used as a basis for their outlook on race - regardless of wheter posters here agree with that outlook, that's what hte Nazis cited.

I'm not making a statement about Christianity, simply refuting some guy who thinks Nazis were atheists - who used that assumption to paint all atheists as Nazis, which clearly, not a damn one of you have an issue with...

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I know this is a large thread but did you make any attempt at all to read all the posts before wading in feet first flinging accusations at people which have no basis in reality.
If you had read the WHOLE thread you would be aware that there has been no attack on Christianity as a whole.
Your portrayal of this thread as being part of some concerted Atheist plot to discredit Christianity is, well quite frankly incredulous.

Your attempts to portray Christians as being the sole exponents of compassion displays the superior attitude that alienates so many people nowadays.

I personally am agnostic and as such I think and act as I do because I believe it's right, not because someone elses interpretation of what "God" thinks tells me how I have to or I'll burn forever in the bowels of hell.
My choice.

At no point in this thread has anyone stated that ALL Christians are evil and extremist yet you lump all Atheists and Agnostics together and claim they are all part of some conspiracy or plot to discredit and "overthrow" Christianity.
Absolute nonsense.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join